Tonights Post Mortem

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

backit
Club Player

Tonights Post Mortem

May as well start it now to save space.

We are poor at the moment lets not kid ourselves, we are being exposed in all positions, our backline, our mids and forwards are not winning, our game plan is shot and the Saints Footy brand is not there. Does anyone have the answers, I wish someone did because it is going to turn out to be another heartbreaking season the way we are now going. People will come on and say that it is only July, it is, but what worries me is that we are not playing well and haven't for a long time but we have fallen into this false sense of security because we won games without Reiwoldt so all was going to be great once he was back but we are actually now going backwards.

I am passionate Saints fans always have been but from what I am witnessing now I believe is a gradual decline something like 1998. I will be yelled at and vilified for mentioning such a thing but see similiar patterns to that and can't see much upside on tonites and the last few weeks performances.

We have had one win this year over 50 points and our percentage is now going backwards at a great rate of knots.

I am happy for people to give me an upside on tonights performance and why we will be September contenders but I think it will be a struggle. We can't be slow starters in any game because we can't afford to play catch up football and don't really have the players to be able to it because most are confidence players and when we are behind their body language say's alot and it is mostly negative.

I will post this before the game ends and if by some miracle we get up and win everything I have here is still accurate.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Montagna, Dal Santo, Fisher, Gilbert and Gram are all just playing poorly. Some of them are still racking up stats but none are really influencing the game. This means the likes of Kosi and Milne don't get supply. And in a team not functioning well, the second rate players (every side has them) are shown up for what they are. Dempster, Dawson and Peake look fine when the big guns are firing but without that support they struggle. Then kids like Steven and Lynch are left as passengers.

I think it's time to drop a big name or two, make a statement and give the list a giant kick up the arse. The second rate players will always be there, they just need to be part of a functioning team with the stars at their best.

st.kim
Club Player

Only have 2 words to say PISS WEAK !

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Should have won it last year , before the rot set in.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.