Club not appealing. Statement just released

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup

no surprises there

:?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

piss weak, bloody piss weak.....

so disapointed in the club right now, but what can you do? One action against the AFL and you suffer for years..... do we really want another "whispers in the sky" when we are so close to a flag....

It's a sad day that clubs are forced to act this way

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

"Both the Club and Steven intend to put this matter behind them and accept the penalty as the Club and the playing group continue to focus on delivering performance based outcomes for all its members.â€

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Halo
Club Player

WEAK AS PISS !!!

Not only have they let Steven Baker down ,they have let over 40,000 members down !!!

Where is our so called leader Greg Westaway ???

If he is to s*** scared to talk to the media how the hell is going to stand up to the AFL ???

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

That is piss poor!

I wanted to see my club fight for its man! I wanted to hear evidence how each of those striking charges was not dealt with enough force to warrant a striking charge.

I wanted to see my club fight for the ridiculous misconduct charge.

I wanted to hear my club totally refute the fact that Steven Baker is not manly!

Instead, I get to read a press release that effectively says, "Thank you, sir! May I please have another!"

I have written to our CEO voicing my disgust at their lack of action!

St Michele
Club Player

Very disappointed in the club right now. They needed to fight this but seem happy to let the AFL attack Steven Milne and the club not do anything to stop it.

Here's hoping the rest of the team don't feel the way most of the fans do

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

we all knew nuthing would happen
we all prayed that it would however

deep down we knew theyd do nuthin

all we have to do now is win games
its all we have left to do......

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I am very happy.

Club says "Fk off Steven Baker" who cares about you.

Yeah nice.

And when we lose two or three players to GC people will ask "why".

If I was a player, I would get out of dodge as quickly as possible.

This admin will not defend its players.

Pitiful.

But not unexpected from these gutless clowns.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
howlinwolf
Club Player

It is disappointing but...

We need to win the war, not the fight.

The club is staying focussed on the only thing that can overcome the negative
things that have happened this year.

A Flag !!

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:Very disappointed in the club right now. They needed to fight this but seem happy to let the AFL attack Steven Milne and the club not do anything to stop it.

Here's hoping the rest of the team don't feel the way most of the fans do
Not picking on you Michelle but I have noticed other comments similar to this. Suggestions that why should the players bleed for the club after what's happened etc.

How the hell do any of us know how the players feel about all of this? They may well feel frustrated at what has transpired, and naturally disappointed for Bakes, but they probably also appreciate the futility of it all.

Unless I hear otherwise from the players themselves I have no reason to assume that they are in any way disappointed at the club's handling of this issue, unlike a lot of the supporters.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Our club is soooooo flexible

Just cant believe that the St Kilda FC can actually bend over that far, can almost kiss the back of its own neck

New theme for saints footy "lets get shafted till it hurts"

AFL = Absolute Farking Ludicrous

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
merlin
Club Player

weak as piss, st.kilda. Your support of baker is just as bad as the mpr and afl.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

The club is saying .. (reading between the lines)

Sorry Bakes we tried .. but
" The team is bigger than the individual"

"Prevention is better than cure - and the lesson to all of our other players is clear no more silly and unnecessary reports from behind play incidents - that's not what Saints or team footy is about ".

" Let's be professional and learn from this and move forward".

Saint Mik
Club Player

samoht wrote:The club is saying .. (reading between the lines)

"Prevention is better than cure - and the lesson to all of our other players is clear no more silly and unnecessary reports from behind play incidents - that's not what Saints or team footy is about ".

Your point is not correct and the message is very unclear because how can you learn anything when there are rules for some and rules for others.

Very hard to kick a goal when the posts keep moving

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
bigred
Saintsational Legend

And off we go quietly into the night.

For the love of god I wish they would get angry about it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:

Your point is not correct and the message is very unclear because how can you learn anything when there are rules for some and rules for others.

Agreed, would totally support this move from the club if Baker had actually struck with force or worked outside of the rules that everyone else is working in.... but they haven't.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
ACTSAINTER
Club Player

St Kilda Football Clubs strategy from now:

Win as many games as possible until end of H&A season

Win Semi Prelim and Qual finals

Win Grand Final

Let Stevie Baker hold Premiership cup aloft at MCG

Stevie Baker retires.................. happy

"The best revenge is living a happy life"

CMON THE SAINTS

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Saint Mik wrote:

Your point is not correct because how can you learn anything when there are rules for some and rules for others.

The rules have always been clear regarding behind the play incidents.
If we didn't provide a good defence for Baker in the Baker /Farmer incident and he had carry over points - we've only got ourselves to blame for that - we shifted the posts for Baker ourselves.

but Baker didn't need to risk getting reported and tempt fate with the behind the play stuff.
Last edited by samoht on Wed 30 Jun 2010 2:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

This is s***.

The whole situation is s***.

The AFL is rigged.

The MRP is rigged. Just another AFL puppet.

This isnt a sport. It isnt a game. There is no luck of the draw.
No bounce of the ball.

We need to win the whole f****** thing.

And I fear that the powers that be are dead set against that happening.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markinUSA
SS Life Member

I kinda look at it differently.
I think the club will be as angry as a lot of us... but they don't want to go down the path some of us would like.
I am sure they would be totally aware of the inconsistencies of the MRP, and the inability of people who are cited to use precedent is a barrier for everyone. If we'd been able to use precedent, like you can in court cases, we could have used Jack Riewoldt's similar actions as a precedent for getting Baker off. That is something I am sure the club, or the players association, will take up over the long term.
The other thing is this - he is out, but not for the finals... I think they are looking at that side of the picture. He will be back, and his form against Geelong is so good... the club will be looking at match-ups for the finals and thinking about how to run him into fitness for that. Make no mistake, the GF would have scarred them even more than us, and everything, everything this year is about that big picture and redemption. So, they will grimace and think... right, he will be back for the finals... time for another teammate to stand up (teams, not individuals, win flags)... and then the steely faced determination hardens even more. And Baker returns for the finals. And everyone in the inner circle keeps their eyes on the prize.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The system doesn't allow for an appeal unless you can prove that the tribunal made "errors in law" whatever that means.

It appears that they must have ticked all the boxes, meaning we have no option than to MOVE ON. In other words, we may not (DO NOT) like it but there is bugger all we can do about it !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:I kinda look at it differently.
I think the club will be as angry as a lot of us... but they don't want to go down the path some of us would like.
I am sure they would be totally aware of the inconsistencies of the MRP, and the inability of people who are cited to use precedent is a barrier for everyone. If we'd been able to use precedent, like you can in court cases, we could have used Jack Riewoldt's similar actions as a precedent for getting Baker off. That is something I am sure the club, or the players association, will take up over the long term.
The other thing is this - he is out, but not for the finals... I think they are looking at that side of the picture. He will be back, and his form against Geelong is so good... the club will be looking at match-ups for the finals and thinking about how to run him into fitness for that. Make no mistake, the GF would have scarred them even more than us, and everything, everything this year is about that big picture and redemption. So, they will grimace and think... right, he will be back for the finals... time for another teammate to stand up (teams, not individuals, win flags)... and then the steely faced determination hardens even more. And Baker returns for the finals. And everyone in the inner circle keeps their eyes on the prize.
Agree.

The club would be very, very angry about the outrageous penalty, but are sensible enough not to bash their heads against a brick wall.

The eyes are firmly on the prize. That would stick it up the corrupt AFL more than anything.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

bigred wrote:This is s***.

We need to win the whole f****** thing.

And I fear that the powers that be are dead set against that happening.
A great quote from one of my favorite movies "Major League".

With everything that has come our way this year this latest garbage is only going to strengthen the resolve of the playing group. If you haven't got your money on yet get cracking.

We will not give anyone the satisfaction of saying we have underachieved by not winning a flag.

First one in a long time will be delivered in September with more to come!!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd say they've decided that on the balance of probablities the distraction wasn't worth it and they'd rather get revenge by winning a flag.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs