just dumb football

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

just dumb football

what more can you say....dumb...dumb...dumb.....f****** disgraceful actually........what do they think is going to happen if they keep putting the football back in the oppositions 50 ffs.......f***..i'm angry..... :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Collingwood would be licking their lips at the prospect of playing us in 3 weeks time. A bye against the Bulldogs next week, then the week off, then most likely us doing this sort of stuff, against them, the following week.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
derby Street
Club Player

Re: just dumb football

stinger wrote:what more can you say....dumb...dumb...dumb.....f****** disgraceful actually........what do they think is going to happen if they keep putting the football back in the oppositions 50 ffs.......f***..i'm angry..... :evil: :evil:
So very true. I am still trying to work out how we could try and win the game when we persisted (or insisted) in playing most of the game in our back half. Damn handball to kick ratio ..... geez don't get me started.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

The game style we played today is nothing like how we have played the last 3 weeks & is nothing like how we will play next month. I actually thought it was quite smart of Ross Lyon to minimise our injury risks in a dead rubber.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

that's it though...they never actually tried to win the f****** game.... :evil:

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

What difference would it have made to anything that matters?

battye
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:The game style we played today is nothing like how we have played the last 3 weeks & is nothing like how we will play next month. I actually thought it was quite smart of Ross Lyon to minimise our injury risks in a dead rubber.
I agree, it did seem like a ploy. I am sure we didn't intend to lose, but RL probably won't be losing sleep over it not paying off?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:that's it though...they never actually tried to win the f****** game.... :evil:
Like Freo this week, it will all be judged on next week.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
stinger
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:The game style we played today is nothing like how we have played the last 3 weeks & is nothing like how we will play next month. I actually thought it was quite smart of Ross Lyon to minimise our injury risks in a dead rubber.

nah.....i think ross is as pissed off as i am......even more so it seems....

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Our plan is coming together beautifully :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
kalsaint
Club Player

Its unlikely that a change in fiorm and return to a positive game plan will be enabled in 1 week against better opposition.
\
Last 5 weeks have just reinforced bad performance and game structures.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Well if we win next week, RL will be a genius, if we lose and lose badly, this club will be savaged.
I thought tonight would have been a good tune up game to try and see if we can break lines, to try some new attacking moves and tactics.
Not play real safe, scared lack lustre football.
We will see next week.
Mind you don't think we'd be impressed having a 6 day break after an interstate twilight game.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
SaintWal
Club Player

The injury to Sam Fisher changed the gamestyle completely. Just look back at Roo's game. Pulled up short on a lead in the second and then did not fly for at least two pack marks in the last. This game was all about next week. If we had of played the Eagles we also would have won by 30 odd points

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

New season next week, dont despair yet

stinger
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Well if we win next week, RL will be a genius, if we lose and lose badly, this club will be savaged.
I thought tonight would have been a good tune up game to try and see if we can break lines, to try some new attacking moves and tactics.
agree with you 100%

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Mind you don't think we'd be impressed having a 6 day break after an interstate twilight game
maybe you just answered your own question

SaintWal
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:Well if we win next week, RL will be a genius, if we lose and lose badly, this club will be savaged.
We will see next week.
Mind you don't think we'd be impressed having a 6 day break after an interstate twilight game.
What did we do for the last two games before today?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:The injury to Sam Fisher changed the gamestyle completely. Just look back at Roo's game. Pulled up short on a lead in the second and then did not fly for at least two pack marks in the last. This game was all about next week. If we had of played the Eagles we also would have won by 30 odd points
Cats flat as a tack for a half against the wooden spooners (and the worst team in years) at the Cattery of all places.

Crooked kicking Pies beaten by Hawthorn.

St Kilda playing keepings off when 20pts down.

Seeing a pattern here?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

But we saw what Adelaide did last week and what Collingwood does, tonight would have been a good night to try things that can break the lines and get beghind the forward press. Persionally I think it is moving the ball quickly and decisevly with long accurate kicks to players getting behind the wall.
Would like to see Dal and BJ play on from kick outs and go long to Gardi, Big Mac or Kosi, whose instructions would be too mark it if confident, or belt the ball forward to players who can run onto it.
We had one positive move forward tonight when Geary kicked which was our last goal.
Seems funny but when we do move the ball quickly into our forwards, we tend to score, just can't understand why this idea doesn't sink in.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

I still wonder - why take over all our best players for a game we clearly didn't care much about? Surely what we saw today was flirting with form as much as not playing our top guys at all.

That said, I don't really care. Form is only bad until it's good, and it can turn around without any notice. I suspect having a big game against the Cats will be as much of a wake up call as we need.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
stinger
Saintsational Legend

maybe the boys put their hoiiday money on the crows....certainly looked like it for the whole 4th quarter.....

Middo
Club Player

[quote="AnythingsPossibleSaints"]Collingwood would be licking their lips at the prospect of playing us in 3 weeks time. A bye against the Bulldogs next week, then the week off, then most likely us doing this sort of stuff, against them, the following week

little faith in our guys hope your posting next week when we beat the Cats .

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
saint-stu
Club Player

Is this a joke?

Last week, every time the saints took a mark, they played on immediately.

This week, every time the saints took a mark, they stopped, looked around, then kicked backwards or sideways.

SaintWal
Club Player

saint-stu wrote:
Is this a joke?

Last week, every time the saints took a mark, they played on immediately.

This week, every time the saints took a mark, they stopped, looked around, then kicked backwards or sideways.
You misunderstood my reply. In the last two matches we played on non stop and came into the corridor every time. I read nothing into todays game as per my comments on Roo earlier in the thread

The Sainter
Club Player

Regardless of our poor effort today there were some worrying signs with the finals coming up.Yes I know our 2 small forwards will make a big difference but our skills are terrible at times . Gilbert is a good player but a very poor kick as is Jones often missing easy targets and neither has a right foot to kick on when in trouble. Blake is a goer but often lets himself and the team down with poor decision making. Dawson has trouble keeping his feet in a contest and seems to have no idea how to stop a ball bouncing towards opposition goals, in fact he at times doesn't get a hand to them even when right next to it. We also handball so often to a player who is covered when we have the chance to quickly kick long to our forward line.