McEvoy point

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spyglass
Club Player

McEvoy point

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier but I couldn't see it anywhere.

Big Mac took a mark near the point post on the MCC members side. He then kicked what was given as a point. However myself and others around me had a view from behind him and to us it looked like a goal.

Did anyone else have a similar view and thing the same? or did the TV angle show that it was a point and maybe we were wrong?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: McEvoy point

spyglass wrote:Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier but I couldn't see it anywhere.

Big Mac took a mark near the point post on the MCC members side. He then kicked what was given as a point. However myself and others around me had a view from behind him and to us it looked like a goal.

Did anyone else have a similar view and thing the same? or did the TV angle show that it was a point and maybe we were wrong?
The TV angle was crappy.

Big Mac didn't seem too disappointed with the point though...That's often the best guide!

Whatever. He SHOULD HAVE KICKED IT!!!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Solar
Saintsational Legend

spyglass wrote:Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier but I couldn't see it anywhere.

Was at the other end pocket so had a decient view and personally it looked like it was goal side of the post but so hard to know as angles can play with you.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

spyglass wrote:Big Mac took a mark near the point post on the MCC members side. He then kicked what was given as a point. However myself and others around me had a view from behind him and to us it looked like a goal.

we were directly behind it on the half-forward flank. it was absolutely, definitely 100% a point. he got the angle and shape right but his line was too narrow.

saint3d
Club Player

He should have gone back a few steps. He looked like he 'sort of' knew what he was doing but wasn't quite sure.

Something to work on for next time.

FQF
SS Life Member

saint3d wrote:He should have gone back a few steps. He looked like he 'sort of' knew what he was doing but wasn't quite sure.

Something to work on for next time.
Exactly, he should be familiar with these shots since it would not be all that uncommon for him to take those grabs when the kicks drop just short.

Definitely needed to take a few more steps back so that he could widen the angle.