Saints Circa 2012

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saints Circa 2012

there has been a lot of talk about the saints premiership window closing or already being closed and that we are a team in decline so i thought id put it to the test. plus im bored.

so i thought id pick a saints side circa 2012. And the verdict? Well we dont look too bad. And not a single player over 30.

B: Simpkin Dawson Gwilt
HB: Gilbert Fisher Gram
C: Winmar Dal Ray
HF: Heyne Stanley Goddard
F: Schneider Riewoldt Steven

R: McEvoy Jones A Smith

I: Montagna, Geary ,Walsh, Gaertner

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Lenny will still be there. Still need more midfield class though. Also a quality tall defender and quick small forward.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Gee we'll need some depth tho. What's the odds on us going on Rookie bender in the next two off seasons...Almost a must...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Poor Joey an almost veteran and he's stuck on the bench :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints Circa 2012

Con Gorozidis wrote:there has been a lot of talk about the saints premiership window closing or already being closed and that we are a team in decline so i thought id put it to the test. plus im bored.

so i thought id pick a saints side circa 2012. And the verdict? Well we dont look too bad. And not a single player over 30.

15th or 16th.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:there has been a lot of talk about the saints premiership window closing or already being closed and that we are a team in decline so i thought id put it to the test. plus im bored.

15th or 16th.
That will make the finals under the planned top 17 finals system the AFL announced today.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
FQF
SS Life Member

just one ruckman? not happening...

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Not a single draftee from 2010 or 2011? Thats sad !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Take Roo out and we look average- but then again there was 2010

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm just hoping to make it to 2011...Hell! I'll be happy to make it to sunday!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too far ahead to be concerned about! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

obviously..2 years on..the recruiting hasn't improved at all...how's Sandy looking in 2012...bottom of the ladder

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:C: Winmar Dal Ray
in 2010 winmar has played 2 sandy games and 3 sandy reserves games because of constant injuries. you seriously think that in eighteen months he'll be starting in the senior team? i'll be ecstatic if he's shown enough to play five games in 2012.

saintnick12
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:Lenny will still be there. Still need more midfield class though. Also a quality tall defender and quick small forward.
Lenny is signed until end of 2012...so he will still there. Unless of course we win the flag and he retires :wink: , but that's not looking very likely at the moment.
Lenny will be in your 2012 team...though maybe off the bench by then...like Harves towards the end. Mind you he'll only be 32 - so maybe he'll keep playing on like Harves...

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

How good is Lenny with his investments???

What is he on...say $400,000?

These days with that sort of income you think you would keep playing till the hint from the coach is that they don't want you any more....unless you fancy yourself as a punter in the USA!!!

Though Aussie did walk...

IMO AFL is a lot more professional these days and as long as players are still good enough to play, they will play on.

I Lenny's case too it is not just his football ability....but the leadership that he radiates on the field that would make the coach want him to stay around.

Roo may be our Captain, and he is a good one...but Lenny is an on-field general...make no mistake. that makes him more valuable.

Re 2012...don't know who...but the history of our last decade of recruiting would suggest that there will be some "new" players from other Clubs in it as well.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Re 2012...don't know who...but the history of our last decade of recruiting would suggest that there will be some "new" players from other Clubs in it as well.
History also suggests we will not get many or any players from 2011/12 draft in the senior team by 2012 and we wont get much bang for our buck in trade weeks. So i reckon this team will be very close to the mark. Maybe 2 or 3 differences.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:just one ruckman? not happening...
I've put in 3 guys around 200cm which is adequate i think.

gaertner is 199cm and stanley is 200cm. plus big mac.

so stanley can run on the ball and gaertner can cover FF or CHF while ben is rsating. plenty of options.

chuck pattison on the bench if u like.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

We're still too Roo-centric, we'll never win a premiership without Raph in the team, and we should never have traded Kosi to GWS after that 7 goal haul against us in R3. :)