Alastair "The Dribbler" Smith

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Hacker is the epitome of a low life. He is the definition of ego

Another opportunity awaits!
Halo
Club Player

Aker is like an old Milk Carton --- Past its use by date !!!

It is no wonder all his teamates past & present hate him

lurker#134
Club Player

Agree with you all. I would like to remind Aker of how Stevie Baker has toweled him up the last few times. Lordy how I would like to see it happen again in the finals. Again.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Rodney Eade on radio this evening.
AKERS "DRIBBLER" COMMENT

I was really dissappointed in it. Why ridicule a young kid. The leadership group have spoken to him about it today. The club as a whole is dissappointed in it.

HE WAS FRUSTRATED AT HOW HE PLAYED?

I saw the quotes after the game, and he was really positive and complimentary. To say what he said this morning though was really really dissappointing. I watched the game - he didn't get grabbed at all. So what aker said this morning really dissappointed me.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Aker was pantsed by a determined challenge-relishing kid who got pretty much the same amount of ball and who laid about a million more tackles.

Aker, being Aker, didn't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Selfish, brainless, antiquated knob. Pure and simple.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

and has been sat back in his box
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
THE resumption of the volatile mix of football, the media and Jason Akermanis took only a day to bubble into new controversy, with the Western Bulldogs contacting St Kilda yesterday to apologise for comments Akermanis made about his AFL-listed opponent after his return to the game via the VFL.

Speaking on radio yesterday morning, Akermanis summarised his 14-possession game for Williamstown on Sunday, when he was tagged by Sandringham's Alistair Smith, as ''what happens when you go and play in that league, you get some dribbler who can't play at all, who can't kick, his whole job is to hold you to make sure you don't get the ball''.

The Bulldogs were disappointed with the comments - not simply that they came on the back of a club-imposed sanction over a newspaper column he wrote in May, but that they were seen as disrespectful to Smith and the VFL.

Speaking on his regular morning slot, which he resumed last week after a three-week media ban imposed by the Bulldogs, Akermanis also said of Sandringham: ''We (Williamstown) play a team game and they don't and that's why we win games of football.''

It is understood Akermanis was asked to explain himself by Bulldogs officials yesterday and told the club he regretted his choice of words and had not intended to demean his opponent.

St Kilda confirmed last night that Bulldogs football manager James Fantasia had phoned to apologise for the 33-year-old's latest sound-bite. The Saints, who rate 19-year-old Smith highly, did not want to inflame the matter by responding to his comments.
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/ ... -zxk7.html ( the AGE)

and
Akermanis, playing his first of a two-game stint with Williamstown in the VFL after being suspended by the Bulldogs, was restricted to 14 possessions after being tagged by Smith, who was playing for St Kilda's VFL affiliate Sandringham.

Speaking on radio station MTR yesterday, Akermanis said Smith was only worried about stopping him, not helping his teammates.

St Kilda football manager Greg Hutchison told the Herald Sun last night he had received an apology from the Bulldogs.

"Alistair's OK, he understands the nature of football," Hutchison said.

Speaking on 3AW last night, Eade said: "To say what he said was very disappointing, because I watched the game and ... the kid did a very good job."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/d ... 5888240929

Well Done Alistair.
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 06 Jul 2010 12:54am, edited 2 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Acker you are a total tosser. No respect . Good on you Alister, wish I had of been there, would have been sweet :lol:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

his ' boss' at MTR has come out swinging. Steve Price
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/ake ... 5888241876
LET'S be honest, there is a vendetta being waged against Brownlow medallist and triple premiership player Jason Akermanis.

<>>>>>
Jason's latest sin was to criticise a no-name youngster from St Kilda's VFL side, Sandringham. The kid tagged Jason in his first penalty match for Williamstown on Sunday.

I saw the result of the close attention when Akermanis pointed out a massive bruise on his hand. Asked by me about the game he called the tagger "a dribbler" and said not playing team football had cost Sandringham any chance it had of winning the clash.

He didn't mean the comment with malice but it was obvious he was still unhappy about having to play in the VFL at all.

Well, you would have thought Jason had tried to shoot the Pope. SEN, the sports station we share a building with, went into meltdown, with former Essendon champion Tim Watson and commentator Anthony Hudson climbing into Aker for the comments.

They took call after call taking Jason's head off for being honest.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:I think Aka means Dribbler as a term for a young bloke. Often used in footy circles to describe a rookie coming up through the ranks. Someone who is young and green.

Although admittedly on radio he could've probably used a better word.

But then Aka is Aka.
I heard the actual comments last night in context, and yes I agree, Aka is a tool for saying it. I take back my timid defence of yesterday.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I'm just curious as to why Aka thinks that by talking like this, media organisations want him in their ranks? Yeah sure, he will always create the odd headline, but long term media organisations generally want ppl who are respected by the public. Not sure even Bulldog fans would try and defend those ridiculous remarks.

Any credibility he may have had as a 300 gamer, multiple B&F winner, 3 time premiership player and Brownlow medalist is fast disappearing. Even Sam Newman (who has similar, but not as good credentials) worked out that you can be controversial but you have to keep the public onside. I reckon the public were onside with Aka about 6mths ago, now most see him as an irrelevent wanker, who, most importantly, is redundant as a footballer.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Moods wrote:I'm just curious as to why Aka thinks that by talking like this, media organisations want him in their ranks? Yeah sure, he will always create the odd headline, but long term media organisations generally want ppl who are respected by the public. Not sure even Bulldog fans would try and defend those ridiculous remarks.

Any credibility he may have had as a 300 gamer, multiple B&F winner, 3 time premiership player and Brownlow medalist is fast disappearing. Even Sam Newman (who has similar, but not as good credentials) worked out that you can be controversial but you have to keep the public onside. I reckon the public were onside with Aka about 6mths ago, now most see him as an irrelevent wanker, who, most importantly, is redundant as a footballer.
Neither of the bolded statements is even remotely true.

Jason Akermanis will have a media job for as long as he wants it. The bigger curiosity is why others who seem to be against his mediawork are in fact ensuring that the wider public is exposed to so much of it.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Moods wrote:I'm just curious as to why Aka thinks that by talking like this, media organisations want him in their ranks? Yeah sure, he will always create the odd headline, but long term media organisations generally want ppl who are respected by the public. Not sure even Bulldog fans would try and defend those ridiculous remarks.

Neither of the bolded statements is even remotely true.

Jason Akermanis will have a media job for as long as he wants it. The bigger curiosity is why others who seem to be against his mediawork are in fact ensuring that the wider public is exposed to so much of it.
Well if he keeps working for MTR not many people will hear the crap he spouts anyway.

It is crashing HUGELY in the rating. Only an average of 10k people listening.

Suck s.hite you right wing arsehats.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Steve Price defending Aker = like an anal wart defending herpes.

Stupid load mouths of the world unite.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Well if he keeps working for MTR not many people will hear the crap he spouts anyway.

It is crashing HUGELY in the rating. Only an average of 10k people listening.

Suck s.hite you right wing arsehats.
I quietly suspect that's exactly why he's there.

If what was going around at the end of last year is true, he's playing his final year at the Dogs for minimum wage... he basically signed on because he wants one more tilt with a team that was pretty close last year and got better over summer. He's doing the media work purely to supplement income.

I suspect he could make far more going full time into the media - the Sam Newman comparison is apt. He'll be the guy everyone loves to hate, but is too qualified to ignore... once he's front and center instead of hiding away in what's effectively footy purgatory.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Hackermanis = fail

He has a wonderful playing record and has won many acolades he has fully deserved but every time he opens his big mouth the shine fades just a little bit more.

The AFL's version of Anthony Mundine.......with the exception that "The Man" can still actually back up his verbal diahorrea

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
stinger
Saintsational Legend

suck s*** aker.........even your coach reckons the kid beat you fair and square...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/d ... 5888240929

"Speaking on 3AW last night, Eade said: "To say what he said was very disappointing, because I watched the game and ... the kid did a very good job"

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

There are very few people whos comments hold less creed with me than Jason Ackermanis

Steve Price however, is one of them

I go past MTR's studios every day on the way to and ftrom work. They lean so far to the right I fear they will fall over any day now 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

well.......i have never listened to him at all.....so more fool anybody who does.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info. ... onID=56266

In My Opinion
little things count- and support all around is good

Sandringham supports Alistair Smith
[quote]Sandringham Football Club President Gerry Ryan has spoken on behalf of the club, throwing his support behind Sandringham and St Kilda youngster Alistair Smith after Jason Akermanis called him a “dribblerâ€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY