Luke Miles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FQF
SS Life Member

Luke Miles

With Raph now out for the season, we will probably be looking for some sort of like for like replacement.

I've hardly seen Miles play, but from all accounts he is a reliable defender with speed to attack with.

He hardly gets a mention here, so would someone with more knowledge on Luke care to predict whether he stands much of a chance...

If not, what are his deficiencies?

Otherwise, will Simpkin get an elevation? In good form at the moment...

Saint4Eva
Club Player

Re: Luke Miles

[quote="FQF"]With Raph now out for the season, we will probably be looking for some sort of like for like replacement.

I've hardly seen Miles play, but from all accounts he is a reliable defender with speed to attack with.

He hardly gets a mention here, so would someone with more knowledge on Luke care to predict whether he stands much of a chance...

Otherwise, will Simpkin get an elevation? In good form at the moment...[/qu

I dont think you can elevate any rookie now, its too late in the year. He's not knocking the door down so i wouldn't just put him in like for like. I think Al Smith deserves his chance.
Raph hasnt been in for ages now so its not as though he has got injured over the weekend and need to find someone to take his place.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Saint4Eva wrote:
I dont think you can elevate any rookie now, its too late in the year.
Miles is not a rookie.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Saint4Eva
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:
Saint4Eva wrote:
Miles is not a rookie.
i know that, i was refering to this..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint4Eva wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
Saint4Eva wrote:
Miles is not a rookie.

He can still be promoted as any club as long as they have room in the salary cap can promote someone after round 12.

Saint4Eva
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saint4Eva wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
Saint4Eva wrote:
Miles is not a rookie.

He can still be promoted as any club as long as they have room in the salary cap can promote someone after round 12.
well i stand corrected

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I dont know how Simpkin and Alistair Smith compare speedwise, but Tom Simpkin would probably take a taller opponent than Smith.

FQF
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:I dont know how Simpkin and Alistair Smith compare speedwise, but Tom Simpkin would probably take a taller opponent than Smith.
I was under the impression that Simpkin was a more Gilbert-like player, yet also quite good one on one.

Obviously Gilbert is better at something, or everything, as he is a top 10 player... but that's the type of mould i've seen Simpkin fitting.

Smith, on the other hand, is more of a hard at it midfielder/tagger who may start his seniors career as a small backman but eventually make his way to a permanent midfield role.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If Alias came in he could play HF/mid and free Gram up for running HB.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I'm under the impression that Miles is pbly not good enough to make it

(from what I've read... have seen nothing)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Is Gaertner out of the question?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

From the small amount I've seen of him, Miles to me looks a bit like shorter Dempster: hard working, sticks close to his man, hits the ball away rather than trying to win it and use it, etc

But some on here, who might have seen him more often or else might just be dreaming, have suggested he can run and carry and create.

But, then, I've read that often enough on here about Dempster too. Doesn't make it true.

TBH, I'm more interested in seeing Eddy and McQualter back than the likes of Miles, Simpkin, Gaertner, etc.

Smith I like, but is he truly ready for what is going to be a really tough run of games.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

it would be great for Luke to get a go but sadly i dont think his AFL dream will come to life ... i did hear a whisper he was on his way back home at years end ... dont think it will be to the WCE or Dockers but maybe back to swan districts

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints94
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:it would be great for Luke to get a go but sadly i dont think his AFL dream will come to life ... i did hear a whisper he was on his way back home at years end ... dont think it will be to the WCE or Dockers but maybe back to swan districts
What makes you think that? Source?...........

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:it would be great for Luke to get a go but sadly i dont think his AFL dream will come to life ... i did hear a whisper he was on his way back home at years end ... dont think it will be to the WCE or Dockers but maybe back to swan districts
might be nothing but i overheard a convo between two Swannies the other day talking up a drafting coup for the swannies next year with miles name linked to being offered a role as captain ... agin prob should be minding my own buissness not eavesdropping on convos :wink:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Saints94
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
might be nothing but i overheard a convo between two Swannies the other day talking up a drafting coup for the swannies next year with miles name linked to being offered a role as captain ... agin prob should be minding my own buissness not eavesdropping on convos :wink:
I don't think a local league can overtake an option of playing with the Saints.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
I don't think a local league can overtake an option of playing with the Saints.
obviously playing for the saints is the prefered option for him but there is a possiblility he will be delisted at the end of the year ... hes been at the club for 3 years now and not made a debut so really he has to start showing somthing at VFL level to convince the club hes worth holding on to

Liam_G
Club Player

Miles will come in this week.
He and Simpkin will battle it out to make it to the final team.

FQF
SS Life Member

He was elevated from the rookie list this year, so there must have been something there that the coaches liked. If he wasn't going to make it, he wouldn't have been able to stay around for as long as he has.

Don't write him off just yet.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:He was elevated from the rookie list this year, so there must have been something there that the coaches liked. If he wasn't going to make it, he wouldn't have been able to stay around for as long as he has.

Don't write him off just yet.
i hope he does stay and i hope he carves his way into the senior team but honsetly his time is running out

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

is it just me, ort does it say something about our depth that every time a replacement for an injured player is discussed, talk always seems to turn to someone making his debut.

Is this perhaps not ideal 4 weeks from the finals?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:is it just me, ort does it say something about our depth that every time a replacement for an injured player is discussed, talk always seems to turn to someone making his debut.

your right but outside of the starting 22 we dont have many games played at all besides Kingy and Leigh Fisher the rest are all younguns

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:With Raph now out for the season, we will probably be looking for some sort of like for like replacement.

FQF. Seems you were on to something here. Good call. simpkin and miles now in genuine contention. Have u got any other inside info? Or was it just a common sense call given zac and raph and bakes are all OUT.

FQF
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
FQF wrote:With Raph now out for the season, we will probably be looking for some sort of like for like replacement.

FQF. Seems you were on to something here. Good call. simpkin and miles now in genuine contention. Have u got any other inside info? Or was it just a common sense call given zac and raph and bakes are all OUT.
I'd love to say its inside info... but it was just an educated guess. Common sense if you like...

I'll keep providing you with those guesses, but I'm afraid i won't be able to keep this top guessing form up for too long.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:is it just me, ort does it say something about our depth that every time a replacement for an injured player is discussed, talk always seems to turn to someone making his debut.

spot on.

It's pathetic really.

We have as much depth as a dry salt lake.

A major worry for the future.

Not only that, all our new players have shown very little.

Come 2013, we will be a bottom 4 side the way it is looking :roll:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.