Djerrkura

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StNoodles
Club Player

Djerrkura

good evasive skills, great pace... and a 'model citizen' to boot...

could fit in nicely...

anyone seen much of him?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/n ... 5910125091

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Only saw him as a youngster, playing at Scotch with Cyril Rioli, those two were dominant. Djerrkura and Nick Smith (sydney) in the middle, with cyril up forward, not many teams could match them up very well.

Definitly a talented guy, worth a look.

Carpe Diem
StNoodles
Club Player

cheers unforgiven! how's his pace compared with cyril?

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

very very similar, hard to compare him to cyril now. In terms of pace, back in the day there wasn't much seperating them, and they we're clearly quicker than everyone else out there.

Djerrkura had pretty good draft camp results by memory as well, was top 10 on a lot of the categories, and 2nd overall in 20m sprint I think it might have been.

Carpe Diem
StNoodles
Club Player

sounds like a top prospect... i'm sure we'll be looking at him closely

footynut
Club Player

I think he looks like exactly the type of player we are looking for. Could play HHF, and if he proves himself to be an effective line breaker or ball magnet with goot skills could push into the mid field.

We should offer Geelong a second round pick 4 him. I think they will let him go, to benifit him; as well have a good history of cooperating during trade week to achieve the best out come for the players involved (unlike the Pies).

older saint
SS Life Member

footynut wrote:I think he looks like exactly the type of player we are looking for. Could play HHF, and if he proves himself to be an effective line breaker or ball magnet with goot skills could push into the mid field.

We should offer Geelong a second round pick 4 him. I think they will let him go, to benifit him; as well have a good history of cooperating during trade week to achieve the best out come for the players involved (unlike the Pies).
Must remember in the past Geelong had salary cap pressure . That will notbe there when G Ablett moves north saving them $500,000+ per season

Bardon Saint
Club Player

if he was to play for us round one next year, who's spot would he take? Would he make the final 22?
Last edited by Bardon Saint on Thu 26 Aug 2010 6:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

FQF
SS Life Member

So far the most likely delisted name that has come up on the forum.

Sounds very promising.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Gun.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

just the kind of player we want. id take him in a heartbeat.

p.s why would we look at tarrant? we have an ageing list already and tall backs is one area we are doing ok in. Lets save the money for kids and develop simpkin and miles please.

sax
Club Player

Bardon Saint wrote:if he was to play for us round one next year, who's spot would he take? Would he make the final 22?
Brett Peake, Jarryn Geary, Andrew McQualtar, David Armitage, Luke Miles!
There's five I think he could replace!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Tarrant is a loser - according to Coll ppl I know.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:Tarrant is a loser - according to Coll ppl I know.
I thought he had been at Freo for 3 years.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i would never admit to knowing fith supporters,,,,*

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saintersss
Club Player

Such an overated player. People always assume he just can't a game, because he is at Geelong. Yet, many first year players this year have still got games (Duncan, Menzel).
Has poor disposal as well. Do we need another poor disposal speedster? Although, he is a very good tackler, which I guess fits very well with how St Kilda play.

Wouldn't go after him, although he does have some potential about him.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

yes please.

young has pace and was highly rated at Cats but just tough to carck it for a game and we need to bolster our run/midfield.

yes please.

“Yeah….nah””
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

He only became a 'loser' once he left the Flth.
Before that he was a 'champion' for them.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:if he was to play for us round one next year, who's spot would he take? Would he make the final 22?
He'd go bloody close.

Although my exposure to both players has been patchy, I'd probably prefer of a player of Djerrkura's abilities than the dude in your avatar if I were really harshly honest.

Good tackler, verstatile, quick, strong, discipilned, disposal of average quality, but then again prob above par for most of our boys !!

Pretty potent defensive fwd option and mid rotation in the right side I'd reckon.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

sounds like a future gun....

no chance of us getting him then

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
He'd go bloody close.

Although my exposure to both players has been patchy, I'd probably prefer of a player of Djerrkura's abilities than the dude in your avatar if I were really harshly honest.

Good tackler, verstatile, quick, strong, discipilned, disposal of average quality, but then again prob above par for most of our boys !!

Pretty potent defensive fwd option and mid rotation in the right side I'd reckon.
Sure, but outside of the dude in my avatar who isn't in the current best 22 anyway, who would he really displace? Another poster listed 5 other players. If that is the case, and he cannot make the best 22 for the cats, then our depth must be rubbish. Would that make him the 17th best player on the saints list yet he is the 23-27th best on the cats list? He'd have to come a long way in the pre-season before lining up for the saints round 1, 2011.
Last edited by Bardon Saint on Sat 28 Aug 2010 1:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saintersss
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
He'd go bloody close.

He's now been on the Geelong list for 4 years to have played a total of 4 games, yet players like Hogan, Duncan and Hunt have played more despite being the list for not as long. And they all play a fairly similar position. Maybe he has been injured, but there is a reason he isn't getting a game, heck even another first year player Menzel starting getting games late in the year.

Good tackler, thats about it. Wouldn't trade any pick under 65 for him.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Can't work out why he does't play more if he is any good. Has been there for years and hasn't got many goes. Henry Playfair was a bit the same never got going but highly rated.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

gringo wrote:Can't work out why he does't play more if he is any good. Has been there for years and hasn't got many goes.
Varcoe, Stokes, Burns, Johnson, Chapman, Ablett etc etc.

Pretty hard to break into that line-up.