The WAR. Herald-Sun v SAINTS? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The WAR. Herald-Sun v SAINTS? !!

It appears that the Herald-Sun and their journos are taking every opportunity to "dig the boots in" to St Kilda of late.

There was/is the Lovett saga

There was the "pregnancy" scandal

and now

There is the Grant Thomas-Milney article

And, its not just me and other saints fans who think/suggest this. There have been a number of media commentators who have suggested that the Herald-Sun have gone over the top with these topics.

So, that's the problem. What is the solution? It can't go on as it is/will be doing lots of damage to OUR BRAND.

I wonder if any of our executive/Board have met with executives of News Ltd and/or the journos concerned to discuss this and "Smoke the Peace pipe"?

Am I being a bit precious here or do others feel somewhat the same as I do?

Comments please !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Because they were made to look so foolish over the teenage pregnancy thing and those journos who have lost what little credability they had left feel they have to make up with more bullshyte. They are only making themselves look more pathetic

I love this club
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Pretty simple solution, don't buy the Filth's rag.

suss
Club Player

It's their job as a tabloid to write garbage for nuffies. We just need to stop giving them material.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Yes I noticed that yesterday when 2 Saints players were named by James Hird as the most courageous

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Give them something to really be upset about, win the premiership!

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Give them something to really be upset about, win the premiership!
Yes that will really upset them because they are after us.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Spot-on ToySaint! I don't touch that publication with a barge pole. Robinson is a hack of the worst sort and I've long given up on getting a fair crack from the media anyway!
I guess its all about what REALLY matters: The St Kilda Football Club and giving support to it....or being bothered about what a bunch of hacks think.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Amazing how many people dont read the Herald Sun. Just like they dont watch the footy show.

Badlands
Club Player

Interestingly, i noted today, Sam Edmund who was responsible for the "Milne M.I.A" article, had Milney in his mid-season All Australian team.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
howlinwolf
Club Player

The article on Milney says a lot more about our former Coach's judgement than our Club.

Also, they would have pushed the other issues just as far if it were any other club.

That's news to them and that's their bread and butter.

I don't feel we get any different treatment to any other club.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote:Interestingly, i noted today, Sam Edmund who was responsible for the "Milne M.I.A" article, had Milney in his mid-season All Australian team.
Sam Edmund knew what he was going to get from Grant Thomas before he rang him up. Thomas stated this on Footy Classified on Monday Night. IMHO Edmund & his subbie are a disgrace. 200 games & 400 goals are milestones to be celebrated without all the other rubbish. This view is shared (in part) by Gerard Wheatley, Garry Lyon, Jason Dunstall and others.

Whether we like or dislike the Herald-Sun is irrelevant here. It is about finding a solution to perceived problem that has a growing number of influential people are stating exists !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Saintsfan
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Amazing how many people dont read the Herald Sun. Just like they dont watch the footy show.
I hate it and never watch it but how funny was it when Sam......

The Saintsfan Cometh
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

watching the pre-game show on foxtel now, for the hawks v crows game.
they were talking about hawthorns bad start to the year, and how they are now slowly making a comeback and the comment was made
"Now we know the Cats have the premiership wrapped up but....."
wow.
Geelong is very lucky to be sitting where they are right now IMO, they have had a few games where they have won by that 5-7 goal margin, but people forget the game was close until the 19th min of the 4th quarter then they score 5 late goals.
Geelong have the premiership far from wrapped up

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:Yes I noticed that yesterday when 2 Saints players were named by James Hird as the most courageous
Should have been three

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

The Age is a St Kilda sponsor, don't you know. And News Ltd in general feels no shame about hunting down people/companies/political parties "to teach them a lesson".

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Amazing how many people dont read the Herald Sun. Just like they dont watch the footy show.
Never watch the footy show, and never buy the HS, only read it on line.

I suppose in your world P66, politicians never lie, police are never corrupt, and journos are always balanced...

The world would be a better place if this was the case... but it is clearly not.

starsign
Club Player

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:The Age is a St Kilda sponsor, don't you know. And News Ltd in general feels no shame about hunting down people/companies/political parties "to teach them a lesson".
was thinking the same thing!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The MMM team were speaking about this topic pre-game today. They all agreed that the Herald-Sun were out of line and showed very poor timing on the Milney MIA article. James Brayshaw went on to say that he believed that St Kilda Football Club were "NOT HAPPY" about it.

It doesn't matter if we do or don't buy the paper, the negative articles will be doing damage to our brand. I hope that those in power at the club have at least contacted the Herald-Sun to try to find out what's going on

They even felt they "had to" name all the players & officials who have given statements and/or are witnesses in the Lovett criminal case in an article today !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Herald Sun sports section should have glossy pages...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:Because they were made to look so foolish over the teenage pregnancy thing and those journos who have lost what little credability they had left feel they have to make up with more bullshyte. They are only making themselves look more pathetic
i think they read this forum.....no,,,i know they read this forum.....and they know we hate them with a passion......scummie creeps that they are......so it's just payback for them...because they can.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Buy the Age.. Enough said

Fortius Quo Fidelius
degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Yes I noticed that yesterday when 2 Saints players were named by James Hird as the most courageous
Not a journalistic article.