kosi contract status

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

I'd be really suprised if Kosi left.

He appears to be pretty into his family.

From what I understand, I think they still live rural.

Going to the GC would take him a fair way from home.

That said, I get a feeling his values are pretty old school, so loyalty to those who look after him would be something important to him.

goyousaints
Club Player

Watched him closely against adelaide,looked disinterested,reminded me of everitt in his final year,hope it was just an off night,looked much better on sunday,involved himself in the game.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Why would they care if he will be 32 to 33 when their time is due?

they will want to be competitive from the start. The state needs them to do well from the outset so getting players that will play for them is needed
They can be competitive from the get go with 20 year olds.

Being competitive with 32 year olds at the expense of a 20 year olds who'll do the same job is silly.

We're talking about a place that already has the best six or seven kids in the country (Swallow, Matera, Dixon, Shreeve, Toy, Smith, Magin, Daye etc) and 13 of the top 20 picks in the draft at season end.

Believe what you will, but for GC old blokes on the wane simply ain't an option.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We will lose someone to the GC IMO but I would think no one on this site has a clue who they may be. Kosi by the law of averages in much more chance to stay than go. I wouldnt worry what people say about who is staying going because the truth is I doubt anyone on here would have a clue.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We will lose someone to the GC IMO but I would think no one on this site has a clue who they may be. Kosi by the law of averages in much more chance to stay than go. I wouldnt worry what people say about who is staying going because the truth is I doubt anyone on here would have a clue.
I hope you're right...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We will lose someone to the GC IMO but I would think no one on this site has a clue who they may be. Kosi by the law of averages in much more chance to stay than go. I wouldnt worry what people say about who is staying going because the truth is I doubt anyone on here would have a clue.
I hope you're right...
This is a shocking thing to say and I will be bagged for it but the only reason I hope Kosi doesnt go is that we will get bugger all for him.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
I hope you're right...
This is a shocking thing to say and I will be bagged for it but the only reason I hope Kosi doesnt go is that we will get bugger all for him.
Exactly, we should have traded him at the end of '08, when he had some value. The Dogs wanted him and would have jumped at the opportunity.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
I hope you're right...
Exactly, we should have traded him at the end of '08, when he had some value. The Dogs wanted him and would have jumped at the opportunity.
Love him or hate him, fail to see how the Saints would of benefited by providing the Doggies with a tall forward last year when they were already only just a kick or two away from beating us in the qualifying finals last year?

Unless of course you had another trade in mind to get some other tall to the Saints to replace him?

rexy
SS Life Member

Dont think he will go to the Goldcoast, and dont want him to either. Hope by years end the majority feel the same.

Thats my take.

Loyalty to the club and loyalty to players still has a place in the game, it is diminished by the professionalism of todays game and that is fine, but I hope Kosi gets to finish what he started and i hope he and Nick and a couple of others are all one club players like Loewe Burke and Harvey before them.

Maybe this year?
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
I hope you're right...
Love him or hate him, fail to see how the Saints would of benefited by providing the Doggies with a tall forward last year when they were already only just a kick or two away from beating us in the qualifying finals last year?

Unless of course you had another trade in mind to get some other tall to the Saints to replace him?
I wasn't looking for a like for like. All I wanted was to get rid of some deadwood two years ago and get decent draft picks or players at the time.

Didn't happen and as plugger66 said he's worthless now.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
I hope you're right...

I wasn't looking for a like for like. All I wanted was to get rid of some deadwood two years ago and get decent draft picks or players at the time.

Obsessed much with your hate?

Fair dinkum you are so pathetically transparent.

Only deadwood are people who go out of their way to constantly slag a STKFC player relentlessy. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

If he has signed, what dp's do we get as compensation?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Glad to see you're still stalking jboy.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I just think he's being played out of position and expecting him to lead the attack in riewoldt's absence was a mistake.

when roo comes back and is lacking a little match fitness perhaps play him deep for a couple of weeks and move kosi out to chf where he can roam around a bit more.

all the focus will be on rooey anyway, so kosi will again draw the third best defender and cannot fail to improve on his meagre return this season.

he's a good shot at goal from 50-55 metres out.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I just think he's being played out of position and expecting him to lead the attack in riewoldt's absence was a mistake.

when roo comes back and is lacking a little match fitness perhaps play him deep for a couple of weeks and move kosi out to chf where he can roam around a bit more.

all the focus will be on rooey anyway, so kosi will again draw the third best defender and cannot fail to improve on his meagre return this season.

Unfortunately "roam around" is all he does.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
I hope you're right...

I don't think his value at the end of 08 would have been that much better than it is now. I couldn;t see us getting any more than a second round pick and a player then and I reckon that's what we would get now.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
bigcarl wrote:I just think he's being played out of position and expecting him to lead the attack in riewoldt's absence was a mistake.

I know you disagree, but (imo) he is good value around the ground as second ruck. Unfortunately, GT keeps suggesting he return to that role and Ross is unlikely to be seen to be taking direction from the ex.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

IYO

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

IYO
Not only my opinion, I assure can you.

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Unfortunately, GT keeps suggesting he return to that role and Ross is unlikely to be seen to be taking direction from the ex.
You cant be serious?

You think RL would not do something just because GT thinks he should?

Maybe he only kept Milne because GT wanted to get rid of him??

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Unfortunately, GT keeps suggesting he return to that role and Ross is unlikely to be seen to be taking direction from the ex.
You cant be serious? You think RL would not do something just because GT thinks he should? Maybe he only kept Milne because GT wanted to get rid of him??
I am serious and I shudder for Kosi's sake every time GT repeats it. He's no longer the coach and repeating it will only get the incumbent's back up.

Ross is his own man and has made his own stamp on the team. I get the feeling he doesn't like unsolicited advice, particularly from his old nemesis.
Last edited by bigcarl on Thu 17 Jun 2010 10:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

IYO
People have negative opinions about many of guys on the Saints list, Kosi has some pretty strong competition out there for most hated player...

However it's really insignificant at the end of the day, because it's how they are regarded by the coach that will decide if they are worthless or deadwood.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:
You cant be serious? You think RL would not do something just because GT thinks he should? Maybe he only kept Milne because GT wanted to get rid of him??
I am serious and I shudder for Kosi's sake every time GT repeats it. He's no longer the coach and repeating it will only get the incumbent's back up.

Ross is his own man and has made his own stamp on the team. I get the feeling he doesn't like unsolicited advice, particularly from his old nemesis.
Your second last sentence just killed your argument. "Ross is his own man and has made his own stamp on the team."

He doesn't care one iota what GT or anyone else (except his assistants)have to say.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:He doesn't care one iota what GT or anyone else (except his assistants) have to say.
If that is the case I'm delighted, because it means we may get to see Kosi at his best again.

Play him as second ruck, just as GT keeps urging. The press will have a field day with it.
Last edited by bigcarl on Thu 17 Jun 2010 10:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

IYO
People have negative opinions about many of guys on the Saints list, Kosi has some pretty strong competition out there for most hated player...

However it's really insignificant at the end of the day, because it's how they are regarded by the coach that will decide if they are worthless or deadwood.
Where does the word "hated" come into this? Surely Saints supporters don't hate there own players? I think you've been reading too many of jboy's posts.