Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: Kosi

Kosi has been called many things this year, but a directionless fish?
I like it but, where does the directionless fish come from ?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:While it would be a bonus, why does he have to pull out a blinder to retain his spot?

I believe the forward line would not have functioned so well without him in it yesterday, if you can mount a case that Roo, Milne and Schneider didn't benefit at all from him being there, then I am all ears.
I never wrote that he should be dropped. I asked if he had the capacity to put in one game out of the box. That was the question.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

It frustrates be enormously when the goal kicker gets interchanged.

No more so than yesterday.

Kosi positions himself well takes a strong mark and goals, players come from everywhere knowing how important it was to him.

but wait no time for high fives I have to get to the bench

ffs

for once in the game his confidence would have been flying, leave him out there and see what els he can do whilst up and about

ffs

stinger
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:It frustrates be enormously when the goal kicker gets interchanged.

Kosi positions himself well takes a strong mark and goals, players come from everywhere knowing how important it was to him.

ffs

for once in the game his confidence would have been flying, leave him out there and see what els he can do whilst up and about

ffs

plus one

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi

WinnersOnly wrote:
Kosi has been called many things this year, but a directionless fish?
I like it but, where does the directionless fish come from ?
Your post.

"lost sole"

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: but wait no time for high fives I have to get to the bench
Thank God there's no time for high fives, it's the best thing for our injury list...a brilliant tactical ploy :wink:

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

stinger wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:It frustrates be enormously when the goal kicker gets interchanged.

ffs

ffs

plus one

Kidding aren't you?? Obviously never seen the guy kick the first goal in about 6 matches, yet still do bugger all. I remember one game where he got two goals from a deliberate rush behind and from a Goddard free which was given up the ground to him, yet donuts again after that. He's done you idiots!!

The guy is hopeless. The guy only has to run into space or make a lead and he is picked for next week. I reckon if he touched the banner on the way out he would be BOG.

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:
stinger wrote:

ffs

ffs

plus one

Kidding aren't you?? Obviously never seen the guy kick the first goal in about 6 matches, yet still do bugger all. I remember one game where he got two goals from a deliberate rush behind and from a Goddard free which was given up the ground to him, yet donuts again after that. He's done you idiots!!

The guy is hopeless. The guy only has to run into space or make a lead and he is picked for next week. I reckon if he touched the banner on the way out he would be BOG.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Having said that; what a pile of crap!!!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I posted last week after that awful display against the bombers that it was time Kosi was given a run with Sandy. I posted my opinion NOT as part of an "anti Kosi" movement, but rather as a call for ACCOUNTABILITY for a players performance. I believe that Kosi has struggled to find form, but it does neither the player nor the club any good to accept that his output of late has been outstanding, and that a prospect like Rhys Stanley should simply "cool his heels" in the magoos while Justin searches for form. Having said all that, the coach has stuck with him and a 94 point win with Kosi in the side would appear to confirm the coaches wisdom over my ignorance? Time will tell and I'm prepared to give the guy my support while in the team.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I posted last week after that awful display against the bombers that it was time Kosi was given a run with Sandy. I posted my opinion NOT as part of an "anti Kosi" movement, but rather as a call for ACCOUNTABILITY for a players performance. I believe that Kosi has struggled to find form, but it does neither the player nor the club any good to accept that his output of late has been outstanding, and that a prospect like Rhys Stanley should simply "cool his heels" in the magoos while Justin searches for form. Having said all that, the coach has stuck with him and a 94 point win with Kosi in the side would appear to confirm the coaches wisdom over my ignorance? Time will tell and I'm prepared to give the guy my support while in the team.
Have a nice trip. You don't have to watch his ineptitude next week, do you?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Well Bernard, thanks for your good wishes. Cheers! I'm not going to dwell on the ineptitude of Kosi, but rather send him my hopes that a return to to form will take place. Its another game another opportunity for them ALL to get themselves right for finals!

Have a good one my friend!

Dave

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
degruch wrote:
supersaints wrote:I don't think Kossi has ever been the same since that hit he got from that dirty bulldog Geonserrasucker (whatever his name is). He seems not to be able to judge anything.....
Except he was playing his career best footy mid last year.
You must have missed his Brownlow Streak...

But yes he did have some good games last year, but I think even then it was less that what he was once upon a time.
Line ball IMO. He's also older than he was 5 years ago. I don't reckon there's enough of a difference between 2005 Kosi and 2009 Kosi to say getting a crack on the head somewhere in between has ruined his career.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
degruch wrote:
supersaints wrote:I don't think Kossi has ever been the same since that hit he got from that dirty bulldog Geonserrasucker (whatever his name is). He seems not to be able to judge anything.....

But yes he did have some good games last year, but I think even then it was less that what he was once upon a time.
Line ball IMO. He's also older than he was 5 years ago. I don't reckon there's enough of a difference between 2005 Kosi and 2009 Kosi to say getting a crack on the head somewhere in between has ruined his career.
Long term amnesia?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I guess it comes down to the fact if people thought he worked hard or not, because as one of the footy shows pointed out....he was a inside 50 target only twice, and I think we remember both of those occasions.

In contrast Roo received it 10 times, it's not hard to do the maths who is going to have the better output as far as score contribution.

Perhaps his form has led to the guys not hitting him up, however it's up to him to keep working hard and earn their trust back over the next few weeks.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
degruch wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
degruch wrote:

Long term amnesia?
Kosi? Me? Or both?

He didn't bump his head over Christmas by any chance?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
degruch wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
degruch wrote:

Long term amnesia?
Kosi? Me? Or both?

He didn't bump his head over Christmas by any chance?
Only #23, could have bumped his head at Christmas, but I bumped mine yesterday and can still see the ball.

RooyForPresident
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Can we win a premiership with Kosi "just playing his roll".
No we cant :(

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

RooyForPresident wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Can we win a premiership with Kosi "just playing his roll".
No we cant :(
And yet last year we almost did. :wink:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Eastern wrote:I find it interesting that no-one has yet brought up the courage Kosi showed in that marking contest (for which he should have received a free kick for high contact) right on the quarter time siren. Many of his team-mates appeared to be appreciative of his effort as they headed for the huddle !!
There goes my "not watching the ball" theory. He didn't take his eye off it and got pole-axed for it. No free kick either. Too much courage for his own good.
That attempted mark looked very courageous but to me it just showed what little vision Kosi has. Rooy would have seen someone coming at him and moved his body to protect the ball and would have taken an easy mark. Kosi had no idea someone was there and was lucky bot to get badly injured.
This has to be the worst post Ive ever seen. If this isnt clutching at straws to put Kosi down I dont know what is. FFS the guy ran back with the flight with his only focuss the ball and you still have the nerve to gutlessly pot him.
Last edited by CURLY on Tue 10 Aug 2010 12:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:

Aaaahhh Rod. 170-odd posts and pretty much all of them vitriolic sprays about how s*** things are.

So the 'Raph's to blame/kick it long/boo the keepings off when we're 94 up' kind it's not funny...

Actually, that's overstating his quality...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Eastern wrote:I find it interesting that no-one has yet brought up the courage Kosi showed in that marking contest ...
... He didn't take his eye off it and got pole-axed for it. No free kick either. Too much courage for his own good.
That attempted mark looked very courageous but to me it just showed what little vision Kosi has. Rooy would have seen someone coming at him and moved his body to protect the ball and would have taken an easy mark. Kosi had no idea someone was there and was lucky bot to get badly injured.
Well it might be quite hard to have perfect vision when running back with the flight of the ball - he would have known someone was coming - it did take a lot of courage :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
noob
Club Player

It's hard to believe but he actually polled 11 brownlow votes last year.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

noob wrote:It's hard to believe but he actually polled 11 brownlow votes last year.
It's really not that hard to believe. Before he split the webbing in his hand about round 16 last year he'd had a quite decent year, with some very good games indeed. I don't think he's been the same player since he came back from that injury.

savatage
SS Life Member

St DAC wrote:
noob wrote:It's hard to believe but he actually polled 11 brownlow votes last year.
It's really not that hard to believe. Before he split the webbing in his hand about round 16 last year he'd had a quite decent year, with some very good games indeed. I don't think he's been the same player since he came back from that injury.
This is not having a go at what you just wrote - but I don't understand how a split webbing in the hand affected his ability to run to contests. He was literally standing around in the finals & his second efforts this year have been completely below par.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I saw Kosi being taken through the Victory room by an official during a game earlier this year when he was suspended. i was watching him and he stopped to say hello to someone and he turned back to walk off with the official and he stumbled and nearly fell over. I thought to myself: "oh, gord". He appears to be a natutral unco at times.

He is frustraing but I still love him though. I hope he has a big one in him when it counts....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.