Gwilt free (youtube link)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I was just focused on the scoreboard, waiting for it to click over, and it didn't....

undecided
Club Player

walski wrote:
donthglfa wrote:
Thank you...I had no idea at the game

you tube link
wow first time I've seen it and I can't see what the controversy is all about.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Clearly a free, but at such a crucial time.

If I were a Cat I'd be angry. But I'm not. So I don't care. And for Cats that bleat, i say a) Dawson rushed one earlier that was paid a goal and b) GF last year...ummmm....Tomahawk's poster anyone????

Fact is too they got a couple of tiggy touchwoods in the second half and if we are honest we missed a massive swag of relatively straightforward kicks that would have iced it much earlier.

But the tension. OH the tension.... :D

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
mullet
Saintsational Legend

The umpire didnt even know that a goal had been kicked he was too busy paying the free. He had blown his whistle and whatever happened afterwards was irrelevant. Was actually good umpiring in the way he was focussed on paying the free , he paid what he saw and was quick to pay it, Ling of course played on and he was not at fault for that. Mooney on the otherhand was deflecting the fact he had cost his team.

markp
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:So the Mooney 'goal' was only contentious, but the Gwilt free was controversial?
You're learning! :wink:

The controversy arises from the fact that historically in situations like this St Kilda are usually dudded, and no one (outside of St Kilda) really gives a sh!t... so it's highly controversial that we were not screwed over in this instance.

The reality is it was a free every day of the week, and we should've got a 50... and yeah, Mooney was awarded a f****** goal that came off Dawson's f****** fist.

So f*** em. :D

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Had Mooney not have illegally tackled Gwilt, Ling would not even have got the ball! Suck on that Cats!
There was quite a bit of Geelong sooky sooky throughout the game esp Ablett in the second qtr when Goddard stole *his* ball. haha

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.