Final ladder permutations

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Week 1: Geelong
Jones to Ablett
Baker to Johnson
They've got nothing!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
3:16 wrote:Plan has always been to finish anywhere in the top four, won't matter whom we play, if where on top of our game, we'll win!!!!!

Geelong = not the happiest place in the world right now (player harmony not what it should be)!!!!!

Collingwood= no real serious threat to us (when we're on our game) Let'em dream, taking the heat off us ( blokes like: Davis, Thomas, Cloke & Leigh Brown, will not get a touch in finals), Ball still can not hit a target and the reason Swan gets it alot, is that he's kicking doesn't hurt the opponent, so they put time into young nobbie(Pendlebury) instead!!!!!

As for Didak, free to roam last time, will have Bakes to worry about next time, expect to see his kicks (if he gets any) from about Row J, cause he'll be running tha wide!!!!!

Bulldogs= not a serious challenger (career bridesmaids)!!!!!

If we play to our potential, we'll win it, put it this way, that person whom put $500,000 on us, is very confident and very well in the know!!!!!

Balls ( not Luke)strongly in our court, won't make the same mistake twice!!!!!
May as well give us the flag then. I dont think it is that simple. Go onother clubs site and they would be saying negatives about us and rightly so. We can win it but 3rd or 4th favourite is where we are at at the moment.

I reckon a player would be in the know more than whoever put 500k on us and if they were allowed to bet and had the money they wouldnt be stupid enough to put that much on side what ever they knew because they also know the other sides are a huge chance.
Sorry for the positivity then, hope it doesn't bring you out in a rash!!!!!

You don't have to be smart to play footy, so don't quote player smartness, just check the papers at the moment, to see how smart some of our players are when it comes to social issues!!!!!

I'm happy with our chances, even if your not!!!!!
Who said i am not happy. Lets not discus the GF. Lets just right the other sides are crap and we will win the GF. Hand us the trophy now. What a waste the last Saturday in September is. I'm not going as I will be lining up to see us at federation square after we win it. I feel so much more positive now.

Its called a realistic discussion not just a couple a paragraphs saying how the other sides have no hope. By the way I dont understand what the players being smart has to do with anything I wrote. I just said they wouldnt be that stupid even though they would be more in the know than the punter is.

3:16
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
3:16 wrote:Plan has always been to finish anywhere in the top four, won't matter whom we play, if where on top of our game, we'll win!!!!!

Geelong = not the happiest place in the world right now (player harmony not what it should be)!!!!!

Collingwood= no real serious threat to us (when we're on our game) Let'em dream, taking the heat off us ( blokes like: Davis, Thomas, Cloke & Leigh Brown, will not get a touch in finals), Ball still can not hit a target and the reason Swan gets it alot, is that he's kicking doesn't hurt the opponent, so they put time into young nobbie(Pendlebury) instead!!!!!

As for Didak, free to roam last time, will have Bakes to worry about next time, expect to see his kicks (if he gets any) from about Row J, cause he'll be running tha wide!!!!!

If we play to our potential, we'll win it, put it this way, that person whom put $500,000 on us, is very confident and very well in the know!!!!!

May as well give us the flag then. I dont think it is that simple. Go onother clubs site and they would be saying negatives about us and rightly so. We can win it but 3rd or 4th favourite is where we are at at the moment.

I reckon a player would be in the know more than whoever put 500k on us and if they were allowed to bet and had the money they wouldnt be stupid enough to put that much on side what ever they knew because they also know the other sides are a huge chance.

You don't have to be smart to play footy, so don't quote player smartness, just check the papers at the moment, to see how smart some of our players are when it comes to social issues!!!!!

Who said i am not happy. Lets not discus the GF. Lets just right the other sides are crap and we will win the GF. Hand us the trophy now. What a waste the last Saturday in September is. I'm not going as I will be lining up to see us at federation square after we win it. I feel so much more positive now.

Its called a realistic discussion not just a couple a paragraphs saying how the other sides have no hope. By the way I dont understand what the players being smart has to do with anything I wrote. I just said they wouldnt be that stupid even though they would be more in the know than the punter is.
Realistic is this: Geelong players not as happy as they could be. FACT

Collingwood: has too many players whom have proven they don't perform in sept FACT

Bulldogs: Not good enough to win it FACT

I'd didn't say they are crap, I said, if we play to our potential, then we win!!!!!

Maybe you should come out of your closet!!!!! (Collingwood Closet)

Your opinion though, that's okay, but I just feel we could do with more positive here!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I disagree Swans kicking doesn't hurt the opposition, and that's why he is left alone. It probably has more to do with the fact he is a burst player, and uses the bench an awful lot.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

If Geelong beat the Bullies this weekend and we beat North then you would be confident in saying that we will have the Cats first up

Loser out of 2nd and 3rd will play the winner out of 6th and 7th which at this stage most likely will be either Carlton, Sydney or Hawthorn

Going by last year the 2nd v 3rd qualifying final was played Saturday afternoon at the G - in 2008 and 2007 it was played on the Friday night - it is anyones guess as to what the AFL will decide re: finals fixtures this year

Confident we can beat the Cats first up!! :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

plugger66 is a closet demon

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Collingwood: has too many players whom have proven they don't perform in sept FACT

I'd didn't say they are crap, I said, if we play to our potential, then we win!!!!!

Your opinion though, that's okay, but I just feel we could do with more positive here!!!!!
How can you say the Bulldogs are not good enough to win it as a FACT?

It's a ridiculous proposition.

No one knows. They haven't played the 2010 GF. No one has.

Do you own a crystal ball?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Finna
Club Player

ChicagoSaint wrote:Week 1: Geelong
Jones to Ablett
Baker to Johnson
They've got nothing!
Chapman?

Something happened in the GF last year if I recall......

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Ladder predictors are for those who get 8 every week. I aint one of them.
:wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Finna wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:Week 1: Geelong
Jones to Ablett
Baker to Johnson
They've got nothing!
Chapman?

Something happened in the GF last year if I recall......
On Chapman: Gone! Is no longer the extra number through the midfield.
Has lost more than a yard and if entered into the midfield it's knee, string - and GONE!
Not the same player in 2010 as he has been in 07, 08, 09.
Geelong now hold no mystery there unless they rotate Varcoe.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

....love your post...
hope you are right..got a sneaky suspicion that you are on the money...... :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:

i believe that the cats are playing up to six injured players each week.....can't be good for 'em....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Club Player

stinger wrote:

....love your post...
hope you are right..got a sneaky suspicion that you are on the money...... :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:

i believe that the cats are playing up to six injured players each week.....can't be good for 'em....
Careful, not too much positivity, you'll get shot down :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Club Player

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Would ya like a reading?????

They are not good enough to win it, they beat teams they should beat, and lose to the others!!!!! FACT!!!!!

yipper
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Would ya like a reading?????

They are not good enough to win it, they beat teams they should beat, and lose to the others!!!!! FACT!!!!!
Hey stonecold, good to see ya back on here. I am with you champ. Just think we are building nicely, still making a few blews here and there - but steadily putting it together. Come September, reckon the Red, White and Black will be just firing on all cylinders - especially No. 12. It is game on, look out this could get exciting.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Love your thoughts Tim.

On WBD
Boyd Born Bridesmaid
Callan Useless
Cooney Dumb
Cross Downhill Skier
Giansiracusa Grub
Gilbee see Giansiracusa
Grant Green
Griffen Over-rated
Hahn see Callan, Injured?
Hall Sniper
Harbrow Injured? On outer.
Hargrave Handy
Higgins Pretty Boy Born Bridesmaid
Hill see Callan
Hudson get a Haircut
Johnson Please...
Lake Elite Backman
Moles Green
Morris Handy

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

You can make a case for every team but all top four teams can beat each other on their day hence anyone could conceivably win this years flag.

Both Robert Shaw and Martin Pyke on SEN said that it is too close to pick.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Both Robert Shaw and Martin Pyke on SEN said that it is too close to pick.
perhaps rafael nadal should listen to SEN

spert
Saintsational Legend

Simple -Our forwards let us down in the GF last year, and although we missed a few sitters in front of goal, we had most of the forwards not contributing. We will not win a flag if the CHF and FF are not in the thick of the action, as happened to us in the GF 09.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Simple -Our forwards let us down in the GF last year, and although we missed a few sitters in front of goal, we had most of the forwards not contributing. We will not win a flag if the CHF and FF are not in the thick of the action, as happened to us in the GF 09.
Our mids were pretty lousy kicks too. I would have thought the GF nerves would have disappeared after the first 20 minutes or so (during which we probably missed about 4 shots), but unfortunately, continued for the whole game.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
spert wrote:Simple -Our forwards let us down in the GF last year, and although we missed a few sitters in front of goal, we had most of the forwards not contributing. We will not win a flag if the CHF and FF are not in the thick of the action, as happened to us in the GF 09.
Our mids were pretty lousy kicks too. I would have thought the GF nerves would have disappeared after the first 20 minutes or so (during which we probably missed about 4 shots), but unfortunately, continued for the whole game.
Notwithsatnding lousy execution, conditions were lousy. It was quite windy...and wet.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:Realistic is this: Geelong players not as happy as they could be. FACT

sounds a lot like hawthorn in 08 and that seemed to work for them.

i'm not sure you quite understand what the word "fact" actually means.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
3:16 wrote:Realistic is this: Geelong players not as happy as they could be. FACT

sounds a lot like hawthorn in 08 and that seemed to work for them.

i'm not sure you quite understand what the word "fact" actually means.
take it easy *rolls* for the record i share the view of 3:16. opinion and FACT are not always mutually exclusive.
look at the dogs' record. they've been to the big dance twice in their history and not since 1961. they have proven themselves to be the least successful victorian team in the modern era.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:look at the dogs' record. they've been to the big dance twice in their history and not since 1961. they have proven themselves to be the least successful victorian team in the modern era.
that's the same logic which many supporters use to "prove" that st kilda can't win it - one premiership and just six grand finals in 113 years.

if you think that either st kilda or footscray's form in the seventies and eighties (or earlier) has any bearing on their chances of winning a premiership this year then you're a moron.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:look at the dogs' record. they've been to the big dance twice in their history and not since 1961. they have proven themselves to be the least successful victorian team in the modern era.
that's the same logic which many supporters use to "prove" that st kilda can't win it - one premiership and just six grand finals in 113 years.

if you think that either st kilda or footscray's form in the seventies and eighties (or earlier) has any bearing on their chances of winning a premiership this year then you're a moron.
would they be the same "supporters" from clubs that are younger than st kilda?

simply put, they are the least professional club in victoria, historically.
however, leaving that argument to one side for a moment i honestly believe that they don't have the cattle.

as a club they don't even have a recognised geographical identity.

if you read back over the thread you'll recognise there is a belief that the western bulldogs are (and I am sure that 3:16 will agree) impotent, poorly administrated and pretentious.

they 'HAD' a shot this season. now they have nothing. they are making up the numbers. when they sacked aker they lost the only shot they had. now they have nothing. they are a team of losers. they are scared to win.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I had a dream last night that we beat Collingwood in the GF, and they only managed to kick 2 18 30....seriously, the scoreboard was so vivid 8-)