riewoldt the problem?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

riewoldt the problem?

we adjusted to winning without him and now look less than convincing.

did the others just expect it all to happen with rooey back in? if so, it is p#sspoor.

i think we will win it this year, but we've got to work out how to get 22 contributers every week, particularly in september.

comments? opinions?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Was always going to be a readjustment period in my opinion. BJ still didn't look right to me, Lenny was off for him, Dal wasn't playing. The only mid who did anything was Joey as far as I'm concerned.

Having said that having Roo back has disrupted us b/c at the moment he's only there 2/3 of the time. Surely we've gotta be better than that though. I've defended Kosi all year, but if he can't give us more than he is, time to bring in Stanley for mine and play him with Rooey. Roo is NOT problem, but the other big fwd just might be. Playing Patto ahead of Macca defied belief as well just quietly.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I've defended Kosi all year, but if he can't give us more than he is, time to bring in Stanley for mine.
you might be right. if he'd kicked a couple more goals while he was in he might have been preferred to kosi.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Only prob with Roo is hes blowing like gale due to lack of natch fitness, he aint going to get better without game time, hes the most important cog in the wheel.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Moods wrote:I've defended Kosi all year, but if he can't give us more than he is, time to bring in Stanley for mine.
you might be right. if he'd kicked a couple more goals while he was in he might have been preferred to kosi.
At last, I have to say '+1'. I see Stanley in the same ilk as Gumbleton and Taylor Walker, guys who are only going to get better by leaving them out there. Whilst Kosi's effort today was poor (yes, he had mates), we might be better off with Stanley on the park against the Hawks.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Was Rooey injured?

Same with Gram?

The doctor seemed to be out on the ground as much as the runner .

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Lets face it RL is very loyal so there is no way Kosi is getting dropped in the next couple of games. He will be given even more chances than he has already.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Lets face it RL is very loyal so there is no way Kosi is getting dropped in the next couple of games. He will be given even more chances than he has already.
Thats the worry, how long do we, he, the team persist with Kos?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GoTheTorp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Lets face it RL is very loyal so there is no way Kosi is getting dropped in the next couple of games. He will be given even more chances than he has already.
While we are in the top 4, plenty.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:
While we are in the top 4, plenty.
over 12months already by my calculations

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

When does loyalty become stupidity ?
Is is now round 17. Has Kosi enough points to keep him in the side for the Hawthorn game. I don't think so. Maybe RL does. Don't see how but I'm not coach and he is.
NOW is the time to give him a break in the two's and give some one else a chance with Roo back in the team.
Twenty two scoring shots for 6 goals. We need a need full forward. Some one who will not only kick a few goals but also bless the side with a reasonable second effort.
His name ain't Kosi.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Was Rooey injured?

Same with Gram?

The doctor seemed to be out on the ground as much as the runner .
They mentioned on the half time report that Roo may have injured his knee...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: riewoldt the problem?

bigcarl wrote:we adjusted to winning without him and now look less than convincing.

did the others just expect it all to happen with rooey back in? if so, it is p#sspoor.

i think we will win it this year, but we've got to work out how to get 22 contributers every week, particularly in september.

comments? opinions?
yeah we stunk up the g.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

No, just played horrible. How many dropped marks cost us a goal? how many terrible kicks cost us a goal? how many turnovers cost us a goal?

And how many of those were committed by Roo. He was getting rather upset about his delivery, handpasses to his feet, kicks to him that placed him well out of position that not even the most in form forwards would stand a chance at getting near.

ace
Saintsational Legend

The Saints are 12 : 4 with 6 more to play.

That means they have already qualified for the finals.
The main concentration now has to be getting the team playing the brand of football needed for the finals.

The next 6 matches should be used for that purpose.
If it means Kosi neeeds to play to find form then so be it.
But if he is not going to get any better for the finals then now is the time to make the change.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

My final say on this loss, is that it's no fluke that Collingwood played one of it's best games without Cloke playing...

You just hope that we are better equipped to find the right balance given our experiences this year.