The MRP will have a lot to answer for

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I'll say it again for dramatic effect, but I honestly think Baker is gonna get **** over.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The hearald sun reported the incident as Johnson "allegedly" striking Baker and Mooney "allegedly" punching but reported the Saints players incidents as fact. Nice journalism.

older saint
SS Life Member

Chook lotto this week

As there is no precedence taken in to account SJ in trouble ( his name is not Judd and the AFL know Geelong will make finals)

SJ 4 down to 3
SB 1 for strike to head, charged with stomach punch will get off on lack of force

Mooney - Will getoff lack of force.

Fisher - 2 weeks as every week Fraser makes a ridiculous decision and this will be it.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:
saint vince wrote: Fisher is a bit different as Bartel was coming off and in the hands of the trainers. I aven't seen it but I rekon any contact in that situation deserves a week. IMO
If you go back to my original statement and not distort it I said any contact in that situation deserves a week.

I didn't say Fisher deserves a week I said any contact deserves a week. If Fisher made ANY contact then he deserves to go.
Probably better to comment on an incident if you actually saw it, Vince :wink:

saintsareprettygoodhey
Club Player

http://media.theage.com.au/sport/sports ... 50563.html

Around a minute into the video he mentions some sort of introduced rule about hitting an injured player.... Have not heard of this, can anyone shed some light?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Milan Faletic wrote:
saint vince wrote:
saint vince wrote: Fisher is a bit different as Bartel was coming off and in the hands of the trainers. I aven't seen it but I rekon any contact in that situation deserves a week. IMO
If you go back to my original statement and not distort it I said any contact in that situation deserves a week.

I didn't say Fisher deserves a week I said any contact deserves a week. If Fisher made ANY contact then he deserves to go.
Probably better to comment on an incident if you actually saw it, Vince :wink:
Don't believe the descriptions in various press reports Vince (ranging from a push to a punch!), if you didn't take into account Bartel's response (go forth & multiply), the contact was more fitting someone saying "you ok mate?". While this was clearly not the case, the contact was so minimal that if Chips has to face any ramifications it will be farce.

The Geelong mafia in the Melbourne media are up & about this week, don't worry about that.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Thinline wrote:Agree RF, but I think the first bit refers to Fisher's bump on Bartel as he was being helped from the field.
Yeah, although it was so minimal that I'd be surprised and really disappointed if anything was to come from Fisher's.
Depends on the angle, the first view looks almost like he didn't make contact at all, the other angle from side on shows him punching the top of his arm and Bartel having a go at him.

Didn't like it....

saintnick12
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Thinline wrote:Agree RF, but I think the first bit refers to Fisher's bump on Bartel as he was being helped from the field.
Yeah, although it was so minimal that I'd be surprised and really disappointed if anything was to come from Fisher's.
Depends on the angle, the first view looks almost like he didn't make contact at all, the other angle from side on shows him punching the top of his arm and Bartel having a go at him.

Didn't like it....
I love Fisher, but didn't like it either.

Once someone is in the hands of the trainers they should be left alone. Verbal spray I could cope with, but not touching them or even attempting to touch them. I didn't notice it at the game and only noticed it watching the replay after getting home. I was disappointed to see Fisher doing such a thing. Not sure if he actually did make contact but he certainly attempted to. Not a good look. We would certainly expect our players to be left alone if any of them were in the hands of the trainers. There was actually a trainer on each side of him. Clearly not participating in the game....unlike the Riewoldt example in Brisbane years ago where he had waved the trainers away.

Hopefully nothting will come of it. I will be really disappointed if he facing official sanctions for it, but I don't like to see anyone from my club acting that way.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
StSteven
Club Player

Interesting that Bartel would not say what happened or what he said...lip readers could easily interpret his saying "Weak X..."

Very disappointed also. I believe our players should act in the same way we believe others should act towards them.

StSteven
Club Player

saintsareprettygoodhey wrote:http://media.theage.com.au/sport/sports ... 50563.html

Around a minute into the video he mentions some sort of introduced rule about hitting an injured player.... Have not heard of this, can anyone shed some light?
Came in after the Roo kerfuffle.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe what I read on here sometimes.

I don't want the players to be well liked by opposition supporters or players, I want them to be thought of the same way Scarlett is thought of, respectively a good player but a so and so of a bloke on the ground...

I want a premiership nothing else, how do you know what Fish copped earlier from Bartel, who is no angel by the way, I would back Fish's character any day...

JacksonsGirl
Club Player

Im hearing 8-9 for Baker.

Watch this space

bozza1980
Club Player

JacksonsGirl wrote:Im hearing 8-9 for Baker.

Watch this space
I hope you are mistaken, that would seem slightly excessive.

That said nothing the AFL does should suprise.

This is the same organisation that changed the result of the game 3 days after the event even though the laws of the game dictate that they couldn't.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
longtimesaint
Club Player

They have to take it to the tribunal if anything like 8 is given to Baker.
That's more thah Hall got for the Staker hit!

One year will be our year
bozza1980
Club Player

bozza1980 wrote:
JacksonsGirl wrote:Im hearing 8-9 for Baker.

Watch this space
I hope you are mistaken, that would seem slightly excessive.

That said nothing the AFL does should suprise.

This is the same organisation that changed the result of the game 3 days after the event even though the laws of the game dictate that they couldn't.
I guess I should be careful what I wish for.

You were wrong, 9 with an early guilty plea, 14 with an unsuccesful challenge.

This is quite possibly one of the most ludicrous findings I've ever seen.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

The game has lost me!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

You can get less for pinching a car or burging a house, and that's through a more logical form of justice.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

There is a STICKY where you can send a message to Bakes and the club.

Please make use of it and keep it clean.

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=62694