Tommy Walsh

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

backit
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
backit wrote:We can upgrade Walsh as Smith is on the LTI list so nothing really to lose now figuratively speaking, the pay upgrade will also possibly let him see benefits of staying for AFL. Give him a crack it will tell us if he is up to it or not and what further work and preparation he needs to make the grade next year.

Whats wrong Plugger 66 is it because you do not agree so you have to launch and can't see someone else have a reasonable point of view. The forum was quite good the last two weeks without you, forumanites actually debating with logic and reason not waiting to shoot down everyone else for having a point of view.

You talk about logic.... How about Walsh works for and deserves the 'pay upgrade' instead of bribing him to stay. Once he is ready to play seniors, he will be upgraded.... Not for insurance of him going back.
I am thinking logically thanks. We have an opportunity to upgrade a rookie if the club wants, he by all reports has been working hard, hasn't he been amongst the best for Sandy the last few games. Hasn't the coaching staff being talking him up. We have an opportunity to upgrade him, it might help the club decide if they will persevere with him if he is homesick by seeing that he can play at the top level rather than saying later if we only did this or done that to keep him. I do not think it is bribery, I think it is an ethical and smart business decision that can be made.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:
Spinner wrote:
backit wrote:We can upgrade Walsh as Smith is on the LTI list so nothing really to lose now figuratively speaking, the pay upgrade will also possibly let him see benefits of staying for AFL. Give him a crack it will tell us if he is up to it or not and what further work and preparation he needs to make the grade next year.

Whats wrong Plugger 66 is it because you do not agree so you have to launch and can't see someone else have a reasonable point of view. The forum was quite good the last two weeks without you, forumanites actually debating with logic and reason not waiting to shoot down everyone else for having a point of view.

You talk about logic.... How about Walsh works for and deserves the 'pay upgrade' instead of bribing him to stay. Once he is ready to play seniors, he will be upgraded.... Not for insurance of him going back.
I am thinking logically thanks. We have an opportunity to upgrade a rookie if the club wants, he by all reports has been working hard, hasn't he been amongst the best for Sandy the last few games. Hasn't the coaching staff being talking him up. We have an opportunity to upgrade him, it might help the club decide if they will persevere with him if he is homesick by seeing that he can play at the top level rather than saying later if we only did this or done that to keep him. I do not think it is bribery, I think it is an ethical and smart business decision that can be made.

Upgrade him if he is ready to play seniors. Who should he replace in the senior side at the minute?

Or are we just in the business of upgrading rookies for fun these days?

backit
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
backit wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Upgrade him if he is ready to play seniors. Who should he replace in the senior side at the minute?

Or are we just in the business of upgrading rookies for fun these days?
Understand what you say but the Filth upgraded a rookie last week Blair? I Think, due to him working hard and played their last two games and from what I saw last night didn't do to bad. Not saying we have to follow their lead or they are right but there is no reason it can't be done. Doesn't have to be about looking at replacing a player in the senior side but can be about rotating some players for a weeks rest simliar to the game against the Hawks in Tassie last year. Just my opinion.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

How could he be missing home, its just as cold here in winter.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

he won't go , he may get homesick but this would be cancelled out by the money and hot women he'd be getting over here !

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:he won't go , he may get homesick but this would be cancelled out by the money and hot women he'd be getting over here !
What have you got against Irish lasses :D

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:he won't go , he may get homesick but this would be cancelled out by the money and hot women he'd be getting over here !
What have you got against Irish lasses :D
nutin didly dee oi luv inbred bearded catholics didly dee. :D

p.s. the above comments are a joke , anyone taking offence should realise that 99% of the comments made on this forum are absolute shite ! :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

On the second point you have to be kidding..

Tommy had avery high profile and status in Ireland and he would not have been lacking.....

Though I havea feeling I remember reading he hada girlfrirend that came out here with him..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:Be a horrible waste of time and effort though if he decides his heart isnt in it and goes home! I wouldnt be so blaise P66.
I am not being blaise but we arent going to worry about Walsh playing this year just to please him when the only thing we should be worried about is a flag this year.
i'm with you on this, plugger. unless he shows something extra special for sandringham - such as regular bags of goals - he is looking at next year.

... but he will make it and we cannot allow him to chuck it in and go home. the bloke has a load of natural ability.

i'd like to see him given a run in the ruck for sandringham occasionally, just go get him into the play a bit more.

the problem with him playing forward for sandringham is that they don't look for him .... not with club champion, captain and 9 time frosty medal winner nick sauntner at full forward.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA, I hope your job over there is compensating you for everything you are missing. Overwise why stay? Anyway keep supporting the Saints.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Has a perfectly good Irish Lass right here with him.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Borderbarry, thanks for your comments.

I have had many opportunities with work that would have been impossible at home, thanks. But it's an emotional juggling act.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.