Eddy v Swan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Eddy would make a far better Treasurer than Swan.

Vote 1 - Eddy

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

How does another troll get this far?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
resaintlee
Club Player

My tip is Eddy will be there for the finals. Remember he was dropped for Dempster in the Grand Final. That kept his long record of not playing in a losing team intact. Does anyone know when or if he last played in a losing Saints team?

resaintlee
Club Player

He'd almost certainly make a better Treasurer than Hockey.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I think we should tag everyone and hope the ball gets pushed our way on the wind so someone can toe poke it through.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
spert
Saintsational Legend

Eddy's role will be in the forward line, as one of our weaknessess has been a lack of a stonger half forward flanker who can take a contested mark and chip in with a couple of goals. I dont reckon RL will use him as a tagger.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I have never seen him shut down any clearance player at the Saints.
In previous years it hasn't been necessary. We had Hayes and Balls clearly on top of clearances in most games.

This year our clearances have been way down, and Collingwood's have been one of their greatest weapons.

A unique situation calls for innovation.

But what proof is there to say he can do it? You dont start doing those things in either a prelim or GF.
Were was the proof Shane Ellen could play full forward before the 97 GrandFinal?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Were was the proof Shane Ellen could play full forward before the 97 GrandFinal?
once in fourteen years doesn't exactly make a proven trend, even if it's an instance we recall very well.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:Were was the proof Shane Ellen could play full forward before the 97 GrandFinal?
once in fourteen years doesn't exactly make a proven trend, even if it's an instance we recall very well.
Theres plenty of examples of players being used in differant roles come finals time. We often wont pick up the early signs of such moves during a season as it might be 10 minutes on players during a quarter or maybe the last half of a dead match up back or forward.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Theres plenty of examples of players being used in differant roles come finals time. We often wont pick up the early signs of such moves during a season as it might be 10 minutes on players during a quarter or maybe the last half of a dead match up back or forward.
So you honestly think that Eddy is a chance for Swan in a prelim or GF?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
So Bartel tagging Hayes after quarter time in the 2009 Grand Final was a predictable move by Geelong?

I'm sure you could find a number of instances where 'unpredictable moves' have/haven't paid off in grand finals besides the Ellen one.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

swan is not quiker than our entire list
rhys would blitz him

jones to swan

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
So you honestly think that Eddy is a chance for Swan in a prelim or GF?
Honestly it wouldnt be out of the question. If Eddy has as bigger tank as reported maybe a full tag can be placed on Swan remember most sides only tag him in the forward half as he gets a lot of backwards ball.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
bergholt wrote:
So Bartel tagging Hayes after quarter time in the 2009 Grand Final was a predictable move by Geelong?

I'm sure you could find a number of instances where 'unpredictable moves' have/haven't paid off in grand finals besides the Ellen one.
Please dont tell me because a person on here suggests a move that there is even a slight chance of this happening. Firstly Eddy isnt a midfielder and secondly he is probably less than a 50 % chance to play. Bartel was moved to Hayes because Bartel is a champion and Hayes was killing them. Why didnt Stokes go to Hayes? Because he wouldnt be able to do the role. Moves can happen that are unexpected but Eddy to Swan just will not happen and from what I can see there is not 1% of evidence to suggest that move is on the cards.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bergholt wrote:

Please dont tell me because a person on here suggests a move that there is even a slight chance of this happening. Firstly Eddy isnt a midfielder and secondly he is probably less than a 50 % chance to play. Bartel was moved to Hayes because Bartel is a champion and Hayes was killing them. Why didnt Stokes go to Hayes? Because he wouldnt be able to do the role. Moves can happen that are unexpected but Eddy to Swan just will not happen and from what I can see there is not 1% of evidence to suggest that move is on the cards.
Theres no evidence to say that it defanatly wont happen either. Who knows other than the coaching staff what will transpire from now untill the next time we meet.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bergholt wrote:

Theres no evidence to say that it defanatly wont happen either. Who knows other than the coaching staff what will transpire from now untill the next time we meet.
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest Zac will not rove either but what slight evidence have we seen from the coaching panel that will happen or Eddy could play on Swan apart from someone on here mentioning it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:...and from what I can see there is not 1% of evidence to suggest that move is on the cards.
So since when has that been a prerequisite for a thread or even a post? :?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bergholt wrote:

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest Zac will not rove either but what slight evidence have we seen from the coaching panel that will happen or Eddy could play on Swan apart from someone on here mentioning it.
To me I would of thought it wasnt worth being negative about as you seem to be. The OP started the thread asking if it was a chance Eddy could play on Swan in which theres absolute correct answer from were we sit. If you want to be a knob and pot everything thats put up go ahead.

d roit
Club Player

Re: Eddy v Swan

FQF wrote:Speed has never been a strength of Swan's, so Eddy's shortcoming in that area wouldn't be a worry.
Swan is unbelievably quick. Dont let the cameras fool you, he is one of the quickest players in the league.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bergholt wrote:

plugster, I was merely pointing out that unpredictable moves other then the 'once in fourteen years' have occured as recently as last year.
I didn't post an opinion one way or another as to whether I could/would/should predict such an unpredictable move as others are predicting.

If I was to post an opinion at to whether the unpredicatable move of Eddy on to Swan wqould occur, then I would think that there is more likeliehood of other unpredictable moves occuring than that matchup.

Things maybe like BJ lining up forward on Easykick Maxwell and us playing through BJ. until easykick goes back to paying respect to his opponent and stops zoning off.

But given that we're now raising these moves does that equate to them no longer being unpredictable if/when they occur becasue we've predicted them?