Team for this weeks P.F.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

In: Geary
Out: Eddy

Dempster = Safe as houses!
Baker = no chance!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Who is going to play on Robert Murphy and Gia, that probably helps narrow down who will be the unlucky one to miss out.

older saint
SS Life Member

No Changes i think.

Dempster played a great game on Johnson and will be needed if Murphy plays forward.

Eddy is a tagging half forward - not a role baker plays will be needed for a Harbrow or Gilbee type.

Will come down to match ups and the only one i could see from left field is that IF they thought we were too tall down back or weather Blake out and either Geary or Baker in.

lefty
Club Player

older saint wrote:No Changes i think.

Dempster played a great game on Johnson and will be needed if Murphy plays forward.

Eddy is a tagging half forward - not a role baker plays will be needed for a Harbrow or Gilbee type.

Will come down to match ups and the only one i could see from left field is that IF they thought we were too tall down back or weather Blake out and either Geary or Baker in.
I thought Dempster played shithouse, he made some really bad mistakes in the first quarter, along in the last, he basically gave the handpass straight to a geelong player > shot on goal... from memory it was only a behind, but that crap cost's you games. Maybe it wasn't obvious at the ground, but it showed on tv?

He really turned the ball over a fair few times... meh... I'll go watch the reply again, and write down the times.

mordi
Club Player

I hope Bakes is in. Interesting that last night all three On the Couch agreed that it would happen.....

What's the Point of it All?
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Off the cuff, the critical match up is Harbrow. We need someone who can stifle his run and pressure him into error. The man for that job is Eddy. He has a big motor, is probably the quickest of he, Bakes, Dempster and Geary and so seems the likely man for mine.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
mordi
Club Player

The view last night, which I agree with, was give Bakes a run this week, so he's ready for GF.

Healy and Hird usually speak wisely....

What's the Point of it All?
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Even though we here on Saintsational have all the necessary expertise, skills, knowledge and experience to make these critical selection decisions, this is one time I'll gladly flick the job to Ross.

He better not stuff it up! :wink:

Schillaci
Club Player

I've been thinking about Baker for a couple of days and agree with those who reckon he'll play this week...as he won't be brought in cold turkey for a Grand Final...he has to play this week and show some form. Playing against the Western Bulldogs helps his cause too as we can cover him (if it turns out mid game he is lacking in match conditioning) if we are 6 goals in front :wink:
I don't know who the unlucky bugger will be to make way for him though.

PJ
SS Life Member

IN Baker
OUT Dempster

I'd keep Eddy for the forward line.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

In Baker

Out: Dempster or Eddy...

Bit of a dilema... Eddy playes in the forward half, he can run all day, tackle and chase, plays a roll similar to McQualter.

Dempster been playing as a backman of late, and probably makes sense for him to come out for Baker. Thing is Dempster was quite good against Stevie J... hard to drop him on form.

In Ross I Trust

Carpe Diem
older saint
SS Life Member

mordi wrote:The view last night, which I agree with, was give Bakes a run this week, so he's ready for GF.

Healy and Hird usually speak wisely....
really those 2 clowns were 2 of the selectors which did not pick Hayes in the AA Team!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:IN Baker
OUT Dempster

I'd keep Eddy for the forward line.
agreed

armo, steven and dempster as emergencies (if it pours then perhaps armo or steven in for eddy or blake)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
AdelaideSainter
Club Player

I'd play Baker. IF we happen to win, he is the sort of player we want running around on GF day.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Bakes

a real hard call

Play this week......(if win) possibly will then suffer from 2nd game back blues(stiff/sore)

saint4life
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why are we talking about the GF when picking a side for the PF. Has no bearing, we need to beat the bulldogs first - so pick a side to beat them.....this is not a time to 'test' players.

Possible ins...
Geary or Baker
Possible outs...
Eddy or Dempster

Likely - No Change

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

IN Baker
OUT Eddy

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

hard call. but i think provided he is absolutely 100% and ready to go they simply must PLAY BAKES!

toss of coin between eddy and dempster.

hotdish
Club Player

There is no way Geary returns, Dempster and Baker offer more experience, and Eddy is faster, has more endurance, is a better small fwd and is a better tackler.

Dempster has played the last 13 games of the year. We all know that RL loves and trusts Dempster, and that Dempster is versatile and is one of the fittest at the club.

He did a good job stats wise of limiting SJ last game.

I don't see him getting dropped.

NO CHANGE

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Eddy will not be dropped, besides his great tackling and kamikaze attack on the ball, he also gives us a great hit up option as a high half forward. He is deceptively quick and has got a good pair of hands. Where I think he has improved a lot is his kicking, he hits a lot more targets and does kick it long. If Bakes is to come in, then Dempster is the only one that can be excluded. It will come down to match ups

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

the backline is too tall.

dawson has hall, so dempster or blake need to go to even up the side. i'd be surprised if blake went, so dempster should go and be replaced by baker or geary.

IN: Baker
OUT: Dempster

spert
Saintsational Legend

Dempster will stay, and Eddy is fit he will play. Dempster did well against Geelong, but there were a few Saints who also coughed up the ball in the last quarter, or didn't win the one-on-ones. I think Bakes will struggle to get a gig in a major final after all that time out.

noob
Club Player

I'd keep Eddy because you know he'll be trying his guts out after missing out on a grandfinal birth last year

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:the backline is too tall.

dawson has hall, so dempster or blake need to go to even up the side. i'd be surprised if blake went, so dempster should go and be replaced by baker or geary.

IN: Baker
OUT: Dempster
Hmm, I was thinking along these lines as well Bergholt, that we seemed to tall in defence.

Then I read a little grab in the paper today that Rougheads shoulders have pulled up fine after playing in the VFL, that made me think that Rocket might have a surprise selection for Saturday night.

Is it entirely possible that he might play Hudson/Minson in the ruck, and select Roughead (who looks likely up forward) alongside Barry Hall?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

In Bakes, out Dumpster.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell