The Varcoe punchh

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

resaintlee
Club Player

The Varcoe punchh

How many saw that savage rip Varcoe gave to a Saints player near the boundary at a boundary throw in probably in front of about M12 (I was in M9) ? The Saints player was felled by the punch but got up quickly and was away before I could identify him. It was a big punch to the stomach, bigger than any of Baker's and made me wince.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

There was also a Mr. Chapman throwing quite a few "jumper punches" to the face/neck/chest region of Robert Eddy in the 1st or 2nd Quarter. This occured 80-100 metres off the ball !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

I also noticed Stokes bumping into Gilbert as Sam came from the ground with the doctor/physio in the second quarter, if that was Baker and not Stokes it'd be all over every football show and publication.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Varcoe punchh

Steven Baker Rule forum.

Stjohn
Club Player

For each incident...

Baker will get 2 weeks.... :lol:

" I am a loyal person and at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know I am a St Kilda person for life. That was something that has heavily influenced my decision.â€
longtimesaint
Club Player

The new MRP rule is to give Baker 2 weeks if anybody does it.

One year will be our year
ThomasR
Club Player

Beno88 wrote:I also noticed Stokes bumping into Gilbert as Sam came from the ground with the doctor/physio in the second quarter, if that was Baker and not Stokes it'd be all over every football show and publication.
Just remembered this - was about to make a thread but thought I had better search first. Was definitely intentional cf Fisher pushing Bartel's injured arm in Round 13. Dog. Surprised more hasn't been made of it but then again when the guys in the TV box miss it then it may as well have never happened.

Royston
Club Player

ThomasR wrote:
Beno88 wrote:I also noticed Stokes bumping into Gilbert as Sam came from the ground with the doctor/physio in the second quarter, if that was Baker and not Stokes it'd be all over every football show and publication.
Just remembered this - was about to make a thread but thought I had better search first. Was definitely intentional cf Fisher pushing Bartel's injured arm in Round 13. Dog. Surprised more hasn't been made of it but then again when the guys in the TV box miss it then it may as well have never happened.
Stephen Quarterbrain - Ch 10, absolute shocker in highlighting (what he thinks) incidents....basically dobs the player in and bangs on & on about it...Absolute knob!