Badly needed a win like that

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

I Am A Saint
Club Player

Badly needed a win like that

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious we needed that. 4 quarters, pressure all day. roo kicking a bag.
Milney mentioned that the group had lost 'trust' on 774 after the game.
Interesting...

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

The only thing bad about today was that we failed to win by a hundred points. The last five minutes when the crowd was actually booing them fir going backwards (which was fair enough considering they had loose men everywhere even going forward) were very surreal.

It almost felt like we were losing or something the way we were all reacting but in the end who cares? 94 points is a domination and we really made a statement today.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps we the supporters did, but I have never doubted that the players have every confidence in their ability and game plan come September.

Liam_G
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:The last five minutes when the crowd was actually booing them fir going backwards (which was fair enough considering they had loose men everywhere even going forward).
Fair enough to boo your own team when they are 94 points up? You are a disgrace. Along with every other person at the ground today that booed at the end of the game. Muppet.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:(which was fair enough considering they had loose men everywhere even going forward)
And kicking into the sun - and probably feeling the previous 100 minutes - and following orders. One nuffer near me claimed the the players 'owed us a 100 point win'!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saint3d
Club Player

Liam_G wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:The last five minutes when the crowd was actually booing them fir going backwards (which was fair enough considering they had loose men everywhere even going forward).
Fair enough to boo your own team when they are 94 points up? You are a disgrace. Along with every other person at the ground today that booed at the end of the game. Muppet.
+1

This can't be reiterated enough. As the young observant fellow in front of me said, 'if you don't like it, get lost' or words to that effect.

And as my father said on the way home, 'when they're fifteen goals up they can do whatever they like'.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Liam_G wrote:
Yeah, fair enough to have a go at me, i would've too if someone posted that. I misspoke (or misposted) - Obviously it wasn't fair enough. It was the exact opposite of fair but I meant as diusgusting as it was, i understand why they were doing it... I just don't think they should've.

There's a difference between understanding why someone is doing something and thinking it was right and I certianly didn't think it was right.

It made the last five minutes very uncomfortable for me and made it hard to enjoy the win.

I would like you retract the statement saying I'm a muppet and that I'm a disgrace because I'm not agreeing with their behaviour. And I'm certainly not advocating bpooing because I think that sort of behaviour is never warranted.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
Liam_G wrote:
Yeah, fair enough to have a go at me, i would've too if someone posted that. I misspoke (or misposted) - Obviously it wasn't fair enough. It was the exact opposite of fair but I meant as diusgusting as it was, i understand why they were doing it... I just don't think they should've.

There's a difference between understanding why someone is doing something and thinking it was right and I certianly didn't think it was right.

It made the last five minutes very uncomfortable for me and made it hard to enjoy the win.

I would like you retract the statement saying I'm a muppet and that I'm a disgrace because I'm not agreeing with their behaviour. And I'm certainly not advocating bpooing because I think that sort of behaviour is never warranted.
IN another thread though you did admit to screaming "kick it forwards" wheich IMO was nearly as annoying as the booing

Oh and Im not sure where you were sitting but from Level 3 it was plainly obvious there were NOT loose players everywhere forward of the play in that last few minutes

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor