Joey's "Slip" !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Joey's "Slip" !!

I don't know if this has been already brought up but where Joey "Slipped" was right on the Toyota logo. I don't know if the paint/dye they use is slippery or not and I did notice many players losing their footing. It was just an observation I made from watching the replay !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

the whole slab of turf moved...like a mate on a slippery floor....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Sainterman
Club Player

Between the shifting surface at Etihad, where players were slipping all night, the standard of umpiring across nearly all the games, and the crazy chook lotto system that is the MRP...you really have to wonder about how the game is being run at an operational level. Just not good enough.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Lot of discussion on this issue.

the surface is a joke and I do hope someone sues the ass of collo if they get injured.

From the press Roo and Judd came close I think.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Lot of discussion on this issue.

the surface is a joke and I do hope someone sues the ass of collo if they get injured.

And what would that achieve. lets get like the Yanks and sue people for everything. That would be great.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

And what would that achieve. lets get like the Yanks and sue people for everything. That would be great.
Maybe the Ostrich might actually fix the issue if he is threatened with a lawsuit?

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

stinger wrote:the whole slab of turf moved...like a mate on a slippery floor....
I hope you meant to say 'mat'...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

A lesson for Collo that his rubbish stadium surface is not up to standard.

He isn't being held accountable so let the courts decide.

As for the american litigious system, it works, if people break the law then they should be accountable.

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

As for the american litigious system, it works, if people break the law then they should be accountable.
The law. what is the law about slipping. Yep lets sue them and get less return from each game. That sounds great. Lets sue the moorabbin ground. lets sue sue.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The law. what is the law about slipping. Yep lets sue them and get less return from each game. That sounds great. Lets sue the moorabbin ground. lets sue sue.
Given the inaction on the issue, I'm not sure what options are left.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The law is about a safe work environment.

If the moorabbin ground was unsafe to play on then its the responsibility of the owners to make it safe.

BTW the moorabbin ground was muddy not unsafe, muddy made is slow, heavy and tired players, not dangerous.

As for suing TD, what do I care about the AFL or TD, i care about St Kilda and screw vlad, collo et al, why should I give a rats about TD management? if they go to the wall, someone else will buy TD, probably for 30c in the dollar given their debt.

Clearly from your opinion you have no concern about hte surface and inaction and don't mind if monty ripped his knee up or some other saints player had their season ended because of the complete lack of action by Collo and his crew despite years of criticism.

SHUT UP KRIME!
saint vince
Club Player

How about the players wear screw in boots.

I have hear a lot of commentary from recently retired players in the last week saying that it is the cleat boots as much as the surface but current players refuse to wear anything else.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If the moorabbin ground was unsafe to play on then its the responsibility of the owners to make it safe.

BTW the moorabbin ground was muddy not unsafe, muddy made is slow, heavy and tired players, not dangerous.

As for suing TD, what do I care about the AFL or TD, i care about St Kilda and screw vlad, collo et al, why should I give a rats about TD management? if they go to the wall, someone else will buy TD, probably for 30c in the dollar given their debt.

Clearly from your opinion you have no concern about hte surface and inaction and don't mind if monty ripped his knee up or some other saints player had their season ended because of the complete lack of action by Collo and his crew despite years of criticism.
The ground is slippery but it is als.o our home ground. Sueing the owners f our home ground for slipping over would achieve a big fat zero apart from bad will. What do want from them money for slipping over. It would actually be laughed out of court.

Funnily enough I dont think the Saints are stupid or emotional enough to do something like that.They willprobably show commonsense and work with the stadium.

SaintWal
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The ground is slippery but it is als.o our home ground. Sueing the owners f our home ground for slipping over would achieve a big fat zero apart from bad will. What do want from them money for slipping over. It would actually be laughed out of court.

Funnily enough I dont think the Saints are stupid or emotional enough to do something like that.They willprobably show commonsense and work with the stadium.
Spot On P66. Ross on SEN yesterday was very deliberate in his talk about the surface and was clearly playing a diplomatic line. A no win situation for the club and any other tenant that plays there. A very different case for past players and players from non tenant clubs.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

There are only two solutions left for the corrupt arsehole that Collo is:

(1) Spend a heap more money and replace more turf more often - it's clear that the Eastern side of the ground is a sandpit and threadbare - needs replacing immediately.

(2) Use fake turf for the whole surface instead of natural grass.

Heat lamps appear to be not doing enough at the moment.

IF Collo can't adopt either (1) or (2), we need to look at trying to play, say, 3 home games at the G, to limit our exposure at the Etihad, or perhaps push for more of our away games to played at the G.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

oh so we aren't going to do anything and if roo snaps his knee because of a crap surface and its bad luck then we wear it, or if two players snap their knees because the surface is crap, it is bad luck and we move on.

Good on you Collo, marvellous job, lie and you have supporters at st kilda that put your profits ahead of the health of our players.

Frankly I don't care if collo and TD go to the wall, and Its pretty tragic that you put his $$ and his pay cheque ahead of our players health and safety.

its all good collo, no one has the balls to stand up to you and your rubbish stadium and if someone does, there are people at st kilda who will defend your right to provide a crap surface and terrible conditions.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
golden hawk
Club Player

the ground was horrid hope your guys pull up ok from it they need to fix it !

they will get sued for it one day i am sure

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
stinger
Saintsational Legend

harley said on the footy show this morning that joey might not come up this week from his groin injury....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:the ground was horrid hope your guys pull up ok from it they need to fix it !

yep....

good game g h.....one of the best for the year...imho....
Last edited by stinger on Sun 25 Jul 2010 12:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

golden hawk
Club Player

stinger wrote:harley said on the footy show this morning that joey might not come up this week from his groin injury....
yeah heard that hope he is ok you guys need him

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:harley said on the footy show this morning that joey might not come up this week from his groin injury....
well if that's the case Joey should make a quick visit to Collo's house and pinch his heart tablets!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:How about the players wear screw in boots.
Only works if the surface is consistent right across the ground. And it's not.

Also, you tend to pull up a bit more sore in the legs with screw in stops.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
well if that's the case Joey should make a quick visit to Collo's house and pinch his heart tablets!
Collo has a heart? Proof?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Collo has a heart? Proof?
Its an artificial one made from torn ligaments and fueled by the dollars he milks from TD...

SHUT UP KRIME!
golden hawk
Club Player

stinger wrote:
golden hawk wrote:the ground was horrid hope your guys pull up ok from it they need to fix it !

yep....

good game g h.....one of the best for the year...imho....
reckon you are right there

we have had a couple good games
but gee we have had a few horrid games too

best part both teams did not stop playing and trying to win for the whole game ! that i love these type games i love watching , as i said to a pie supporter giving it to a friend on her facebook page at least our game was exciting to watch unlike the boring one sided affair they played !
Last edited by golden hawk on Sun 25 Jul 2010 2:40pm, edited 1 time in total.