Booing the team off the ground?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Wouldn't say I'm for it, but I wouldn't knock a supporter who felt the need to.

Bombers are a basket case of a club, a stone throw away from sacking their coach, only just beat North by three points, aided by Wells failing to make it through the warm up and Hail getting a recall, after already playing in the VFL that afternoon. At one stage they lead us by 58 points. We made them look top four.

Our showing was an example of everything that is wrong with our club. Destiny forever in our hands and forever shooting ourselves in the foot. Our own worst enemies. History is on the verge of repeating itself, just like 1998, reminding us of the most painful of all football lessons, you don't always get another chance. Don't be surprised if Lyon gets the chop at seasons end and Hird becomes our new coach.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I wasn't there, but at quarter time it would've been a fair call IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I wasn't there, but at quarter time it would've been a fair call IMO.
I didnt boo either. I had gone home by quarter time.

Q5
Club Player

Needed plenty of alcohol to get through that, but STAYED TILL THE END! Players can't just walk off the ground (though some on here will come back and say that they did) so we shouldn't either!

You think the players don't already know how bad they played? Even the scoreboard tells them that! Yesterday is now history, today is a new day. As has been stated many times...

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:I wasn't there, but at quarter time it would've been a fair call IMO.
fair dinkum, or are you on the piss?

But I thought watching it that the game was over even before quarter time.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
fair dinkum, or are you on the piss?

But I thought watching it that the game was over even before quarter time.
No just joking but I didnt leave the bar after half time.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I think I would like them to know my feelings about their performance on my behalf on the night.
If I can cheer them off the grd after a win surely I can let them know how I feel otherwise?
Spot on.

it was totally

TOTALLY unacceptable.

I gave them a spray on the way back to the rooms.

GUTLESS pissweak performance.

They are currently NOT a top four team and nowhere near a flag in 2010.

They deserved to be given a spray.

If you accept that s*** from last night you accept we will never win a flag.

I support the team b ut expect them to try their best.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bardon Saint
Club Player

I'm in favour of this thread. Booing off the ground should serve as another method of reinforcement that the way they played was not up to standard. Ross has done his equivalent of a boo by saying that they were "pathetic". How else can we display our disdain? Should they be applauded for that game?

To all the be positive critics, we still love them but not that performance. We punish poor behaviour in society whether it be a crime or your child performing a simple misdemeanor. Booing will serve as punishment and to motivate change from the perspective of the supporters.

They will lick their wounds, analyse their performance and come back stronger.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I understand the frustration and anger at that "effort" ( :? ) but I could never in all honesty endorse a call to boo our own team off the field.
I think a more effective way of showing our feelings would be to simply let the side walk down the race to the sound of their own footsteps!
I was just too sick to even spray them!
And by the way, I'll be wearing my colours whilst out and about this week, just to defy the bastards who are ready to feast on our carcass!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:I think I would like them to know my feelings about their performance on my behalf on the night.
If I can cheer them off the grd after a win surely I can let them know how I feel otherwise?
Exactly. They're supposed to be big boys (men even) and they're getting piles of (our) money. They have to be man enough to take the good with the bad. What goes around comes around. If they dish up crap, they'll get crap in return.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Buckets
SS Life Member

Yes lets BOO them! Might as well spit on them while they are walking back to the rooms and start calling Milney a Rapist! And then on Monday morning drop a truck load of chicken hearts and marshmellows at the front door of the club just for good measure.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Yes lets BOO them! Might as well spit on them while they are walking back to the rooms and start calling Milney a Rapist! And then on Monday morning drop a truck load of chicken hearts and marshmellows at the front door of the club just for good measure.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
A boo is abit different from spitting on someone :roll:

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintnick12
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:I understand the frustration and anger at that "effort" ( :? ) but I could never in all honesty endorse a call to boo our own team off the field.
I think a more effective way of showing our feelings would be to simply let the side walk down the race to the sound of their own footsteps!
I was just too sick to even spray them!
And by the way, I'll be wearing my colours whilst out and about this week, just to defy the bastards who are ready to feast on our carcass!!!!
Totally agree with this. Can't boo them. But we can show them our feelings by not cheering them. I certainly didn't clap them off the ground. Clapped good efforts during the game, but usually we clap our team at the end of the qtr to show our support, not last night. Our silence is the only way we can show our disappointment.
Was wondering as I booked my SC tickets for next weeks game if I should even bother....briefly. I'll be there cheering them on. Lets hope they don't serve up the same effort.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

While I do understand people's frustration......

...I personally cannot undestand how anyone can boo their own team.

Some things you just do not do.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
happy feet
Club Player

Not the answer

Booing your team off is not the answer, but we are all disappointed with an outfit that has a ton of talent but at present, not an ounce of heart and desperation to win a game. I hope the players read this site - they need to develop some mongrel, real quick.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I dont even understand the word boo. What does it mean to go boo boo boo.