Players that have really stood up in Riewoldt's absence

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Players that have really stood up in Riewoldt's absence

Hayes
Goddard
Milne

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Players that have really stood up in Riewoldt's absence

battye wrote:Hayes
Goddard
Milne
and gilbert

degruch
Saintsational Legend

...and the 'lesser lights' of Gwilt, and Raph ( :cry: ) who have stood up in Gram's absence.

StPeter
Club Player

Agree about Gwilt and Clarke.

I thought Gwilt was excellent against Freo. His disposal and decision-making were impeccable. Clarke was also very good until injured.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Players that have really stood up in Riewoldt's absence

battye wrote:Hayes
Goddard
Milne
Dal
Joey

Wigsy
Club Player

I put my hand up on Gwilt. I never quite understood how he was getting games in previous years; a bit of a nothing player I thought. Nothing horrible about him, but had little input, little spark. But boy I like him as a defender and have done so since the start of the season. Measured, composed, good decision making. I'd still like to see Raph trialled forward, just to see whether his long arms and ability to read the play might be a bit of an x factor. I hope we stick with a third tall even when Roo comes back - just takes a little pressure off. Lynch might be the man in my eyes, but Stanley worth persisting with. Did some nice things today.

2009 - the year of the Saint (modified name from MasonCJ2)
Wigsy
Club Player

And Clint Jones as well. Flies under the radar, but terrific player.

2009 - the year of the Saint (modified name from MasonCJ2)
Calais
Club Player

I thought MG has lifted his game a bit

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Calais wrote:I thought MG has lifted his game a bit
yep. forgot him. he's been great-

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Wigsy wrote:And Clint Jones as well. Flies under the radar, but terrific player.
Reckon? He was great last year, but I reckon he's been little better than a GOP for most of this year. Yesterday was typical of his season: he did some really good stuff, and also some shockers.

Don't get me wrong: he fully deserves his place in our top 22, which is a big achievement for him, given that he didn't play his first AFL gMe until he was as old as some guys are when they play their 100th.

But last year, at times, CJ looked like he could become someting a bit more than a solid AFL player. But, this year, his progress has stalled.

But this might change: he's surprised us before. I doubt that too many work harder on their game than CJ (perhaps Riewoldt, but he's one in a million).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:But last year, at times, CJ looked like he could become someting a bit more than a solid AFL player. But, this year, his progress has stalled.

But this might change: he's surprised us before. I doubt that too many work harder on their game than CJ (perhaps Riewoldt, but he's one in a million).
i know where you are coming from and have commented on it myself. he's just lacked that little spark that he had last season and early this season.

hasn't been the same since collingwood targetted him and singled him out for special treatment in round 4???

this is something he will have to learn to deal with like every other very good player.

the opposition are aware of him and rate him and will try to knock him off his game as often as possible.

cj is good enough to come through it and he will.