92 Elimination Final

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

92 Elimination Final

Watched it last night.

A few observations.

SUPER game.

Ummmm... TERRIBLE surface...18 years ago...you'd think people'd learn.

Mick Dwyer IS Craig Bradley. Ever seen them together in the same room?

How many 50's would be given away if today's standards were applied?

Vidovic went well.

Plugger. Enough said.

Harvey. Ditto.

Winmar. Ditto again.

Loewe on the lead. Unstoppable.

The St Kilda team robe was very Hefner.

Daniels. The king of the unnecessary free against.

That foppish kind of shave-the-lower-half-let-the-top-flop hairdo was as popular at Moorabbin as the mullet was at Victoria Park.

Collingwood is no different. Plodders as individuals. The odd flash of cleverness. Even effort as a team.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Nicky dropped mark of the millenium in the first quarter.

Harvey and Loewe played blinders

Suprise suprise we were flogged by the umpires.

One of the great Lockett moments was in the last quarter. Pert throws him to ground in the marking contest and remarkably the umpire called play on. Plugger took this to heart....

Next time the ball came down he gets Perts arm and tucks it under his and almost lifts Pert off the ground...all in the meantime Tony had his arm out making it look like he was the one who was being held. He takes the mark with the other hand then abuses the umpire. Proceeds to slot through one of the most important goals of the decade for the club,then continues abusing the umpire as team mates hold him back

Bring back the Lockett era
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Yes. :D

He would've been given double 50's today. Maybe three!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Harv's last quarter was magnificent.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:Harv's last quarter was magnificent.
I miss the hunch.

SaintWal
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Harv's last quarter was magnificent.
I miss the hunch.
+1

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

I've said it before but one of my favourite memories of that day was pre-match.

Spud and Shaw walked to the centre to toss the coin, instead of the usual polite handshake, Shaw (true to form) walks up yapping at Frawley trying to put him off his game. Spud simply shoves him in the chest, tells him to get f*cked and tells the umpire to toss the coin all without skipping a beat.

Just proved that Collingwood thought they could intimidate us and we weren't gonna take it.

I also remember after the game waiting in the car park for the traffic to dissipate. I saw Tony Shaw walk to his car which was about 15 metres away from us and he started blasting one of his kids who had cracked the sads. Just capped off my day.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Such a brilliant game.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....