Confirmed: Riewoldt is ready to go.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kaos theory
Club Player

Confirmed: Riewoldt is ready to go.

He is passing all tests with flying colours...He is aiming for round 13, but club is thinking of holding him back longer, just to be sure....

I say if he's right, bring him in round 13 against the cats!

No doubt club, player & doctors will assess over next 2 weeks, so will be interesting to see what they decide...

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Confirmed by who kaos ... ?

saintbob
SS Life Member

Re: Confirmed: Riewoldt is ready to go.

kaos theory wrote:He is passing all tests with flying colours...He is aiming for round 13, but club is thinking of holding him back longer, just to be sure....

No doubt club, player & doctors will assess over next 2 weeks, so will be interesting to see what they decide...

Where did you hear this???

Hopefully the club will give him an extra couple of weeks ,as is the norm with a bad hamstring tear.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Confirmed: Riewoldt is ready to go.

saintbob wrote:
kaos theory wrote:He is passing all tests with flying colours...He is aiming for round 13, but club is thinking of holding him back longer, just to be sure....

Where did you hear this???

Hopefully the club will give him an extra couple of weeks ,as is the norm with a bad hamstring tear.
Once he is fit there will be no extra weeks. If he isnt fit he will get extra time. My guess is round 14 against Melbourne baring any other incident.

wasaintsfan
Club Player

bring him bk this week. Im selfish haha

howlinwolf
Club Player

Gerrard Healy mentioned it on Sports Tonight this evening. He said Nick wanted to return round 15 but the club is being conservative and aiming at round 17.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Saintsfan
Club Player

We have to be conservative with his return as if he re-injures this through coming back too early we are screwed for the year and the best we can expect is a grand final loss.

The Saintsfan Cometh
kaos theory
Club Player

howlinwolf wrote:Gerrard Healy mentioned it on Sports Tonight this evening. He said Nick wanted to return round 15 but the club is being conservative and aiming at round 17.
Actually, it was 'around' round 13.....He also asked greg hutchinson about this....he neither confirmed or denied, which is typical saints public relations....keep everyone in the dark :wink:

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Whatever round Roo thinks....add a week.

Whatever round the club thinks...add a week.

We cannot afford to have any setbacks. He needs to be 100%

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
sainter27
Club Player

I have heard from a 'club insider' that he is desperately keen to play against the Cats. But I hear people saying +1 week from when he is ready. Apparently 2 weeks after he is ready is the club's unbending policy. But we know how footy clubs can bend when they want to. But you take this stuff with a grain of salt. Like most here, if he back by the Brissy game, preferably the game after- I will be bloody ectastic!

Jeez guys, how bloody nervous will all of us be when he runs out and charges for his first mark. I might have to take a valium or smoke 12 joints before his first game back!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Look guys i know nobody on here, AND I MEAN NOBODY, wants Roo to re-injure the tendon, but nobody knows if an extra week or two will help or not.

I mean ANYONE can injure themselves at any time. Roo may come back in Round 16 instead of 14 and tear a abdominal muscle, or injure a shoulder or do an ankle.

then everyone with 20/20 hindsight will say "oh why did we hold him back?"

We will have the usual hindsight kings like Mark Robinson and Sheahan second guessing medical professionals on when Roo should come back, like they would know.

When the doctors say he is fit, he is fit. If the tendon goes again, it goes again, nobody on here or in the media has a clue.

The human body is a strange thing and not one is the same.

No use complaining if it doesn't work.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Look guys i know nobody on here, AND I MEAN NOBODY, wants Roo to re-injure the tendon, but nobody knows if an extra week or two will help or not.

I mean ANYONE can injure themselves at any time. Roo may come back in Round 16 instead of 14 and tear a abdominal muscle, or injure a shoulder or do an ankle.

We will have the usual hindsight kings like Mark Robinson and Sheahan second guessing medical professionals on when Roo should come back, like they would know.

When the doctors say he is fit, he is fit. If the tendon goes again, it goes again, nobody on here or in the media has a clue.

I disagree.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Look guys i know nobody on here, AND I MEAN NOBODY, wants Roo to re-injure the tendon, but nobody knows if an extra week or two will help or not.

I disagree.
bulls***. JB is right. Have a look at my previous posts.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I disagree.
No he isn't you apologist.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I dont give a damn when he actually comes back....

As long as they believe that his injury is as close to 100% as it can be.

You cant do any more than that.

Jeez I'm looking forward to it though.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I disagree.
No he isn't you apologist.
You just like disagreeing with yourself.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Whatever round Roo thinks....add a week.

Whatever round the club thinks...add a week.

We cannot afford to have any setbacks. He needs to be 100%
correct.

knowing the competitor he is he will want to be back earlier than he should.

i hope the medical staff or whoever it is that makes these decisions errs on the side of extreme caution.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Good point.

rexy
SS Life Member

You cant be any more ready than 100%, If he is 95% and could play then give him another week. If he is 100%, he plays IMO.

Would not have thought the club is keeping anyone in the dark, rehab is not a 100% science, why have the added preassure on the club or Nick of predicting a date 3 or 4 weeks in advance when it may or may not be accurate.

Maybe this year?
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Tommy Walsh told me he'd be ready by round 12 but they're going to hold him back.

I asked "why's that, Tommy?"

He said, "to be sure, to be sure."

I'm sorry.

linz
Club Player

I reckon we should never bring him back and then we will be guaranteed that he will never injure himself again :wink:

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Just not at the Gabba or Etihad for the return, Cats or Collingwood at the MCG.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I've got an unsubstantiated theory in my head that his leg muscle development was over-worked in the summer which contributed to his injury due to tightness. I wouldn't imagine the conditioning team admitting to this. As long as his legs are back to skinny - I'll be happy, provided he's given the all clear. I've been dreaming about the excitement. The effect on the team, you would Have to say, will be HUGE. That's why we'll win it.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I don't imagine Roo would be thinking he would get injured or reinjured when he comes back and neither should we.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Well, his constant leading really does leave him open to it, hamstrings are easily injured when suddenly stressed whilst acting over both the knee and the hip joints simultaneously.