Totally Gutted and Shattered

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I left, sorry, but I could not stomach watching that pathetic effort tonight.
We we're beaten everywhere and never looked liked it.
Our forward line is completely dysfunctional and incapabable of kicking a decent score.
For me, unless there is a dramatic turn around, the 2010 season ended tonight, because I now don't believe this group can win it.
This is one belief I'd like to be proven wrong.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
midas_touch wrote:The year is a write off now.

We cant win a flag with this lot of players.

The bottom of the ladder beckons us for the next few years.
agree

pathetic
?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Solar wrote:
midas_touch wrote:The year is a write off now.

We cant win a flag with this lot of players.

The bottom of the ladder beckons us for the next few years.
agree

pathetic
?
hurt makes you say.........................

saint4life
ThomasR
Club Player

This thread is funny.

Give Essendon some credit for tonight, they were very clean and good around the clearances. Hille makes a massive impact for them, both as a good player and it also allows him and Ryder to drift forward. They match up well on us as they like to move it on quickly. They have beaten the Bulldogs and Hawks but lost to West Coast twice - who knows what side will turn up.

The difference between the best and worst of Essendon is massive and tonight we saw some of the best - Fletcher had a blinder, they were hitting targets, spreading well and good delivery to some genuine targets in the forward line. Most of all they always seemed to have numbers around the spillages from clearances which I would put down to lack of effort from those in the vicinity of the contest on our part.

Obviously we are not travelling that well at the moment but to write off our season at this stage is ludicrous. Geelong had a rough patch towards the end of last year and look how that worked out. The eyes are on the prize and I'm sure a few blokes turned up tonight just expecting us to win and with a competition as even as this, you're gone as soon as that happens.

I'm sorry to inform all of you that enjoyed being spoon fed 20 H&A wins last year but losses happen. We can't be winning all the time. Sometimes the ball just isn't bouncing your way. I am far more concerned by our showing against Collingwood than anything that happened tonight. Harden up. Thankfully the boys are well coached and do not have the same attitude as some supporters have expressed here tonight. We move on.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

It was sad, Essendon payed brilliant and we played crap.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:Nice post, exactly how we feel. Many in this team have NO heart when it counts. In the first half the whole of our midfield was left to Lenny AGAIN. If it wasn't for him we would already be 100 points down.
Very harsh call. Been a poor month but the team has shown immense hunger much of the season. Not over yet.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

bassoon wrote: As much as I hate Carlton, and Collingwood, their supporters would not accept an inept display like this. Let the Club know how you feel, and let them know you're disatisfied. Medocrity can not be tolerated any longer.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are kidding me with that paragraph aren't you? Have you not watched those 2 teams for the past 3+ years? Thanks for the laughs! Needed that. Still wiping the tears from my eyes.....

Fortius Quo Fidelius
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

bassoon wrote: Gilbert could be gone to the Gold Coast, and all in all, the future doesn't look too bright.
Gilbert re-signed till the end of 2012

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
battye
Saintsational Legend

I am also shattered, I just feel really awful.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry for the reality check people but a good friend of mine was killed in a car accident last week, aged 27. Not looking for any sympathy, but please, get some frikkin perspective here FFS!! :shock:

We've been shockin in the past month, starting with the Lions match, we only won that because the Lions were so bad!

BUT, we are in the finals, in the hunt, still in the top 4, and are having a slump in the month of JULY. You all know the cliches, but I will ram them home again, you don't win a premiership in July and yes, I'd rather have an off month in July as opposed to September.

A lot of us forget that we beat Geelong a little over a month ago and kept them practically scoreless in the second half of their match. We are relatively injury free (touch wood), and getting valuable miles into the legs of the likes of Rooey and Grammy.

BUT, the clincher, our bogey side Essendon will not be there in September, the sun will rise tomorrow and we are still a month away from finals footy. So please, get over it, move on, I mean seriously, for these types of reactions, how long have you guys been supporting the Sainters because I know in myself that I've gone through way worse times than what we have in the past month!!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saintkid
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
saintkid wrote:Nice post, exactly how we feel. Many in this team have NO heart when it counts. In the first half the whole of our midfield was left to Lenny AGAIN. If it wasn't for him we would already be 100 points down.
Very harsh call. Been a poor month but the team has shown immense hunger much of the season. Not over yet.
I don't believe its harsh, if you watch carefully in the games we have played well, Lenny has put in superhuman efforts. Have a look at the Geelong game and last week against the Hawks. The poor guy was on his own again last night. He has been by far the "extractor" of our midfield as the old man puts it with not enough assistance from the others. Geez the guy is 30 years old now, we had the same problem in 2004-06 with Harvs being the lynchpin of our midfield. I am very disappointed that others in the midfield are not standing up to control the game also. We can't win the flag with such dependancy on one player.
Last edited by saintkid on Sat 31 Jul 2010 2:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Yep same here ,, Gutted. It's just I know what follows ,,
"ya's blew yer chance last year" ,,(cos we did squander that Granny).
"The Aints" ,,
Last few weeks have been utter shite.. We were all waiting for the return of Roo to form and he is back to form ,, but nothing. Too many times i see players hand off the ball and don't back it up ,, not supporting with a 2nd effort like they normally would .

for mine ---- THERE IS SOMETHING VERY ROTTEN IN THE FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT DOWN AT MOORABBIN .

Something amiss somewhere , thats for sure.

What will be next from this club ?
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

VietNam_Saint wrote:Yep same here ,, Gutted. It's just I know what follows ,,
"The Aints" ,,
Last few weeks have been utter shite.. We were all waiting for the return of Roo to form and he is back to form ,, but nothing. Too many times i see players hand off the ball and don't back it up ,, not supporting with a 2nd effort like they normally would .

for mine ---- THERE IS SOMETHING VERY ROTTEN IN THE FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT DOWN AT MOORABBIN .

Bit too much time on the Vietnamese Mint mate? You're getting awfully paranoid there...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
chook23
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Sorry for the reality check people but a good friend of mine was killed in a car accident last week, aged 27. Not looking for any sympathy, but please, get some frikkin perspective here FFS!! :shock:

We've been shockin in the past month, starting with the Lions match, we only won that because the Lions were so bad!

BUT, we are in the finals, in the hunt, still in the top 4, and are having a slump in the month of JULY. You all know the cliches, but I will ram them home again, you don't win a premiership in July and yes, I'd rather have an off month in July as opposed to September.

A lot of us forget that we beat Geelong a little over a month ago and kept them practically scoreless in the second half of their match. We are relatively injury free (touch wood), and getting valuable miles into the legs of the likes of Rooey and Grammy.

BUT, the clincher, our bogey side Essendon will not be there in September, the sun will rise tomorrow and we are still a month away from finals footy. So please, get over it, move on, I mean seriously, for these types of reactions, how long have you guys been supporting the Sainters because I know in myself that I've gone through way worse times than what we have in the past month!!
I think the vent for many is the ramming home that 2010 will not erase the pain of 2009 GF........so many thought it would just happen......and that clearly just wont happen without a huge turnaround.....

I have mentioned in other threads the hurt of last year still spills over after defeats like last night and a real reality check and possible proof that last year was the big chance.

saint4life
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
"The Aints" ,,

Bit too much time on the Vietnamese Mint mate? You're getting awfully paranoid there...

:shock: ME ,, paranoid !!!! :roll:
maybe ,, not sure ????

Are you a cop mate ???? yu could be ... Well are ya !!

Who said i was paranoid ,, just you or others ??? tell me who

You are a cop arent ya !!!!

What will be next from this club ?
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Paranoid? who? ME? yarp!!!!!! What thread is is this? Sorry?? Who said that? WHAT!"?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Finna
Club Player

VietNam_Saint wrote:
Thinline wrote:
"The Aints" ,,

maybe ,, not sure ????

Geez those mints must be bloody good! :shock:

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

VietNam_Saint wrote:
Thinline wrote:
"The Aints" ,,

maybe ,, not sure ????

:D

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
philtee
Club Player

Thomas R and St Ick - well said.

More about Vietnamese mint - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persicaria_odorata

Looks like pretty potent stuff...in a laksa

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Last night was an embarrassing performance. We were comprehensively outplayed. All over the ground. Smashed in the clearances, our run and spread was pathetic, skills were terrible and kicking to Roo all night was just far too predictable. Essendon (an ordinary side) made us look like a rabble. Where is the intensity? Desire? Pressure (particularly to lock it in our forward line)?

That is absolutely inept. If we don't make a statement and belt Port by 10 goals next week, we won't fin the flag.

The Saints are coming!