walker

walker

not sure if it has been mentioned here but i was watching the carlton swans match with my mate who is a dedicated blues fan - he said that walker wanted out and has nominated himself for trade. Would we look at him? I know he has been injury prone but i like him in red white and black! Thoughts?

Bigmal47

Direct swap for Zac would have to be a winner

just noted there is an article on it in the age today!! gues my mate was on the money

Re: walker

MC Gusto wrote:not sure if it has been mentioned here but i was watching the carlton swans match with my mate who is a dedicated blues fan - he said that walker wanted out and has nominated himself for trade. Would we look at him? I know he has been injury prone but i like him in red white and black! Thoughts?
Something about him that I've always liked?
He certainly has talent.
Has had injury problems.
Is that the only reasoin he hasn't cemented his place in Carlton's team?

StNoodles

Played a nice game up forward against swans but haven't seen him do much else this year.

Given injury concerns I wouldn't like to give up too much for him.

Swapping Zac Dawson for a guy that makes Xavier Clarke look resilient seems to be ridiculous. The equivalent of swapping a reliable 2 year old corolla with low kms for a vk commode with 500 000 km a blown head gasket and bald tyres. Ross doesn't seem keen on injury prone guys. Just ask Xavier, Goose and Max. Brisbane seems to like battered hacks though.

Middo

gringo wrote:Swapping Zac Dawson for a guy that makes Xavier Clarke look resilient seems to be ridiculous. The equivalent of swapping a reliable 2 year old corolla with low kms for a vk commode with 500 000 km a blown head gasket and bald tyres. Ross doesn't seem keen on injury prone guys. Just ask Xavier, Goose and Max. Brisbane seems to like battered hacks though.
Not sure what he was thinking with Jesse Smith ..?

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!

Walker is hardly a hack. Injury prone yes. Before he did his shoulder again I think earlier in the year ,he was playing first rate footy.

He is a genuine B+ footballer if he can stay on the ground.....comparisons to X.Clarke and J.Smith are ridiculous,they don't get on the ground at all

With Jess Smith I think he bought a GT falcon for $300 with banana skins in the diff and a bad paint job hoping his mechanic could put it back in one piece. Unfortunately it got to the end of the street and the wheels feel off.

#1GILL

gringo wrote:With Jess Smith I think he bought a GT falcon for $300 with banana skins in the diff and a bad paint job hoping his mechanic could put it back in one piece. Unfortunately it got to the end of the street and the wheels feel off.
That's an amazing assessment.

I think Walker would be good to have, but as I've said in other trade threads, this isn't the right year for us to be trading.

Our first pick will be mid 20's, so to get a quality player we will have to give that pick up plus a quality youngster. I don't really think it's worth it, unless we can get Walker for say our second rounder and a Nick Heyne type.

I think this trade period will see a huge number of established vfl wafl and sanfl players picked up. Barlow was gold and Silvagni still hurts when I had him as an AFL player from our affiliation with the Scorps. He was often in the best players list and always looked poised.

Collingwood will be plundered for some of their vfl players you would think. And they might be dropping some names like we had to to maintain the new younger list coming through.

Miles sewell is off the radar a bit now and might be a bargain. There was that melbourne guy Valenti? Looks the goods, a nice fast mid like Essendons Alwyn Davey, Leroy Jetta or similar would be good.

gringo wrote:With Jess Smith I think he bought a GT falcon for $300 with banana skins in the diff and a bad paint job hoping his mechanic could put it back in one piece. Unfortunately it got to the end of the street and the wheels feel off.
Lovett was a Masserati. :)

Unfortunately a Masserati with terminal steering problems and a fuel consumption issue that simply couldn't be rectified. :cry:

saint3d

$300 of Monopoly money maybe.

HSVKing

Dr Spaceman wrote:a fuel consumption issue that simply couldn't be rectified. :cry:
Change 'rectified' to 'satisfied' and I think you are closer to the mark.

They walk amongst us...

I'm all for it.

You can never have too many injury prone footballers who can't kick.

Re: walker

MC Gusto wrote:not sure if it has been mentioned here but i was watching the carlton swans match with my mate who is a dedicated blues fan - he said that walker wanted out and has nominated himself for trade. Would we look at him? I know he has been injury prone but i like him in red white and black! Thoughts?
Yes that story was o the radio on the weekend. I can't remember which station but it was pre-Blues game.

Asa mid we have Steven, and hopefully Armo still, that will be ready to push up into the midfield and who would be at least as good if not better.

Walker is 190cm though...but I don't think he has shown any capability for any other postion though?

Someone like Mundy could be good (but ouch on the $$), but Walker would not seem to offer an upgrade on anyone that we already have.

Mundy would be a great get.

I still reckon Houli should be a target too but if they are too pricey then hit the draft... despite the plethora of GC picks it is a talented and deep draft. Some very good players will be around at our 1st & 2nd picks & a few gems in later rounds too.

Beekay

Beej wrote:I'm all for it.

A lot of our own players have had injury troubles As someone mentioned... Smith.

And most of our players can't kick. We have Dal Santo, Schnids & Goddard who are the only pure kickers in the team (sometimes Lenny).

He is no worse off than what Peake, Jones & Ray were when they arrived at the club.

Potential to be better than all three. Ross would do as he has down with a handful of players and what his best mate Paul Roos not surprisingly does also. And it is this reason, not the form he produced at his former club, that really cut me deep about that moron Lovett.

saint3d

Beekay wrote:And most of our players can't kick. We have Dal Santo, Schnids & Goddard who are the only pure kickers in the team (sometimes Lenny).
At the very least you have to add Gwilt to that list.

walker is my second favorite player from the non saints guys playing the game...after hodge of course....

Beekay wrote:
Beej wrote:I'm all for it.

A lot of our own players have had injury troubles As someone mentioned... Smith.

And most of our players can't kick. We have Dal Santo, Schnids & Goddard who are the only pure kickers in the team (sometimes Lenny).

He is no worse off than what Peake, Jones & Ray were when they arrived at the club.

Potential to be better than all three. Ross would do as he has down with a handful of players and what his best mate Paul Roos not surprisingly does also. And it is this reason, not the form he produced at his former club, that really cut me deep about that moron Lovett.
Fair play, Kaiser.

Amazing what Ross has done to Peake and with Walker there is easily more natural talent to work with. If he can get the same level of improvement, Walker would be more than handy.

Versatile, plays taller than he is, lots of pace.

Would he improve our 22? Well, he would move ahead of Geary the second he walked through the doors IMO.

Walker would be a good get if we can get him cheap.

zac has flaws in his game but is our defence is more solid when he's in because he's a team player.

Walker has talent and probably a heap harder than bryce squibbs and murphy who would have to be the softest players going around since mathew knights and wayne campbell won the ballarat sheep dog trials.

I'd certainly not be dissapointed if we traded a round 2 pick for him.

But apparently carlton are more interested in him after the final.