Channel 9 News...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

This thread is like a car crash.
You know it is terrible but you just cant look away.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintly
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:This thread is like a car crash.
yeah, i would agree with that.

on 3aw tonight on the news they stated the brighton police were raided by the OPI and files being taken away.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Gracie
Club Player

So what is the relationship between Channel 9 and the Hun? And why are they hand and glove on this?

Gracie

Just beat it. No wants to be defeated
Gracie
Club Player

Found this online

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na ... 5873221412

from May 31 2010. This is sounding more and more like an internal vicpol fight intensified by an election year and spiced with footy and the story of a true blue guy defending a young girl's honour...phooey.

Gracie

Just beat it. No wants to be defeated
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
bigred wrote:This thread is like a car crash.
yeah, i would agree with that.

on 3aw tonight on the news they stated the brighton police were raided by the OPI and files being taken away.
Brighton Police Station has been closed for a month. If you raid it there's nothing there.

The whole shebang was moved to a new whizbang police complex in Abbott Street Sandringham. The place in Carpenter Street Brighton on the news is a vacant property. By the way the Brighton CIU Has been in a house in Asling Street for yonks.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

No cover up on Milne: insider
PAUL MILLAR, MARK HAWTHORNE AND STEVE BUTCHER
June 24, 2010

A SEXUAL assault counsellor, who was called to an early morning meeting by St Kilda chiefs in 2004, says there was no cover up by the football club following an allegation of rape against Stephen Milne.

Loreen Visser, who had worked as a victim counsellor for the Western Region Centre Against Sexual Assault, told The Age she had been called to a 4am meeting of club chiefs following the allegations of a sexual assault.

Milne denies the allegation that he raped the woman at the home of teammate Leigh Montagna.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Stephen Milne at training yesterday.

Stephen Milne at training yesterday. Photo: Pat Scala

''I was in the thick of it that morning. I heard what those two players had to say for themselves. I heard them interviewed by lawyers and by senior club officials. I also saw the text messages on their phones. It is my belief that consensual sex took place, but no sexual assault happened,'' said Ms Visser. Authorities are considering re-opening the case following claims by police of interference and the leaking of victim statements.

Also at that early morning meeting called by St Kilda were former president Rod Butterss, then chief executive Brian Waldron, then coach Grant Thomas, club lawyer Ross Levin, media adviser Peter Maher and QC David Grace.

At the time, Ms Visser was employed by the club as a psychological performance coach.

She told The Age: ''I am a woman, and I am a feminist woman, and if I thought that any sexual assault had taken place, or that any cover up had occurred, I would speak out.

She said of Milne and Montagna: ''Those boys have been through enough. There was simply not enough evidence against them.''

Butterss said yesterday: ''I can categorically say that myself and no member of the St Kilda board saw any witness statements or any police documents. I can can say with confidence that the chief executive Brian Waldron wasn't privy to any such statements or documents.''

Corruption whistleblower Simon Illingworth said there was a feeling of mistrust among officers investigating the case.

He said his wife Sarah, who was working on the case in the Victims' Advisory Unit, was told not to share information with colleagues by former detective senior constable Scott Gladman. Mr Gladman claims that police had pressured him not to pursue the case against Milne and to ''make it go away''.

''She told me the police officer involved (Mr Gladman) would not converse with her in the office. He always wanted to talk to her in the street or in the carpark,'' Mr Illingworth said.

''It was clear that he did not trust the system.''

He also told her not to have any conversations about the case with any other detectives.

Milne and Montagna were interviewed by police but never charged on advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Lawyer George Defteros, who acted for Milne at the time, yesterday told The Age the footballer had then co-operated fully with police.

But outspoken defender of women's rights, Phil Cleary, said the alleged victim had taken a brave step in going to the police.

He said said statistics and a deep prejudice in society against women culture had stacked the odds against her.

Mr Cleary spoke to the alleged victim and her mother about the claims after writing an article on ''footy's subculture of misogyny''.

''This case seems to give evidence to the veracity of this claim,'' he said. Victoria Police statistics show that, of the 1,543 alleged rapes recorded in 2008-09, 27 per cent of those complaints were withdrawn.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Gracie wrote:Found this online

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na ... 5873221412

from May 31 2010. This is sounding more and more like an internal vicpol fight intensified by an election year and spiced with footy and the story of a true blue guy defending a young girl's honour...phooey.
Defending a young girl's honour? Please excuse me whilst I roll on the floor laughing. Sick to freakin' death of hearing about the poor 'victim' who still remains unnamed and faceless to the vast majority of the public.

What about poor Milne and his family? What about Joey and his family? We have to worry about the effect on the poor unnamed victim whilst we are certainly not worried about the effect on the named parties as their faces and names are plastered all over the papers with insinuations that they are actually guilty and corruption was what got them off the hook.

This case has already been thrown out due to insufficient evidence to corroborate her 'story'. The officers themselves admitted they presented the best possible case to the prosecutor and the prosecutor felt the case had no merit.

This story will blow over in a weeks time. Not sure about Milne's reputation though....

If the media want to dig up conspiracy theories, ho about they dredge up the night 6-7 years ago when Burgoyne, O'Loughlin and Heuskes violently attacked a woman in parkland in Adelaide. The case 'disappeared' 8-10 weeks later. Quite surprising really, especially considering the fact that Heuskes had previously been accused of a similar crime 1-2 years earlier.........

Fortius Quo Fidelius
stinger
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/stephe ... 5883425586

"CORRUPTION investigators raided a bayside police station during a probe into claims senior officers tried to derail the rape investigation into Saints star Stephen Milne.

Victoria Police Ethical Standards Department officers involved in the swoop on Brighton CIU allegedly discovered that vital evidence relating to the case was missing.

Former detectives Scott Gladman and Mike Smith this week sparked the new probe after claiming other police tried to influence their investigation into a woman's allegation she was raped by Milne at St Kilda teammate Leigh Montagna's home in 2004.

Items allegedly missing from the Milne-Montagna file include:

THE master tape from records of interviews done during the original rape probe.'

......doesn't take einstein to work out that the cops should be questioning gladman....after all he seems to have copies of the girls record of interview..........how come seeing he is no longer a copper......""'

ask yourselves that opi......
:roll: :roll: :roll: ...copper f-wits....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
Gracie wrote: If the media want to dig up conspiracy theories, ho about they dredge up the night 6-7 years ago when Burgoyne, O'Loughlin and Heuskes violently attacked a woman in parkland in Adelaide. The case 'disappeared' 8-10 weeks later. Quite surprising really, especially considering the fact that Heuskes had previously been accused of a similar crime 1-2 years earlier.........
I agree. I recall reading about this story at the time and it was ten times as horrific as the allegations being made about M&M. When O'Loughlin retires he's lauded as a champion on and off the field - The reputation of Heuskas is more than a little tainted and if I recall he left the country for awhile afterwards. For some reason it's like the footy world want to believe that Milne is guilty of this offence, while conveniently forgetting about the horrific allegations that were levelled at these other 3 footballers. The victim probably withdrew her complaint but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/stephe ... 5883425586

"CORRUPTION investigators raided a bayside police station during a probe into claims senior officers tried to derail the rape investigation into Saints star Stephen Milne.

Victoria Police Ethical Standards Department officers involved in the swoop on Brighton CIU allegedly discovered that vital evidence relating to the case was missing.

Former detectives Scott Gladman and Mike Smith this week sparked the new probe after claiming other police tried to influence their investigation into a woman's allegation she was raped by Milne at St Kilda teammate Leigh Montagna's home in 2004.

THE master tape from records of interviews done during the original rape probe.'

......doesn't take einstein to work out that the cops should be questioning gladman....after all he seems to have copies of the girls record of interview..........how come seeing he is no longer a copper......""'

I'm sure they already know that stinker....... Are you saying you don't know?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

How did the Hun get so much detail about the case including witness statements? Did Gladman give this to the papers and if so, is that against the law?

Also, Damien Barrett said on the footy show tonight that the case had taken a big turn from an investigation about the Vic Police to an investigation about Steven Milne with a possible charge.

THey then went on to show footage of an interview with well known barrister Farris. He basically said that the case could be re opened if there was new evidence or evidence that was overlooked during the investigation.

Well excuse me but this is not a new development or news. Again, the are insinuating that Milne could be in trouble.... What an absolute joke...You really have to feel sorry for Steven Milne.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: THey then went on to show footage of an interview with well known barrister Farris. He basically said that the case could be re opened if there was new evidence or evidence that was overlooked during the investigation.

Well excuse me but this is not a new development or news. Again, the are insinuating that Milne could be in trouble.... What an absolute joke...You really have to feel sorry for Steven Milne.
But Farris was very very specific about it being the LONG shot- would like to see the unedited version with the line of questioning included...... lots of cutting there.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Solar
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:How did the Hun get so much detail about the case including witness statements? Did Gladman give this to the papers and if so, is that against the law?

Also, Damien Barrett said on the footy show tonight that the case had taken a big turn from an investigation about the Vic Police to an investigation about Steven Milne with a possible charge.

THey then went on to show footage of an interview with well known barrister Farris. He basically said that the case could be re opened if there was new evidence or evidence that was overlooked during the investigation.

You have got to be serious!!??!! Sue the bloody bastards.... I hope no-one from the club goes on that channel and this is brought up by the club to the AFL re:future broadcasting rights

DISGUSTING!!!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
SaintPav wrote: THey then went on to show footage of an interview with well known barrister Farris. He basically said that the case could be re opened if there was new evidence or evidence that was overlooked during the investigation.

But Farris was very very specific about it being the LONG shot- would like to see the unedited version with the line of questioning included...... lots of cutting there.
Yes, true but they really did exagerate the angle of the possibility of Milne being charged.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Seriously.

I wrote out a whole heap of stuff on here and just deleted it all.

It is just pointless.

If I was in this situation I would be getting some legals onto all this media......

Seems that the only person getting raped here now might be Steven Milne.

Seriously, if they have a case to answer then they should be charged. Simple as that.

If the club stood them down or suspended them because of it, then so be it. They are football players. In no way, shape or form are they above the law.

But for Milne to be treated like this by the media, particularly channel 9 and the Herald Sun, I find it absolutely terrible. Seems to me that these two outlets in particular are desperately trying to keep the situation inflamed due to the whole thing becoming more of a police issue than a Football issue. What would sell more papers?

It all leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I really feel sorry for Milne and his family. Especially his kids. They are gonna carry this around like luggage, regardless of any outcome.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint1974
Club Player

bigred wrote:Seriously.

I wrote out a whole heap of stuff on here and just deleted it all.

It is just pointless.

If I was in this situation I would be getting some legals onto all this media......

Seems that the only person getting raped here now might be Steven Milne.

Seriously, if they have a case to answer then they should be charged. Simple as that.

If the club stood them down or suspended them because of it, then so be it. They are football players. In no way, shape or form are they above the law.

But for Milne to be treated like this by the media, particularly channel 9 and the Herald Sun, I find it absolutely terrible. Seems to me that these two outlets in particular are desperately trying to keep the situation inflamed due to the whole thing becoming more of a police issue than a Football issue. What would sell more papers?

It all leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I really feel sorry for Milne and his family. Especially his kids. They are gonna carry this around like luggage, regardless of any outcome.
Exactly my sentiments Big red ,this police internal politics and I agree noone is above the law.
But for the Milne family this is just horrendus and a nightmare lets all get behind and support Stephen tonight.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The more of this I read the more suspicious I am becoming that a smaller media company has paid "SOMEONE" for the "rights" to this story and is on-selling information to BOTH Ch 9 & The Herald-Sun !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saint1974
Club Player

Eastern wrote:The more of this I read the more suspicious I am becoming that a smaller media company has paid "SOMEONE" for the "rights" to this story and is on-selling information to BOTH Ch 9 & The Herald-Sun !!
Exactly Eastern I actually rang Channel9 and asked if this interview was paid for?
Noone could answer my question,this is the one question I want answered.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/stephe ... 5883425586

I'm sure they already know that stinker....... Are you saying you don't know?

oh ...that's original.....you cut me to the quick..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:

bit like the old american witch hunts.......anybody believes we have evolved further since those days has obviously never met a journo from the gutter press.......

St Michele
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:it can't even be found on H_S online :shock:

but did find this
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/sex ... 5883400864

with the most pertinant words being
So footballers and others in their league need to lift their game and stop treating women poorly. Even if the woman is hanging off them and inviting them to take them home, shag them then dump them in the morning, there is no excuse for sexual assault or rape.

But women need to get smarter as well. Our Aussie WAGs are respected because they are classy and have self-respect. And the so-called "scrags" need to learn that no one is going to respect you if you don't respect yourself.
I have sent them this comment:

I find it interesting as a woman you seem to think it ok to call women 'scrags' because they do no behave in a way you see socially acceptable, you would think in today's age we would have moved on from judging young women for their sexual behaviour and idolising others because they have managed to 'catch a sporting star' hence have our respect. Women should be judged by their own acheivment not that of their boyfriend or husband.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The more of this I read the more suspicious I am becoming that a smaller media company has paid "SOMEONE" for the "rights" to this story and is on-selling information to BOTH Ch 9 & The Herald-Sun !!
A smaller media company who have important football interests perhaps?

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

saint1974 wrote:
Exactly Eastern I actually rang Channel9 and asked if this interview was paid for?
Noone could answer my question,this is the one question I want answered.
Hutchy maybe?

Tiger Woods mistress number whatever is one of his clients and maybe his picked up the story and flogged it to Channel 9 so they can say their fingerprints eg motives are not all over this story,

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

St Michele wrote:
saintbrat wrote:it can't even be found on H_S online :shock:

but did find this
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/sex ... 5883400864

with the most pertinant words being
So footballers and others in their league need to lift their game and stop treating women poorly. Even if the woman is hanging off them and inviting them to take them home, shag them then dump them in the morning, there is no excuse for sexual assault or rape.

But women need to get smarter as well. Our Aussie WAGs are respected because they are classy and have self-respect. And the so-called "scrags" need to learn that no one is going to respect you if you don't respect yourself.
I have sent them this comment:

I find it interesting as a woman you seem to think it ok to call women 'scrags' because they do no behave in a way you see socially acceptable, you would think in today's age we would have moved on from judging young women for their sexual behaviour and idolising others because they have managed to 'catch a sporting star' hence have our respect. Women should be judged by their own acheivment not that of their boyfriend or husband.
I felt that the same that the aricle in the Hun by Susie O'Brien seems to portray it's ok if you as a WAG can collect yourself a high profile footballer to kickstart your "career" eg Tania Buckley flogging high priced shoes, but then points to other young women who may have displayed risky behaviour in having a relation however brief and points the finger at these girls as lacking in self respect. Both groups seem to have issues in needing to hang off the arm of a footballer in order to be noticed.

"Judd & Twigs Inc" are so financially intertwined thesedays that even if he wanted to get rid of her (and who hasn't seen the looks of boredom on his face) they can't .