Has anyone...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter#4
Club Player

Has anyone...

watched last years gf yet??

whilst i have yet to watch the game fully i have watched all of our goals and... the last 10 minutes of the last :(

and whilst i have that sickening feeling back in my gut, i feel as if a weight has beem taken off my shoulders

Kate
Club Player

There's no way I'm taking the cork out of that bottle.

Vintage 97 is still too fresh, let alone 09.

Badlands
Club Player

still saved on my HDD Recorder but haven't gone near the playback button on that one. Prob not til we win one (in my lifetime that is).

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

To three qr time, yes. Like the team, I couldn't go on with it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
missgez
Club Player

Jeez I can't even THINK about it without it taking my breath away...let alone watch it!

saint1974
Club Player

Yep,took a different view to last year then that of 1997 which I still have not watched after following this club for 36 years last year has been the best year for following the Saints.
It was a great game even though the result was so disappointing I reminisced on what a great year it was and what could have been.
Its what makes me coming back year after year for the holy grail .

Sainterman
Club Player

Just the highlights hurt in the pre-game promos. May watch when we finally win one. More likely I will just watch the winning one on repeat and enjoy this place, which surely would be united as one if that ever happens!

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

To this day, I still change the channel if anything to do with it comes on. Whenever those ads/previews of them holding the cup come on I look away. It pains me too much and I don't ever want to feel how I felt in those last 5 minutes, head in hands not baring to watch.

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Yes i have, it hurts everytime but i do it.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

never ever will

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
OdieCalodie
Club Player

Being there was enough. Cannot go there again.

I change the channel or click off the internet page when I see them holding the cup as well.

However, I am completely convinced we are going to be there again this year and believe we are going to win it.

Saint4Eva
Club Player

i have watched the highlights on youtube but close the page after Bakes does that amazing dive and saves a goal.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Well if you can't accept the fact that we lost the Grand Final last September, what hope do we have of moving on and winning this year. You're all a bunch of sooks who should grow up and get a life.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Well if you can't accept the fact that we lost the Grand Final last September, what hope do we have of moving on and winning this year. You're all a bunch of sooks who should grow up and get a life.
Doesnt mean you need to watch the game though.

Saint4Eva
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Well if you can't accept the fact that we lost the Grand Final last September, what hope do we have of moving on and winning this year. You're all a bunch of sooks who should grow up and get a life.
I accept we lost the grand final but that doesnt mean it doesnt hurt to watch it.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
No it doesn't, but if you haven't why make a song and dance about it?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
No it doesn't, but if you haven't why make a song and dance about it?
I actually didnt.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Saints wrote:To this day, I still change the channel if anything to do with it comes on. Whenever those ads/previews of them holding the cup come on I look away. It pains me too much and I don't ever want to feel how I felt in those last 5 minutes, head in hands not baring to watch.
Couldn't agree more :cry:

rexy
SS Life Member

What does us moving on have to do with the side winning?

We dont play!

Can imagine the story in the Hun, "Reiwoldt says if four fat bastards and a single mother of 3 off an internet forum had of moved on, we probably would have won it!"

As you can tell, I have not watched it and have no intention of watching it either, nor have I watched 97! Theres enough crap stuff in this world, why rewatch a game of footy that didnt go your way, things like footy, music and movies etc are for enjoyment IMO.

Maybe this year?
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:

We dont play!

Can imagine the story in the Hun, "Reiwoldt says if four fat bastards and a single mother of 3 off an internet forum had of moved on, we probably would have won it!"

I don't really care whether you've watched it at all. All I'm saying is if you haven't watched it, why do people post crap like this? Are they just trying to feel superior? I think so.

As you can tell, I have not watched it and have no intention of watching it either, nor have I watched 97! Theres enough crap stuff in this world, why rewatch a game of footy that didnt go your way, things like footy, music and movies etc are for enjoyment IMO.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:

We dont play!

Did Rooy actually say that?

rexy
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
rexy wrote:

We dont play!

I don't really care whether you've watched it at all. All I'm saying is if you haven't watched it, why do people post crap like this? Are they just trying to feel superior? I think so.

So, why not say, I think it is imprtant to watch it as it helps you to move on, I cant see why you would not be able to watch it if you can post about it on the internet?

Instead of calling people sooks and telling them to get a life?

Not sure how the OP was superior, dont know if you have something on going with this poster? But it seemed like A) a reasonable question and B) an over reaction of an answer, to verbal someone because they say they cant re watch a game of footy?

If I met you at a party or work or whatever, we got talking and discovered that we were both saints supporters, then I said to you I had never watched either the 97 or 09 GF again, would you look me in the eye and say,"your a sook mate, get a life, your acting superior?"

I doubt it

Maybe this year?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

what gf???

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I watched it on the net but had to stop watching half way through the second quarter after I realised that we should have been 30 points up. That would have been enough of a buffer on the day and while Geelong would have come at us in the second half we would have won by two goals but it wasn't meant to be......maybe in 2010 hey?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainterman
Club Player

Seems with a post like this you are the sook, and gee you have been sooking most of this year if you read back over your offerings on here. Your posts have been on the downhill for some time and this sort of post is just another example.

Plenty of people don't want to re-watch a losing GF that the team they LOVE played in, not really that hard to fathom is it??

And what difference it would make us moving on and winning this year I have no idea. Just utter BS and confrontational and one of the reasons this place so often descends into anarchy on just about every thread.

All the OP was asking was whether people on here were able to stomach watching it and if it made them feel better for having done so. Quite reasonable.