Big chance for Big Mac

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Big chance for Big Mac

Signs aren't looking good for Michael Gardiner. His Hammy was packed in ice today, so he'll probably miss at least one game. Fingers crossed he'll recover before September.

This will give young Ben McEvoy the best chance of his career, thus far, to show us what he's got.

Also, Kosi will get a little more time in the ruck, which is definietly not a bad thing, imo.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Big chance for Big Mac

Sainternist wrote:Signs aren't looking good for Michael Gardiner. His Hammy was packed in ice today, so he'll probably miss at least one game. Fingers crossed he'll recover before September.

This will give young Ben McEvoy the best chance of his career, thus far, to show us what he's got.

Also, Kosi will get a little more time in the ruck, which is definietly not a bad thing, imo.
mcevoy was excellent today, I I thought. His best game for us.

FQF
SS Life Member

I would say that it would be a straight swap Pattison for Gardiner until Gardi's ready to come back.

Stanley is too lean to be a ruckman, and Kosi is better than him in the forward line.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

18 hitouts, 2 goals, has to be his best game yet?

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Looking on the bright side, at least it happened four weeks our from finals so plenty of time to get things right. In the meantime, getting more game experience into Macca is a good thing especially if we see more efforts like today's.

stkfc1
Club Player

Can now see this kid will be a star for us.

I do believe it will be between him and Cyril as the choice picks of their draft.

Given our ruck situation, absolute kudos for the recruitment staff for their

decision.

Pleasing.

FQF
SS Life Member

stkfc1 wrote:Can now see this kid will be a star for us.

I do believe it will be between him and Cyril as the choice picks of their draft.

Given our ruck situation, absolute kudos for the recruitment staff for their decision.

Pleasing.
Big call.

Hope you're right.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:

Given our ruck situation, absolute kudos for the recruitment staff for their decision.

Pleasing.
Big call.

Hope you're right.
i think he is right. this guy's is going to be a gun. just a very intelligent footballer.

stkfc1
Club Player

FQF wrote:

Pleasing.
Big call.

Hope you're right.
I'm always right.

F.I.G.J.A.M 8-)

FQF
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
FQF wrote:

Pleasing.
Big call.

Hope you're right.
i think he is right. this guy's is going to be a gun. just a very intelligent footballer.
Harry Taylor was pick 17 in that draft. Patrick Dangerfield was 10.

Who knows really, but I am certainly impressed with McEvoy at the moment.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Saw his 1st games, i was sitting with his 2 aunties and they were snapping as many shots off as they could i think he had 1 touch for the night, a xhanked kick for goal. Who would of thought that the same young man was going to become the gun he is going to be. Love the Big Ben

FQF
SS Life Member

GoTheTorp wrote:Saw his 1st games, i was sitting with his 2 aunties and they were snapping as many shots off as they could i think he had 1 touch for the night, a xhanked kick for goal. Who would of thought that the same young man was going to become the gun he is going to be. Love the Big Ben
Ball went through his hands and smack on the head in his first attempt at a mark.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

FQF wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:Saw his 1st games, i was sitting with his 2 aunties and they were snapping as many shots off as they could i think he had 1 touch for the night, a xhanked kick for goal. Who would of thought that the same young man was going to become the gun he is going to be. Love the Big Ben
Ball went through his hands and smack on the head in his first attempt at a mark.
Thats the one and we all had a chuckle

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Unrelated to the OP but it sounds like Lynch' game last week :P

Fortius Quo Fidelius
GoTheTorp
Club Player

AccidentallyTim wrote:
Exactly! what has this got to do with Tommy Lynch other that one day he will dominate in his set role under Ross Lyon :wink:

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

GoTheTorp wrote:
AccidentallyTim wrote:
Exactly! what has this got to do with Tommy Lynch other that one day he will dominate in his set role under Ross Lyon :wink:
That's what I'm hoping for GTT

Fortius Quo Fidelius
FQF
SS Life Member

AccidentallyTim wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:
AccidentallyTim wrote:
That's what I'm hoping for GTT
If Lynch stayed in this week instead of Dempster he might have had a valuable confidence booster.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Probably a bigger chance for Stanley. If Stanley comes in and shades Kosi, could Kosi actually be dropped if MG returns. Pressure will really be on Kosi now and again today he was way below average.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Great game by the Grand Angus...but he needs to back it up next week against proper AFL-standard opposition.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

It might be a chance for Kosi to show that he can hold down a spot in the ruck and Stanley comes in to play in the forward line.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:It might be a chance for Kosi to show that he can hold down a spot in the ruck and Stanley comes in to play in the forward line.
And if Stanley plays well and Kosi is ordinary then Kosi is in trouble because he will not ruck in the finals if MG is back.

FQF
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:It might be a chance for Kosi to show that he can hold down a spot in the ruck and Stanley comes in to play in the forward line.
If that was on the cards you would have thought that Kosi would have been given at least 50% of ruck time after Gardi went down.

But he didn't play there very much at all.

(Even Blake went up for abit!)

And when he was there he did not set the world on fire... even remotely.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

From reports today Stan the man was being rucked, i was at the Saints game so dont know what the outcome was..

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
If that was on the cards you would have thought that Kosi would have been given at least 50% of ruck time after Gardi went down.

But he didn't play there very much at all.

(Even Blake went up for abit!)

And when he was there he did not set the world on fire... even remotely.
They might go Pattison in the ruck I guess.

Plugger, is Stanley physically ready to go up against the big ruckmen? Also, what is King's fitness status?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Given our ruck situation, absolute kudos for the recruitment staff for their

decision.

Pleasing.
Kruezer is a freak of a player...