Channel 9 News...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
yipper wrote:Not surprised it did not get printed!!
I know...legalistically?

:D

It crossed my mind too.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Re: channel 9 news

SaintPav wrote:
saint75 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
poatina wrote:At last the point is emerging . The investigators claim they couldn't have prepared the brief better. Clearly they say that it was not compromised at all, whatever the pressure. But the DPP thought the case wasn't viable. Note that the DPP assesses it on the basis of a reasonable prospect of conviction - not as a prima facie case or the lesser test for a case to be committed for trial by a Magistrate - but on the test of whether a jury would convict. There was no point in arresting or charging anyone unless the DPP was going to indict . He said he would not . That is his call.
The sour grapes stupidy of the now - resigned investigating cop is shown by his bleat that there was a " good prima facie case " still on the file, but that " justice " didn't take its course. His idea of Justice was that Milne be charged , paraded around , maybe committed for trial and THEN discharged by the DPP , so the copper's ego could be satisfied about what a good job he had done, and he could say to the "victim" how terrible the DPP was . Pretty much as he's saying now , except he didn't get his joy in seeing Milne charged , if only to be discharged later once his life and career were ruined.
Appalling .
Spot on.

You should post more often.
100% agree. It should be noted that rape cases often boil down to one persons word against another. For a case to proceed, the evidence has to be IRON CLAD. The DPP and the police had no hesitation laying charges against Lovett and he is a St Kilda player. Why was this not thrown out and why was no pressure placed on the investigating officers in this case? BECAUSE THE EVIDENCE IS THERE TO SUPPORT THE CLAIMS!! Not to say he will be convicted, but they feel they have a good chance of obtaining a conviction.

Of course this boils down to money. Tax payers money will not be wasted on a case that is not able to get a conviction, whether it be to a lack of evidence or whether there is a consensus that the claims are false. Nor should it be tried.

I have been quite vocal in my disgust for Lovett and the 'alleged' violence he committed against his victim (which is still to be proven, granted). In this case, my sympathy lies with Milne, Montagna and their family and friends. All good and well the mother putting her two cents worth in too Ch9. Maybe Milne's wife or mother should make a phone call to them? Express their horror and disgust for the blatant garbage that has been published and screened by the media.

Back in 2004, I reserved my judgement on this issue until the facts came to the surface. The same stance I took on Lovett when I first heard the news about him after Christmas. Being a St Kilda supporter, my first instinct is loyalty so until evidence comes forward to substantiate the claims, they have my support. As a human being, if evidence comes to light that support the claims, I want them banished and punished. If I thought for one minute that Milne or Montagna were guilty, I would wish them to be banished from our club and have the full force of the law thrown at them.

Maybe this coming out now is a good thing for them in some ways. It never seemed to be resolved in 2004 even though the charges were dropped. Maybe now Milne and Montagna will be able to close this chapter once the hysteria has died down and the issue is dealt with.

A note to any young girls reading this, if you are going to jump into bed naked with men in the dark, you had better leave the light on next time so you can see which one you are sleeping with. No point claiming rape after the fact. It is best you don't point yourself in this situation in the first place.
With all due respect dude, I don't think your text really helps; especially the last bit..
Why 'dude'? Just because someone 'claims' something, doesn't mean it is true. Plenty of people are trying to hang Milne, why can I not show support for him? Is it politically incorrect for me to do so? Should I take her at her word and hang him like everyone else is? I don't see anyone taking Milne at his word!!

Unfortunately, young girls in society continue to put themselves into VERY precarious situations. Do not misinterpret this statement. No means NO. From my understanding of this situation (despite her claims), the evidence supports the fact that there was no case. Seems to be more of a case of 'confusion' (for want of a better word) that happened that night, not rape.

Whilst I am glad that her identity is being protected, I wish Milne and Montagna had been afforded the same luxury. She does not deserve to be put on trial via the public and media the way they are currently are. The police involved in this should have gone directly to the relevant authority with this instead of going for the money grab. All they wanted was money. Interesting why that they are both no longer involved in the police force. I wonder why? Might be a story there. Wonder how they would like their face plastered all over the paper........

Fortius Quo Fidelius
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:33am, edited 2 times in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The media is all about twisting the words to suggest the most malicious angle....

Clearly it is all driven by wanting to sell more papers or achieve more ratings.

I can remember when the 7PM current affairs shows had fair dinkum reporting and investigative journalism. Ditto for newspapers.

Now being a journo is down there with professions such as Pimping.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Funny how someone can have a conversation with someone about no-condom= no sex......but then supposedly feign horror when your gf walks in and turns the light on, that you were with the wrong fella. Particularly when she had been with the other fella on a number of occasions.

I mean fair dinkum, anyone, but anyone that has heard 44 speak would know that he has a very distinctive voice and lisp.

And this is not just backing a Saints player...as like many, if not all, I am pleased that Lovett was given the heave ho as were the St Kilda playing group.

I still believe what I was told at the time, that the main aggrieved parties here were the girls parents.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:33am, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saintsRrising wrote: I still believe what I was told at the time, that the main aggrieved parties here were the girls parents.
Went out deliberately to get f***ed by a footballer!!!!!

No wonder the case didn't go to court.

Parents should go on trial for bringing up their daughters with such loose morals.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
chook23 wrote:Can not believe some of the alleged comments mentioned by the journos

Cost too much!! ..........??? etc

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/invest ... 5882983027
Heard that in the Ch9 report that they were worried that IF they lost the case, it would cost the division a lot of money.

So IF they pressed charges, is it fair to say that confidence levels were not high in the division and they may have not be confident about getting a conviction? Just curious. Are there holes opening in their arguments?

if the prosecution case is piss weak.....they lose and have to pay the defendants costs......not a new concept ffs....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: I still believe what I was told at the time, that the main aggrieved parties here were the girls parents.
I was told that at the time also.

By a source whom, let's put it this way, would know.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Can't believe that their daughter would do the horizontal square-dance with anyone?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:Jason Richarson stated on SEN this morning that St Kilda had made a payment to the alleged victim. :shock:

Which front bar does he do his research in?
Fist full of Dollars hey?????

As I've stated, there's a key player in this, who is working with 2 or 3 others, makes for a very interesting re-match in Rnd 16, doesn't it!!!!!
We play Collingwood in round 16. What do they have to do with police corruption? Jumping at shadows.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SEN are still running the"Milne might be charged" line. I sent them numerous text messages after they called dial a lawyer....I basically said that they were an unethical media outlet. I probably went a bit far which prompted a call on my mobile from a very irate producer of SEN who accused me of slander!

I pointed out to him that they could talk and that Milne has done nothing wrong and that the brief was prepared to the best of their ability. I said that the Hun had been wrong before and so had SEN. I ended up having a lengthy chat to him and he was actually a nice guy. He said that they basically report the headlines (from the Hun). I asked him if he thought it was a media beat up and he replied that we just report the headlines mate.....very interseting.....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:Funny how someone can have a conversation with someone about no-condom= no sex......but then supposedly feign horror when your gf walks in and turns the light on, that you were with the wrong fella. Particularly when she had been with the other fella on a number of occasions.

I mean fair dinkum, anyone, but anyone that has heard 44 speak would know that he has a very distinctive voice and lisp.

And this is not just backing a Saints player...as like many, if not all, I am pleased that Lovett was given the heave ho as were the St Kilda playing group.

I still believe what I was told at the time, that the main aggrieved parties here were the girls parents.
Spot on Saintsrising!

The moral to the story, leave the light on when busy in the bedroom...... :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bigred
Saintsational Legend

And wear Mittens.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Can't believe that their daughter would do the horizontal square-dance with anyone?
Yeah, pretty much. Or under the circumstances relating to the 'horizontal square-dance' anyway.

I was told that the girl herself, wasn't exactly devastated by the whole affair. But the mum was livid.

As I said, I was told this personally by someone who was in a position to know directly, exactly what the story was.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I would love to know how it got to Channel 9 and why!

GoTheTorp
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Funny how someone can have a conversation with someone about no-condom= no sex......but then supposedly feign horror when your gf walks in and turns the light on, that you were with the wrong fella. Particularly when she had been with the other fella on a number of occasions.

I thought this as soon as they said she had been talking to 44 but only realised who it was after the lights went on hmmm she must have known 11's voice she had been with him a few times, and 44's isnt the most educated sounding.

Still i will ride in the back seat and see what happens, no use making outrageous statements.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Yeah, pretty much. Or under the circumstances relating to the 'horizontal square-dance' anyway.

I was told that the girl herself, wasn't exactly devastated by the whole affair. But the mum was livid.

As I said, I was told this personally by someone who was in a position to know directly, exactly what the story was.
We tell everyone this is about police corruption and then we bring up rumours on what of actually happened that night. We may know the Saints rumours and I am sure the girls friends know her rumours bu the fact is we are telling people it isnt about M and M but we then go and post unsubstantiated rubbish which has nothing to do with police corruption.

Which way do we want it. Is it about police corruption or is it about M and M. I say at the moment it is very much police corruption.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Fair pont but but it is only human nature to want to speculate.

We tell everyone this is about police corruption and then we bring up rumours on what of actually happened that night. We may know the Saints rumours and I am sure the girls friends know her rumours bu the fact is we are telling people it isnt about M and M but we then go and post unsubstantiated rubbish which has nothing to do with police corruption.

Which way do we want it. Is it about police corruption or is it about M and M. I say at the moment it is very much police corruption.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Re: channel 9 news

saint75 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
saint75 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
poatina wrote:At last the point is emerging . The investigators claim they couldn't have prepared the brief better. Clearly they say that it was not compromised at all, whatever the pressure. But the DPP thought the case wasn't viable. Note that the DPP assesses it on the basis of a reasonable prospect of conviction - not as a prima facie case or the lesser test for a case to be committed for trial by a Magistrate - but on the test of whether a jury would convict. There was no point in arresting or charging anyone unless the DPP was going to indict . He said he would not . That is his call.
The sour grapes stupidy of the now - resigned investigating cop is shown by his bleat that there was a " good prima facie case " still on the file, but that " justice " didn't take its course. His idea of Justice was that Milne be charged , paraded around , maybe committed for trial and THEN discharged by the DPP , so the copper's ego could be satisfied about what a good job he had done, and he could say to the "victim" how terrible the DPP was . Pretty much as he's saying now , except he didn't get his joy in seeing Milne charged , if only to be discharged later once his life and career were ruined.
Appalling .
Spot on.

You should post more often.
100% agree. It should be noted that rape cases often boil down to one persons word against another. For a case to proceed, the evidence has to be IRON CLAD. The DPP and the police had no hesitation laying charges against Lovett and he is a St Kilda player. Why was this not thrown out and why was no pressure placed on the investigating officers in this case? BECAUSE THE EVIDENCE IS THERE TO SUPPORT THE CLAIMS!! Not to say he will be convicted, but they feel they have a good chance of obtaining a conviction.

Of course this boils down to money. Tax payers money will not be wasted on a case that is not able to get a conviction, whether it be to a lack of evidence or whether there is a consensus that the claims are false. Nor should it be tried.

I have been quite vocal in my disgust for Lovett and the 'alleged' violence he committed against his victim (which is still to be proven, granted). In this case, my sympathy lies with Milne, Montagna and their family and friends. All good and well the mother putting her two cents worth in too Ch9. Maybe Milne's wife or mother should make a phone call to them? Express their horror and disgust for the blatant garbage that has been published and screened by the media.

Back in 2004, I reserved my judgement on this issue until the facts came to the surface. The same stance I took on Lovett when I first heard the news about him after Christmas. Being a St Kilda supporter, my first instinct is loyalty so until evidence comes forward to substantiate the claims, they have my support. As a human being, if evidence comes to light that support the claims, I want them banished and punished. If I thought for one minute that Milne or Montagna were guilty, I would wish them to be banished from our club and have the full force of the law thrown at them.

Maybe this coming out now is a good thing for them in some ways. It never seemed to be resolved in 2004 even though the charges were dropped. Maybe now Milne and Montagna will be able to close this chapter once the hysteria has died down and the issue is dealt with.

A note to any young girls reading this, if you are going to jump into bed naked with men in the dark, you had better leave the light on next time so you can see which one you are sleeping with. No point claiming rape after the fact. It is best you don't point yourself in this situation in the first place.
With all due respect dude, I don't think your text really helps; especially the last bit..
Why 'dude'? Just because someone 'claims' something, doesn't mean it is true. Plenty of people are trying to hang Milne, why can I not show support for him? Is it politically incorrect for me to do so? Should I take her at her word and hang him like everyone else is? I don't see anyone taking Milne at his word!!

Unfortunately, young girls in society continue to put themselves into VERY precarious situations. Do not misinterpret this statement. No means NO. From my understanding of this situation (despite her claims), the evidence supports the fact that there was no case. Seems to be more of a case of 'confusion' (for want of a better word) that happened that night, not rape.

Whilst I am glad that her identity is being protected, I wish Milne and Montagna had been afforded the same luxury. She does not deserve to be put on trial via the public and media the way they are currently are. The police involved in this should have gone directly to the relevant authority with this instead of going for the money grab. All they wanted was money. Interesting why that they are both no longer involved in the police force. I wonder why? Might be a story there. Wonder how they would like their face plastered all over the paper........
+1...and then some!

“Obviously they raped herâ€

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

It would appaer that the general population is incapable of understanding what the real issues are here, or they're being led to certain conclusions by the way the story is being presented.

The vast majority I've heard/read seem to be focussing on the sexual allegations rather than the corruption issue.
Maybe if Ch9 and the Hun focussed their reporting on that issue, rather than attempting to link St Kilda, Milne and Montagna, however tenuously to the story, there might be more of a general understanding of this being a 'police corruption' matter?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

It would appaer that the general population is incapable of understanding what the real issues are here, or they're being led to certain conclusions by the way the story is being presented.

The vast majority I've heard/read seem to be focussing on the sexual allegations rather than the corruption issue.
Maybe if Ch9 and the Hun focussed their reporting on that issue, rather than attempting to link St Kilda, Milne and Montagna, however tenuously to the story, there might be more of a general understanding of this being a 'police corruption' matter?
What has that though got to do with what we are saying on here? And apart from stupid headlines most things mentioned are about the police corruption aspect of the M and M case.

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

What has that though got to do with what we are saying on here? And apart from stupid headlines most things mentioned are about the police corruption aspect of the M and M case.
Read this....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5882489983

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Read this....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5882489983
As I said most but certainly not all by the looks of that piece. Anyway my points stands that we are saying it is about police corruption and then bringing up rumours on Milne and joey.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: As I said most but certainly not all by the looks of that piece. Anyway my points stands that we are saying it is about police corruption and then bringing up rumours on Milne and joey.
I think we on here may be the only ones focussing on police corruption. I don't see any huge photo's of policemen on the front page of the Sun this morning.