Black Pots & Kettles !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Black Pots & Kettles !!

Our boy Bakes calling Ballantyne a "Dirty Little Bugga" :lol: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Classic moment :D

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
stinger
Saintsational Legend

tongue firmly placed in cheek....imhfo....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Didnt hear it but must have been gold :D

I love this club
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

He's pretty spot on. Ballantyne hasn't earned his stripes yet so to puff out his chest and act the tough man is a little rich. He should concentrate on getting a kick first or better still put his head over the ball and earn it. I think BJ gave him a few choice words at the end of the game. He has talent but tries to act as an enforcer.

Another opportunity awaits!
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Moccha wrote:He's pretty spot on. Ballantyne hasn't earned his stripes yet so to puff out his chest and act the tough man is a little rich. He should concentrate on getting a kick first or better still put his head over the ball and earn it. I think BJ gave him a few choice words at the end of the game. He has talent but tries to act as an enforcer.
He was their best player yesterday IMO. PITA he may be, but he can play.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

But he's an A grade wanker to put it lightly

Another opportunity awaits!
Saintsfan
Club Player

So why did Fremantle want to go on with it after the siren and why was Goddard so worked up over something afte the siren?

Seems like more to it to me.

The Saintsfan Cometh
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:So why did Fremantle want to go on with it after the siren.
because they are bad losers. a disgraceful display of poor sportsmanship, i thought.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Unfortunately it was Goddard who initiated the incident after the siren. Goddard went out of his way to shove Ballantyne. I think it had something to do with an earlier incident when Morabito was given a fifty metre penalty and goaled. BJ really just should have stayed out of it.
He played a great game and he is very important to the team.

Saintsfan
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:So why did Fremantle want to go on with it after the siren.
because they are bad losers. a disgraceful display of poor sportsmanship, i thought.
As another poster said it was Goddard who began the shoving etc after the game. Does that make Goddard a bad winner/bad sport?

If it is good enough to classify Fremantle players as such then you have to classify ours as such, considering we started it.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Agree 100% Saintsfan. Goddard's passion is CRUCIAL and inspirational, but he and his team'd well served sometimes if his shelved the petulance and just played. Thankfully it only bubbles a couple of times a year...

Similarly, having Ballantyne's behaviour 'unsettle' a few around these parts and onfield seems a bit rich when Milney's been doing the same thing for 200 games.

Stop the strop, I say. Just get on with it.

Bigger fish than Freo to fry.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Agree 100% Saintsfan. Goddard's passion is CRUCIAL and inspirational, but he and his team'd well served sometimes if his shelved the petulance and just played. Thankfully it only bubbles a couple of times a year...

Similarly, having Ballantyne's behaviour 'unsettle' a few around these parts and onfield seems a bit rich when Milney's been doing the same thing for 200 games.

Well put THinline. Good to have you back posting :wink:

Saintsfan
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Agree 100% Saintsfan. Goddard's passion is CRUCIAL and inspirational, but he and his team'd well served sometimes if his shelved the petulance and just played. Thankfully it only bubbles a couple of times a year...

Goddard is an angry asshole. Baker is a little s***. If Milne was not good at football god help where he would be.

All clubs have them and this anger is what defines and assists a sporting organisation and I think it is great.

The Saintsfan Cometh
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Saintsfan wrote:

Goddard is an angry asshole. Baker is a little s***. If Milne was not good at football god help where he would be.

All clubs have them and this anger is what defines and assists a sporting organisation and I think it is great.
In 2005, if I'm not mistaken, we were labelled for being really soft and came out hard and showed some agro on the field the following week en route to a gritty win against Foostcray I think it was. We then won like eight or nine matches in a row from them and stormed into the top four.

My point being a bit of agro is always good. Don't forget Lenny;. tough as nails. remember him in the sirengate fiasco?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Aye...

Telling connolly to get his fat arse off the ground....

With great colour and style.

;P

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Saintsfan
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:

In 2005, if I'm not mistaken, we were labelled for being really soft and came out hard and showed some agro on the field the following week en route to a gritty win against Foostcray I think it was. We then won like eight or nine matches in a row from them and stormed into the top four.

My point being a bit of agro is always good. Don't forget Lenny;. tough as nails. remember him in the sirengate fiasco?
I think sirengate was a wee bit different. All players (probably Fremantle's too) would have preferred if Cuddles stayed inside the box....

The Saintsfan Cometh
St Michele
Club Player

Moccha wrote:He's pretty spot on. Ballantyne hasn't earned his stripes yet so to puff out his chest and act the tough man is a little rich. He should concentrate on getting a kick first or better still put his head over the ball and earn it. I think BJ gave him a few choice words at the end of the game. He has talent but tries to act as an enforcer.
He reminds me of Milney the way he plays, no fear just beleives he will never get caught and just goes for it. I think he will be hated by other clubs like our Stephen too

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Saint Mik
Club Player

St Michele wrote:
He reminds me of Milney the way he plays, no fear just beleives he will never get caught and just goes for it. I think he will be hated by other clubs like our Stephen too
I am loving the fact the others are starting to hate us, feels good to me and even better knowing that we are good enough to go as hard as you want.

Hope we trout off against Geelong too, just for Harves sake give em a spray i say :wink:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Aye...

;P
Connolly saying to Hayes "Dont hit me Lenny, Dont hit me Lenny" tells you a lot about the type of character Connolly was.

Anyone know why bj reacted the way he did? Ballantyne is an absolute dirty little pr!ck and I bet he was dissing bj about his family.

I am glad bj gave it to that little effing loser. Good on you bj, show those Freo softc#ck, downhill skiiers what it takes to be a top four team.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

It looked like BOTH Ballantyne & Crowley "got stuck into BJ after he gave that 50m penalty away for kicking the ball away in the dying minutes. It appeared that Ballantyne gave BJ a cheap one to the guts. I suspect that BJ may have provided a little payback after the siren and it blew up from there !!
Last edited by Eastern on Tue 15 Jun 2010 12:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Hey Eastern, that is pretty much how I saw it as I was at the game behind the goals along with many other proud Sainters.
Just think it didn't look good to see Goddard react to something like that after the siren considering he ran out of his way to confront Ballantyne.
Love the way Goddard has been playing lately though.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Anyone know why bj reacted the way he did? Ballantyne is an absolute dirty little pr!ck and I bet he was dissing bj about his family.
that would have been it for sure. i'm backing our bloke on this one.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

;P
Connolly saying to Hayes "Dont hit me Lenny, Dont hit me Lenny" tells you a lot about the type of character Connolly was.

Anyone know why bj reacted the way he did? Ballantyne is an absolute dirty little pr!ck and I bet he was dissing bj about his family.

I am glad bj gave it to that little effing loser. Good on you bj, show those Freo softc#ck, downhill skiiers what it takes to be a top four team.
Connolly is a drunken, pie eating buffoon.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
rexy
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

;P

Connolly is a drunken, pie eating buffoon.
Actually a really nice bloke, a family man and a natural leader who loves teaching and working with young people. Not sure if he likes pies but a lot of people do. Dont think he drinks a lot but probably has been drunk at times, think we all have? Well most of us not all.

Shouldnt have been on the ground at the end of that match though.

Maybe this year?