Geelong has-beens sooking. (Warning..graphic pic of Bakes)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Geelong has-beens sooking. (Warning..graphic pic of Bakes)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5884727015

Sorry if it has already been posted.

Harden the **** up Paul Couch. Seriously harden up.

And Garry Hocking adding some comment....biggest sniper ever to play the game.

Your team cops some pressure for the first time this year and you sook like little schoolgirls.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geelong has-beens sooking. (Warning..graphic pic of Bake

GEELONG greats have rushed to defend Cats star Steve Johnson over his elbowing of St Kilda's Steven Baker in a spiteful encounter at the MCG on Friday night.

As Johnson faces a possible four-week suspension over the incident, in retaliation for Baker's attacks on his right hand, broken earlier in the game, debate has been sparked on whether provocation should be a defence to striking in football.

A war of words has broke out between the clubs, with Cats great and Brownlow medallist Paul Couch saying Baker "deserved a smack in the mouth".

Should Steve Johnson be penalised for retaliating against Steven Baker's provocation? Have your say below

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Couple this with Lings comments regarding the umpiring....excuses, they are looking long and hard for them. 8-)

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Don't like to have their pants pulled down, do they?

Didn't Riewoldt (Jack that is) do something similar a couple of weeks ago in regards to targeting an injury to a player that was on him..?? Can't remember who it was but I do remember he didn't get so much as a second glance from the match review panel.

Geelong need to harden up methinks! Nice attempt at deflection. Too bad we all know you were SMASHED fairly and squarely by the mighty Saints outfit!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Couple this with Lings comments regarding the umpiring....excuses, they are looking long and hard for them. 8-)
Yep, how the mighty have fallen. Ablett's indecision is tearing their club apart.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Remember the gutless, GUTLESS hit that Hocking put on Banger off the ball back in '98 at Kardinia....

Pffft.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Winmar
Club Player

Bakes probably did deserve a smack in the mouth! If I was Steve Johnson I sure would have wanted to. It's still amusing though. :)

G Hocking having any input into this is laughable. He's a dog.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I could barely believe the articles and the quotes attributed to it. My only conclusion is that they're worried about Johnson getting big weeks and they're trying to get on the front foot early. Thompsons quote about the saints wanting to hurt them and get revenge is nothing short of ridiculous. Bakes would have done that to any opponent with a broken hand who decided to stay out on the park. If you make a conscious decision to play on with an obvious injury then you will get targetted at this level.

I suspect taht Couch has some sour grapes re Goose not getting much of a go last year - Aren't Maguire and Couch related in some way?

I'll say it again. Yes Bakes was an annoying little prick Friday night. Bad luck. That's footy. The umpy's could have done something about it, but they chose to do nothing. Stevie J took the law into his own hands and now has to suffer the consequences. I'm not sure that Johnson's hit was much worse (when taken in isolation) than Barry hall's 2 yrs ago. You just can't do it.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Winmar wrote:Bakes probably did deserve a smack in the mouth! If I was Steve Johnson I sure would have wanted to. It's still amusing though. :)

No sympathy for Baker, can't blame Johnson for eventually losing his cool. He's only human.

I hope they both get off, but that seems unlikely. The debate of 'player protection' will be at boiling point come Monday night, as the AFL vowed to penalise this kind of 'niggling' contact.

Given Baker's abysmal record at the review panel, I think he'll get a few weeks, as will Johnson. Though, if Baker get's a few and Johnson nothing...stranger things have happened.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Saint Mik
Club Player

They are all starting to b!tch and moan about us and I love it.

You know what, I dont care how we get wins from here on end.

I hope they all farking hate us like nothing else by the end of the year.

4 words for all of you other flogs of teams out there

"GOT YOU ALL COVERED"

"Go Saints" I dont care how, I dont care what they say, I dont care what they put in the papers just get it done.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Agree, Big Red, how ironic to have Hocking winging, when he was indeed one of the great snipers of his era.

Bunch of sooks

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Wonderful thing that a Brownlow medalist and great of the game would advocate players giving opposition players "a smack in the mouth"

It a wonderful message to all the kids out there playing junior football if your opponant is getting under your skin just elbow him in the face, no worries at all its Paul Couch approved.

Seriously Couch go and have a good long hard look at yourself you bloody idiot.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Geelong have a fair history of snipers, can't believe they'd sook but then again you only need look at the squealing done out on the ground by their elder stattesman, Milburn...the Cats like to throw their toys from the cot when under pressure.

Gary Ablett snr, the greatest sniper of all...ask Burke, Grant, Frawley, Bardsley
Garry Hocking
Neville Bruns, the way he tried to break Leigh Mathews forearm behind play is still a disgrace today!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Luckily for us the MRP don't view Stevie J as Chris Judd, so might look at the incident.

The MRP are CORRUPT though, so they can be influenced as to not look at incidents with both eyes open.

Depends on what Dimwit's mood is I guess.....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

How many weeks did McPhee get for pansting Judd?

Just out of interest...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I'm not normally one for conspiracies but....

The AFL hierarchy hate Baker beyond all reason. They see him as a blight on the game and would like him out of it.

So I'm a bit worried about the fallout from this incident. The media seem to be lining up behind Stevie J. I expect Baker to go for many weeks and Stevie maybe to get one or two.

If this occurs, perhaps our club will have the guts to go to court this time and blow the whole ludicrous system wide open. Somehow I doubt it.

Unfortunately, as we saw with Chris Judd recently, in AFL all players are equal but some are "more equal tha others" (with apologies to George Orwell).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
markp
Saintsational Legend

That photo is still less disturbing than any I've seen of Gary Hocking.

ACTSAINTER
Club Player

Lets face it, Geelong dont like being beaten, they dont like it when their players are towelled up, no team does.

But.........they are bad bad losers, there is no "the better team won on the night" going on, its all about the bad umpiring, injured players and Steven Baker.

Not only did St Kilda beat them, they actually got under their skin, took their focus off playing football and onto how hard done by they have been.

A win win situation IMO

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."
spert
Saintsational Legend

Really, Geelong supporters have now gone to the top of the whinging ladder. One of their band of incredibly stupid supporters who rang 3AW footy show yesterday, suggested that the Cats deliberatley threw the game, and he came to that conclusion having been a supporter of 50 years. Obviously they deliberately lost a couple of Grand Finals in the '80s and also threw the game they lost earlier this season. I have a new respect for Collingwood supporters now. :-D

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Tha campaign has begun.
Get Stevie J off
Deflect the result from Friday night.

Saw the Liar's daughter on Ch9 this mornng sticking it to Bakes.
That's all she could talk about the game from Friday night.

I'm just wondering how long before a report is made mentioning that Milne iis a good mate of Bakes?

ACTSAINTER
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:Tha campaign has begun.
Get Stevie J off
Deflect the result from Friday night.

Saw the Liar's daughter on Ch9 this mornng sticking it to Bakes.
That's all she could talk about the game from Friday night.

I'm just wondering how long before a report is made mentioning that Milne iis a good mate of Bakes?
Confidential sources have reported that Bakes and Milne are often seen in each others company in an undisclosed location in Moorabbin!!

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."
SaintWal
Club Player

Can anyone remember who took to hitting G trains hand when it was injured in 04 or 05? Thought it may have been Scarlett but it was a while ago?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

ACTSAINTER wrote:Lets face it, Geelong dont like being beaten, they dont like it when their players are towelled up, no team does.

But.........they are bad bad losers, there is no "the better team won on the night" going on, its all about the bad umpiring, injured players and Steven Baker.

Not only did St Kilda beat them, they actually got under their skin, took their focus off playing football and onto how hard done by they have been.

A win win situation IMO
Yep.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
santazzi
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:
Winmar wrote:Bakes probably did deserve a smack in the mouth! If I was Steve Johnson I sure would have wanted to. It's still amusing though. :)

No sympathy for Baker, can't blame Johnson for eventually losing his cool. He's only human.

I hope they both get off, but that seems unlikely. The debate of 'player protection' will be at boiling point come Monday night, as the AFL vowed to penalise this kind of 'niggling' contact.

Given Baker's abysmal record at the review panel, I think he'll get a few weeks, as will Johnson. Though, if Baker get's a few and Johnson nothing...stranger things have happened.
For what reason will Baker get a few weeks? ...for a love tap here and a jumper punch there?...Baker was receiving from the master squib as much love tap and jumper punch as he gave...that sort of thing going on all over the park....as to hitting an injured hand.....whinging bomber has a duty of care to keep injured players of the park.........baker is not a Doctor............we or the tribunal should not expect him to take care of the injured.........(particularly when they are capable of kicking a goal)...............i love the little bugger.........will go to the front with him on my side any time..............

ace
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
SainterK wrote:Couple this with Lings comments regarding the umpiring....excuses, they are looking long and hard for them. 8-)
Yep, how the mighty have fallen. Ablett's indecision is tearing their club apart.
Ablett is not undecided, he simply hasn't got the guts to confess he is in love and going to marry her - money that is.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA