Time to Upgrade Tom SIMPKIN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time to Upgrade Tom SIMPKIN

WinnersOnly wrote:With the finals drawing closer and our lack of depth in our key defenisive posts we need a player ready to go. Raph CLARKE is now on the Long Term injury list hence we wil have a posi sitting idle. Surely the club will upgrade Tom SIMPKIN to have him available or even play him before the finals.

From all reports he is a hard nut good overhead and at ground level. He has been the most consistent Saints listed player at Sandringham and shows plenty of grunt. Time to make the decision SAINTS...
i agree. he would be good insurance. with raph and zac out, if gilbo or sammy fisher or gwilt went down who would come in? i know we have bakes. but sheesh id be worried.

i liken simpkin very much to ben stratton of the hawks..

Ben Stratton
Height 189cm
Weight 82kg
DOB 01-03-1989

Tom Simpkin

Height 191cm
Weight 83kg
DOB 07-08-1990

FQF
SS Life Member

Luke Miles could be the other backman eyeing a recall, and he wouldn't require elevation...

A different type of backman though, but also capable of producing run and rebound.

falka
Club Player

Solar wrote:is currently the best reader of the play in our reserve backman. Good set of hands but his decision making is not always perfect (lazy). Should be on the senior list at the expense of wil johnson.
Is way better prospect than Johnson, agree 100%

FQF
SS Life Member

FQF wrote:Luke Miles could be the other backman eyeing a recall, and he wouldn't require elevation...

A different type of backman though, but also capable of producing run and rebound.
sorry, that wouldn't be a recall. just a call.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Wow it actually happened !

Good move SAINTS I wonder if they will play himn this weekend ?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well with Zac out for two weeks...and the two Sam's being targeted now would be a likely time to play him.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 05 Aug 2010 5:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

so what else do we want people... great thread

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:With the finals drawing closer and our lack of depth in our key defenisive posts we need a player ready to go. Raph CLARKE is now on the Long Term injury list hence we wil have a posi sitting idle. Surely the club will upgrade Tom SIMPKIN to have him available or even play him before the finals.

From all reports he is a hard nut good overhead and at ground level. He has been the most consistent Saints listed player at Sandringham and shows plenty of grunt. Time to make the decision SAINTS...
We have a Winner.....good call. :wink:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:

We have a Winner.....good call. :wink:
well played good call.

now all we need is for the dribbler to debut this week and saintsational are on fire!

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Having seen him play a few times I reckon he'll be the perfect replacement for Blake, when his career ends. Similar height, seems to read the ball very well and marks well. He's also aggressive and seems to like contested situations. Maybe a bit Andrew Mackie like.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Having seen him play a few times I reckon he'll be the perfect replacement for Blake, when his career ends. Similar height, seems to read the ball very well and marks well. He's also aggressive and seems to like contested situations. Maybe a bit Andrew Mackie like.
jeez i hope so. i rate mackie highly. top 10 in b anf past 2 years. killed us in the gf. very good player.

i see him as a mackie/ben stratton type also.