Totally Gutted and Shattered

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Totally Gutted and Shattered

Can't put into words how gutted and shattered I feel right about now. Not only are we playing pathetic tonight, but you can't help get the feeling that 2010 is getting away from us.
It really is starting to now look highly unlikely that we can snatch a flag that we all so badly want.

I just can't stop shaking my head in disbelief !!!

Where the HELL has that SAINTS FOOTY gone? what the hell has happened to it because it sure is not out on the field tonight.

This is not a thread for bagging or coming up with answers, its just letting everyone know how you feel.

I am just totally Shattered, its a massive let down right about now. I don't think living on hope is going to cut it.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saintkid
Club Player

Nice post, exactly how we feel. Many in this team have NO heart when it counts. In the first half the whole of our midfield was left to Lenny AGAIN. If it wasn't for him we would already be 100 points down.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I am sad.

Very very sad. And very shocked.

I know Essendon always play well against us but I wasn't expecting this.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Well, they at least will have a month in which to get their sh*t together before the finals.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:I am sad.

Very very sad. And very shocked.

I know Essendon always play well against us but I wasn't expecting this.
you know things are bad when you jump onto fanfooty and all the icons beside the players have turned into crabs.
I am not joking either, I wish I was, this is just embarrassing.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Hughjarce
Club Player

I actually feel sick, this game has gutted me more than any other home and away game over the past decade. It actually is slowly dawning on me that last year was it .... our only chance for the forseeable future. There is a very dark tunnel ahead.

I need to forget about footy for a while there is more to life.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I am really gutted, very upset as I think we are gone and what I have waited for so long is gone to. I know I will get bagged fr that, but thats the way I feel.

I love this club
saintkid
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:Well, they at least will have a month in which to get their sh*t together before the finals.
They should have learned from the Carlton loss. They are far from a premiership team now.

Too much is left to Lenny in the midfield. Last week the guy played a blinder and kept us in the match. Where's the damn help!! :x

midas_touch
Club Player

The year is a write off now.

We cant win a flag with this lot of players.

The bottom of the ladder beckons us for the next few years.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Solar
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote:The year is a write off now.

We cant win a flag with this lot of players.

The bottom of the ladder beckons us for the next few years.
agree

pathetic

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
wasaintsfan
Club Player

pffft weak

SAINTS PREMIERS 2010!!!!!!!!!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Get a f***** grip. it will get better. The game is s*** we can't play the dons but who cares. we have still beat the teams that matter this year. They may be training harder, they may be looking too far forward. Who cares it's one game.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Get a f***** grip. it will get better. The game is s*** we can't play the dons but who cares. we have still beat the teams that matter this year. They may be training harder, they may be looking too far forward. Who cares it's one game.
It's not just one game here, it's been 4 weeks now!!

We struggled against a pathetic brisbane side, got destroyed by a more committed pies side, pinched 2 points off the umps last week and have showed NO HEART or ability around the packs tonight.

Dogs, pies and cats are so far ahead of us it's not funny. We have been found out. wont win a flag for another 6 years IMO

FQF
In richo I trust

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Haven't won a game in 3 weeks.

It's 3 games.

It's a problem. There is a severe problem.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
gringo wrote:Get a f***** grip. it will get better. The game is s*** we can't play the dons but who cares. we have still beat the teams that matter this year. They may be training harder, they may be looking too far forward. Who cares it's one game.

We struggled against a pathetic brisbane side, got destroyed by a more committed pies side, pinched 2 points off the umps last week and have showed NO HEART or ability around the packs tonight.

Dogs, pies and cats are so far ahead of us it's not funny. We have been found out. wont win a flag for another 6 years IMO
Is that all? So we will win one one day then...thank F*** for that

Bring back the Lockett era
santazzi
Club Player

Solar wrote:

Th critical word is ..Disaray........the question is ...is it planned or not ...........only Ross knows.........

Solar
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:
Solar wrote:

Th critical word is ..Disaray........the question is ...is it planned or not ...........only Ross knows.........
if this is planned then those in charge need their head read.

Players are not hungry enough....put them in a room and play the bloody 2009 grand final over and over till they actually WANT the ball and WANT to tackle

FQF
In richo I trust

lefty
Club Player

Yep, shithouse

But we always lose to Essendon, whether we're on top or bottom of the ladder, we just can never beat Essendon, so I was not at all suprised to lose at all.

Too many passangers just guarding space.

Gram needs to be dropped, sick of his long bombs to nowhere.

The midfield was absolutely disgraceful. We really miss Armo in the middle. Whoever thinking Stevens can replace Armo is out of their mind. Armo is our hard in and under player, usually with the most tackles as well, yet people complain he doesn't do enough when he doesn't have the ball... ffs that's not his job, leave that to Ray and Peake. Imo Stevens takes McQualters spot, not Armo.

walski
Club Player

Tonight going to make us or break us imo....

I will be looking at the reaction next week to make comment about tonight.

But I know from past recent history it can go down hill but maybe this is the wake call a lot of people need.

But tonight is a turning point one way or the other no two ways about it.

lefty
Club Player

oh and one more thing

Can the runners stop giving free kicks away, makes me angry. Every week.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Any other top four side would have won tonight.

We're in big trouble. This is a game we HAD to win and I bet you that not even Lyon knows what to think.

The club had it's chance at premiership glory last year and the missed opportunity will hurt for a LONG time yet.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
wasaintsfan
Club Player

lefty wrote:oh and one more thing

our runner is awesome its not his fault he cant get outa the way hes like 103

you try running out full games at that age!!!!!

seriously though we are bad with that this year....

saintkid
Club Player

Solar wrote:

I would add a ZERO to the end of that 6. :roll:

backit
Club Player

wasaintsfan wrote:
lefty wrote:oh and one more thing

our runner is awesome its not his fault he cant get outa the way hes like 103

you try running out full games at that age!!!!!

seriously though we are bad with that this year....
Tonight was a bit hard on the runner the ball was kicked over where he was running to go off the ground, he didn't interfere with play he did not run over a players mark. There were other instances tonite where runners were closer to the play than that free kick. The umpires need to be consistent with that rule but that will never happen.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

All I can seem to do at the moment is to re live those horrible moments toward end of last year......................

this result only rams it home

feel horrible......

saint4life