Crisis breeds Opportunity

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Crisis breeds Opportunity

"And Riewoldt's injury meant, at the time, many thought the Saints were gone. But they have proven themselves to be a team of substance, notwithstanding the Lovett affair, and the schoolgirl, and now this latest police corruption allegation. If they win the flag this year, it will be a flag for the ages."

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

When 8-)

markp
Saintsational Legend

It'd somehow be more 'Saints-like' to win it after the sort of run we've had this season, than after the dream run we had last season....

And it'll mean we are the winners of the 2 most famous flags in history!

As we deal with each of these setbacks, it just adds to the feeling that this time, our destiny cannot and will not be denied.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Crisis breeds Opportunity

rodgerfox wrote:"And Riewoldt's injury meant, at the time, many thought the Saints were gone. But they have proven themselves to be a team of substance, notwithstanding the Lovett affair, and the schoolgirl, and now this latest police corruption allegation. If they win the flag this year, it will be a flag for the ages."
Fortunately Ross maintained the faith.

Despite all the crap hurled at the saints this year Ross is holding the playing group together beautifully.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 24 Jun 2010 7:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:"And Riewoldt's injury meant, at the time, many thought the Saints were gone. But they have proven themselves to be a team of substance, notwithstanding the Lovett affair, and the schoolgirl, and now this latest police corruption allegation. If they win the flag this year, it will be a flag for the ages."

despite all the crap hurled at the saints this year Roos is holding the playing group together beautifully.

Long way to go, but so far it's been remarkable.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

As a famous man once said:

You can either take the victim approach and accept the excuses, or you can take responsibility and accept that the gap needs to be filled with leadership.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
bob__71
Club Player

Crisitunity

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

markp wrote:It'd somehow be more 'Saints-like' to win it after the sort of run we've had this season, than after the dream run we had last season....

And it'll mean we are the winners of the 2 most famous flags in history!

As we deal with each of these setbacks, it just adds to the feeling that this time, our destiny cannot and will not be denied.
+1
it does seem more saints like to toil through the mud rather than glide across the top.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Roger

I LOVE IT

COOOOOMMMMEEEE ONNNNN YOU MIGHTY SAINTERS

Strength through loyalty

#1 Ryder fan
Finna
Club Player

Great Post Rodger.

This is looking like a very interesting year. It would be fitting for our first flag in 45 years to come in this way.

I can honestly say I am more confident than last year.

Last year I was excited but it all seemed a bit too good to be true.

This year we are toughing it out. It feels more real....

Question for you Rodge.

Where do you sit with this team now?

Where do you think we are at compared to round 3?

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
missgez
Club Player

Maybe it is only through such adversity that we will define the true meaning of SAINTS FOOTY!

So pumped for tomorrow night can't wait :)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

despite all the crap hurled at the saints this year Roos is holding the playing group together beautifully.

:shock:

Great qoute.... From where?

& great post!

ThePunter
Club Player

If you can believe it, is was from Mark Robinson in his "At the Bar" column in Wednesday's Hun.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The little tip rat should go well. He is a proud guy and the last time it all came to a head it seemed to galvanize the team.

Hope we rip Geelong apart just to make a statement to the world that we are not going to be victimized by the media.

markp
Saintsational Legend

But hopefully from now on crisis will wear a condom.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:If you can believe it, is was from Mark Robinson in his "At the Bar" column in Wednesday's Hun.
Sort of takes the polish off it somewhat, doesn't it?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Completely agree, exceptional, a good performance Firday night sets the season right up

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I take it you're a Simpsons fan Roger?

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Terrific post that really gets the blood pumping

Leo.J
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

You guys should get a room.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:I take it you're a Simpsons fan Roger?

Arnt we all? 8-)

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
ThePunter wrote:If you can believe it, is was from Mark Robinson in his "At the Bar" column in Wednesday's Hun.
Sort of takes the polish off it somewhat, doesn't it?
everything i've read from robbo in the last couple of months on st kilda's on-field prospects has been positive. not sure where you guys see his hatred of us.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

To be honest I got the feeling Ross came across a bit flat during his press conference yesterday. I also feel that everyone has their breaking point including our Saints. I'm just hoping we are very competitive tomorrow night and that we don't get smacked....There you go...I said it so it does not come true...It won't now...ha ha....If we win we will be the super saints...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I'm suddenly feeling very calm about this season. The pressure is completely off us...I mean we've had so many "scandals" and Ross the Boss has brushed it off.
With the split round and the World Cup it's been good having a couple of weeks off from the AFL season. Obviously I'd like to win tomorrow night's game, but it doesn't matter. I get the feeling the Cats could crack before the end of the season. They HAVE to keep winning...everyone knows Ablett's going to the Gold Coast.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:To be honest I got the feeling Ross came across a bit flat during his press conference yesterday. I also feel that everyone has their breaking point including our Saints. I'm just hoping we are very competitive tomorrow night and that we don't get smacked....There you go...I said it so it does not come true...It won't now...ha ha....If we win we will be the super saints...
AS opposed to his usual upbeat charismatic Terry Wallace type performances in front of the media? :lol:

He's probably just about had a gutful of the BS being flung every day by the news and TV media. Probably sick to death of the media to be honest - I would be if I was him. Ch9 should be grateful he didn't ask them to leave - I know it would only make matters worse, but fair dinkum, enoughs enough I reckon.