Congrats to the Loyal Queensland Sainters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Congrats to the Loyal Queensland Sainters

You waited a long time, but we've won up there 4 of the last 5 seasons (two at the Gabba, two at Carrara).

Enjoy guys!

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

made alot of noise as well!!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Lots of shots of happy Sainters after the game..and a great shot of our own Jiggster in the promo in the last ad break of BTG leading up to the start of the telecast :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:made alot of noise as well!!
There was definitely a Saints presence there. A lot of noise.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:made alot of noise as well!!
There was definitely a Saints presence there. A lot of noise.
It was a great win for them unfortunately we played pretty average but a wins a win !

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

There must have been a lot of Saints up there...at one stage i heard a huge roar of "BALL!" when a Brisbane player was tackled.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Quixote
SS Life Member

HUFE effort from the QLD Saints - MASSIVE reps!!

And RL agrees!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Yeah, just saw his press conference...he said it seemed there were more Saints supporters than Brisbane supporters.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

My voicebox is ruined for life. It hurts to talk :D

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
savatage
SS Life Member

Phenomenal effort. The effect mics picked you guys up superbly.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

By far the biggest Saint numbers at a Gabba game, and I havent missed one. Was a great feeling to know we were at least on level terms in the support.

Whilst we didnt play great football, who cares, we won, and shut their whinging supporters up. (even if it did take till half way through the last quarter)

GO SAINTS

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Lots of shots of happy Sainters after the game..and a great shot of our own Jiggster in the promo in the last ad break of BTG leading up to the start of the telecast :-)
I saw that. He owes me a TV and a brick :evil: :twisted: or, at the very least he owes me a beer for having to endure that :wink: :lol: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Stephen Theodore wrote:By far the biggest Saint numbers at a Gabba game, and I havent missed one. Was a great feeling to know we were at least on level terms in the support.

Whilst we didnt play great football, who cares, we won, and shut their whinging supporters up. (even if it did take till half way through the last quarter)

GO SAINTS
Yes, agree, we also have been to everyone and this was definately our biggest presence. Not the best game but for me the best "Gabba experience". Can't wait to play at Carrara again next year, my favourite, aside from the "Telstra Dome". Well thats what they had on the screen at the Gabba. :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah, I thought the same Bev. From memory we won by a lot more there about 3-4 years ago, but this win was definitely more enjoyable. Maybe a few more years of Brions whinging and whining has done that. :lol:

Newman
Club Player

I was also amazed at all the Saints fans. Reckon a lot of Lions supporters stayed away. Bad year for Lions. (Nonetheless they were by no means disgraced.) What a pleasure to help Dooley and the Cheer Squad with the run through banner. Thanks guys! Also great to see the leaders of the Moorabbin Wing (at Etihad) make the trip to Brisbane. And the crowd (200 + ??) at Carl Dittterich's Broadway Hotel afterwards was a real buzz too. And ...... welcome back Nick!

Joffa 5
Club Player

Newman wrote: And the crowd (200 + ??) at Carl Dittterich's Broadway Hotel afterwards was a real buzz too. And ...... welcome back Nick!
Was a great atmosphere at the pub although Bev could have sold me a winning ticket for one of the hoodies :wink:

Unfortunately there was a fire in the early hours of the morning and the Broadway has suffered extensive damage http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensl ... 1056h.html Very disappointed

RoseInOz
Club Player

It was good to be sitting with other Saints supporters, rather than being spread amongst the Lions supporters as has been done in the past. And you are right the Saints fans were very noisy and enjoying every minute of the game. We have waited a long time for this win at the Gabba.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
Batnoe
Club Player

There were in excess of 600 saints fans there.

we were all over the place front, back up top

Carn Saints
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Joffa 5 wrote:
Newman wrote: And the crowd (200 + ??) at Carl Dittterich's Broadway Hotel afterwards was a real buzz too. And ...... welcome back Nick!
Was a great atmosphere at the pub although Bev could have sold me a winning ticket for one of the hoodies :wink:

Unfortunately there was a fire in the early hours of the morning and the Broadway has suffered extensive damage http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensl ... 1056h.html Very disappointed
did you chat to Joffa - Joffa5?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107