Baker- it's over

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Baker- it's over

I have it from a very reliable source that St Kilda have decided not to take the Baker trial by media any further.

This will be announced at 12.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Did ANYONE expect anything less?

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Correct decision IMO. Time to look forward now.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Did ANYONE expect anything less?
Well, not me. I'm glad the club voiced that they believed the charges were soft and the previous carry-over points unfair.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

deep down I knew we wouldn't do anything, but I really had hoped that we would.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol - Baker abandoned by the yes men of this great administration.

They ust take it time adn time again.

They allow one of their players to be villified by some lawyer and attack and insult his integrity.

They allow him to get f3cked over time and time again.

So typical of the gutless squibs that represent our club.

No balls, cowards and AFL lackeys the lot of them.

Strength through Loyalty - yeah sure, as long as the lemmings who follow this rabble of a club keep handing over their cash :roll:

Steve Baker you have been branded unmanly, and unsporting and your club has cut you off at the knees.

Not even a peep.

Totally disgusted at these cowards. :x

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Pretty freakin ordinary.

Sorry Bakes...We expect you to bleed for us and we leave you behind.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
Thats it in a nutshell.

Why would any Saints player now "bleed for the jumper" when they know that this gutless pathetic admin and their lackeys will abandon you when you have had your character assasinated?

This is not about suspensions. He deserved maybe four for the punches to Johnson, fair enough.

This is about a tap to Johnson hand. Riewoldt does the exact same thing, nothing.

But when Baker does it he is insulted by being called "unmanly" and he was supposed to be a doctor now :evil: :twisted: :twisted: and know that Johnson hand was broken.

Baker has had his integrity and character assasinated and this club does nothing, says noting about it.

When will this bunch of gutless wimps take a stand and defend our players from character assasination?

Gutless turds.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
1eyedNever
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:lol - Baker abandoned by the yes men of this great administration.

They allow one of their players to be villified by some lawyer and attack and insult his integrity.

Strength through Loyalty - yeah sure, as long as the lemmings who follow this rabble of a club keep handing over their cash :roll:

Steve Baker you have been branded unmanly, and unsporting and your club has cut you off at the knees.

Not even a peep.

I am with you Joffa

Been watching this closely and we have not had a word or statement from our Great President
What a spineless wimp he is Eddie would be going nuts on this one

Always new the SKFC were wimps and the AFLs Bitch now its confirmed
Never will i pay a membership again as i am totally digusted
and people bagged Rod Butteress what a laugh
This Pres is the pits

SKFC has now been confirmed as the AFLs BITCH
matrix
Saintsational Legend

of course they wont

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bigred wrote:
Thats it in a nutshell.

Why would any Saints player now "bleed for the jumper" when they know that this gutless pathetic admin and their lackeys will abandon you when you have had your character assasinated?

This is not about suspensions. He deserved maybe four for the punches to Johnson, fair enough.

This is about a tap to Johnson hand. Riewoldt does the exact same thing, nothing.

But when Baker does it he is insulted by being called "unmanly" and he was supposed to be a doctor now :evil: :twisted: :twisted: and know that Johnson hand was broken.

Baker has had his integrity and character assasinated and this club does nothing, says noting about it.

When will this bunch of gutless wimps take a stand and defend our players from character assasination?

Gutless turds.
I explained the Riewoldt/Pears one....it's not the same.

I'd expect the club to make a noise about the way in which that piece of work went about his business, the AFLPA should also step in and say that taking advantage of the situation and calling someone unmanly is crossing the line and very unprofessional.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

We wouldn't have got anywhere if we challenged. Just wasting energy trying. He'll be back for finals.

Nothing can de-rail us this year.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
lurker#134
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:lol - Baker abandoned by the yes men of this great administration.

Not even a peep.

Don't forget to take your pedantic handbag on your way out before jumping into a lake you big pansy.

Grow a pair and harden the f$$$ up.
Last edited by lurker#134 on Wed 30 Jun 2010 1:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Well, not me. I'm glad the club voiced that they believed the charges were soft and the previous carry-over points unfair.
It may well be the correct course of action - I wouldn't know as I'm not privy to all the facts, evidence and opinion that our club and its legal team are.

However If they have indeed taken this approach then I hope there is a detailed response accompanying it and not just a one line statement to the effect we have decided not to take any further action.

The club can still strongly disapprove of the severity of the penalty and in particular, the highly inflammatory comments by Tinhead!

Sorry; Tinhead SC. :evil:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lurker#134 wrote:

Not even a peep.

Don't forget to take your pedantic handbag on your way out before jumping into a lake you big pansy.

Grow a pair and harden the f$$$ up.
lol - is that you Nettlefold?

Seems like this person hasn't got much of an idea of the topic.

Maybe read the thread and get back to us before regalling us with your ignorance :D

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

1eyedNever wrote:

Not even a peep.

I am with you Joffa

Been watching this closely and we have not had a word or statement from our Great President
What a spineless wimp he is Eddie would be going nuts on this one

Always new the SKFC were wimps and the AFLs Bitch now its confirmed
Never will i pay a membership again as i am totally digusted
and people bagged Rod Butteress what a laugh
This Pres is the pits
Yup good post.

Can you imagine.

"Yeah well, the AFL rang right, and say right, you bend over and burn Baker right, otherwise we will make it hard for you right, so we said right, yes Mr Demetriou right, we will bow down and grovell to you right, and we wont ever defend our players integrity against AFL inspired attacks right"

Westaway is a complete joke, but fits in well with the rest of the gutless squibs who wont defend the integrity of a ten year player who has bleed for this club.

Lance or James??

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Bakes is such a great clubman he may have told them not to go on with it. After all just imagine how he is feeling at the moment. He may of said, move on, club is bigger, get into the finals and I will take it from there.

Get on Bakes for the Norm Smith, remember this is voted by ex players not the afl

Dont undersell the club, as if they wouldnt be talking to bakes about it

Saint Mik
Club Player

Munga wrote:We wouldn't have got anywhere if we challenged. Just wasting energy trying. He'll be back for finals.
What would happen if all our players went out in support of Bakes and got stuck into Melb this week just to stick it up the AFL.

I am not suggesting for 1 minute to do this BUT what would happen in this case.

Say a few of our players just said right enough is enough and lets see what they do when 10 of us get stuck into our opposition with soft jumper punches and then get stuck into the hand of this player injured or not if he is out on the ground its fair game.

Once again I am not saying to do this but just wonder what the result would be by the AFL if our players just made a protest to the the injustice on Bakes and took it apon themselves to prove a point in support of him.

Hope we dont go soft on saints footy after this farse of a situation.

AFL has almost lost me its just a joke and getting so soft both on and off the ground.

Make a comment St Kilda on or off the ground DO SOMETHING for farks sake, us members are just so frustrated at the minute at the way the trail by media on this club is out of control

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Westaway is a complete joke, but fits in well with the rest of the gutless squibs who wont defend the integrity of a ten year player who has bleed for this club.
I don't wanna get caught up in this whole "Prez" thing but I will make the following comment.

Yes Westaway has been silent.

And yes Butterss may well have given them heaps, ala Eddie Maguire.

However, if indeed Eddie has any influence over the AFL it is not simply because he rants and raves - it's because he is Eddie Maguire.

A ranting, raving Rod Butterss would have as much pull as a ranting, raving Greg Westaway - zilch!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
???

Heaps of what??

Butterss was so far up Demetriou's arrse it wasn't funny.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Let's learn from this ..

It should be clear ...
Whoever goes for a silly report /behind the play incident is not only costing himself - but he's also costing the team.

If our players are hard at the ball (and not the man) we are being tough and that's what should define "Saints footy".

Just concentrate on the ball... not the silly behind the play stuff.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:
Munga wrote:We wouldn't have got anywhere if we challenged. Just wasting energy trying. He'll be back for finals.
What would happen if all our players went out in support of Bakes and got stuck into Melb this week just to stick it up the AFL.

I am not suggesting for 1 minute to do this BUT what would happen in this case.

Say a few of our players just said right enough is enough and lets see what they do when 10 of us get stuck into our opposition with soft jumper punches and then get stuck into the hand of this player injured or not if he is out on the ground its fair game.

Once again I am not saying to do this but just wonder what the result would be by the AFL if our players just made a protest to the the injustice on Bakes and took it apon themselves to prove a point in support of him.

Hope we dont go soft on saints footy after this farse of a situation.

AFL has almost lost me its just a joke and getting so soft both on and off the ground.

Make a comment St Kilda on or off the ground DO SOMETHING for farks sake, us members are just so frustrated at the minute at the way the trail by media on this club is out of control

lol. on the precedent set this week, every one of them would get 3-4 weeks for it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
???

Heaps of what??

Butterss was so far up Demetriou's arrse it wasn't funny.
Sorry rodg - computer meltdown!

My whole post should have read:

"I don't wanna get caught up in this whole "Prez" thing but I will make the following comment.

Yes Westaway has been silent.

However, if indeed Eddie has any influence over the AFL it is not simply because he rants and raves - it's because he is Eddie Maguire.

A ranting, raving Rod Butterss would have as much pull as a ranting, raving Greg Westaway - zilch!"

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Just hope everyone remembers this day and IF we get to hold the cup aloft at the end of the year, rain boos and any derogatory remark youj can think of on DIimwit and his cronies at the cup presentatio9n. REALLY let them know what we feel. Drown the MCG in boos at the showpiece of AFL. Let the fans finally have a voice.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Let's not complicate things .. no need to hate anyone.

Prevention is better than cure - don't get reported for silly acts as it costs your team - a simple lesson to be learned here.