I'm not convinced

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint64
Club Player

Considering it was against our bogey team, it was a pretty bl**dy good effort :)

python
Club Player

Same sort of thing happened last year. Despite being 7-0 or so looking back on the performances of some clubs (bulldogs, magpies etc) against saints footy had many believe that saints had caught a lot of their opponents on an off night. As the winning streak developed into 19, it became clear that when saints footy is played at it's very best, the teams facing it look very ordinary. Whether it be due to form, getting reused to Riewoldt or Ross holding some cards to his chest, our gamestyle has appeared different in the weeks leading to the port game. Could also be because we were getting belted but I'm not so sure. It was back yesterday though, and I'm really not surprised port were made to look terrible, it's a byproduct of our game style.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saint64 wrote:Considering it was against our bogey team, it was a pretty bl**dy good effort :)
I agree, I was expecting something much closer. However, if we can repeat a few beltings in the next couple weeks, I'll be much happier.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

If we had a Full Back & a Full Forward we would win it !

If we had a Full Back & a Full Forward who were reasonably competent we would win it !

Our backline looks heaps more competent without Dawson but RL will bring the f.....n gumby back when fit. Plus he wont change Kosi who has been poor all year hence we are just making up the numbers.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

That was our best effort this year at the right time of the season. Very hard to criticise an effort like that. Port have been a good side under Primus and have a bit of focus. What ever they did down at Moorabbin has worked, we looked re motivated. Another effort like that is needed and will keep the players spirits up going into the finals.

That was 4 quarters of sustained commitment, something that has not really happened in 2010. Can't wait for next week.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

How can anyone be convinced?

Another opportunity awaits!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:How can anyone be convinced?
Collingwood are convinced. Let them remain so.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
noob
Club Player

what i am convinced about is that port probably made the team believe again. Should see more confidence based on how they can actually play with a positive mindset. Port only got goals if we overused the handball or played around with it without just going forward.
A lot of the time when a saints player got the ball there was always someone running next to them so they were able to play on.
Best attacking game i've seen from the saints for a long while.

saint3d
Club Player

Moccha wrote:How can anyone be convinced?
Good point. The season's final siren will be convincing. Everything until then is speculation.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It was a good start and that's all that can be said at this stage. I would like to see them do this for at least three weeks before I am convinced. That sounds a bit silly but hope you all know what I mean.

This weeks game is a real danger game.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

You guys won't be happy until we finish last and go on a sacking rampage then you can tell us all you were right all along.

Enjoy the ride, we may get there we may stumble, I would still rather be where we are now than most of my years of supporting the saints have seen us placed. Every other team in the top end of the ladder are in the same boat. There needs to be a lot go right to even get to a grand final. I am proud that in a year of controversy and distraction they keep on rolling on.

If it was the decisions made by us forum folk that held sway at moorabin, we would have dumped half the team and played the kids after 2 losses.