Next week will tough

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:I'm actually not that confident. This week will again be all about Johnson. Also, Rocket will sit them all down again and make them watch the last couple of minutes of the 09 prelim, to remind them of the pain. Plus, I'm sure they still have a chip on their shoulder about the 'controversy' of the 09 prelim.
i'm not that confident either. and i believe that eade will sit them down and make the players look at the last few minutes of last years 2009 prelim.
the doggies were already taling about it, and the pain

markp
Saintsational Legend

Last night was their GF.

Next week we will win... comfortably would be nice.

I hate prelims.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:I'm actually not that confident. This week will again be all about Johnson. Also, Rocket will sit them all down again and make them watch the last couple of minutes of the 09 prelim, to remind them of the pain. Plus, I'm sure they still have a chip on their shoulder about the 'controversy' of the 09 prelim.
i'm not that confident either. and i believe that eade will sit them down and make the players look at the last few minutes of last years 2009 prelim.
the doggies were already taling about it, and the pain
Of FFS.

Harden up.

And cheer up while you're at it...

....Ohhh tomorrow I might go outside and catch a cold or get hit by a falling tree branch or eat something poisonous... Sweet christ...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Last night was their GF.

Next week we will win... comfortably would be nice.

I hate prelims.
Not sure last night was their GF, if anything I think they may improve and take a lot of confidence from the game.

With you on the immense dislike of prelims though, 30+ coming into the last quarter would be nice.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Of FFS.

Harden up.

And cheer up while you're at it...
This.

I'm a little nervous about this week.

Because it is a Preliminary final, no other reason.

Our best is better than the dogs. I also think it competes with the Cats and the Filth.

My main fear before this season even started was just how freaking hard it is to get the big dance. And here we are one win away from it and it makes me nervous as all hell.

I know that it may not have looked it at times, but I think we are much better prepared than last year. I think the week off will actually help us this time out, whereas in '09 it flattened us somewhat. I hope anyway.

f*** it. We are good enough. We are really good enough.

Not just for this week, but for the whole damn thing.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Next week will tough

plugger66 wrote:Unless I have got the Saints wrong next week will be tough. We never blow sides out of the water so yes I am confident but some on here amaze me when they just think it will be a walk over. Why will we win by a lot when we really havent all year. Any logical explanation would make me feel at ease for the next 6 days.
im with plugger here. will be another nerve wracker. could go either way. Saints always have close games . Look at our end of year %. Well below Pies and Cats. We never win by much. Bloody stressful. We nearly lost to the cats even though we won 3 quarters.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

The Bulldogs couldn't have been more unimpreesive. A real uninspiring semi final. So many mistakes by both teams. Sydney ran out of puff in the end. The Bulldogs will throw the kitchen sink at The Saints cos that's all they can do. I expect The Saints to win by 6 goals.

Another opportunity awaits!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

of course theres a few nerves, after all, this is it, do or die...loser is gone.

i believe we learnt a lot from last year...
i believe we can go all the way this year...

i for one cannot wait for next weeks build up
when we beat the dogs this saturday night and get to our second GF in a row

bring it the fcuk on!!!!!!

JacksonsGirl
Club Player

I'm not sure too many people are complacent.

You can't be leading up to a Prelim, such a big game.
I know the media are expecting an easy Saints win, but I'm sure Ross and the boys aren't. Too professional to snooze.

Bulldogs top four side three years in a row, they are very good and even if underdone and injury affected they will be tough to beat.

But no excuses at our end, well prepared, healthy, rested and overall a bit better then them.

Should win, but it isn't just going to happen. Eliminate that slow start from last year should be the first order of the day.

saintlee
Club Player

I will be stunned if we lose to the doggies. They are as vulnerable as they will ever be. The only danger is the Saints going in with a lazy attitude....should be a good win

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

THIS WILL NOT BE AS EASY AS PEOPLE THINK.....IT WILL BE HARD AND CLOSER THAN PEOPLE THINK.....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Next week will be tough, for Geelong and Colingwood, not us