Official Pies v Cats thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainterone
Club Player

pussies need to go the knuckle

i'm feeling so sorry for bummer - lol

what will be his excuse tonight?

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
SaintSimmo
Club Player

I would prefer to play collingwood in the gf, i reckon we can beat them, not confident agaisnt the cats. But im not barracking for Collingwood (just to set the record straight :))

Sainter for life.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The difference between these two teams is frightening! The Pies are blowing them away!!!! Where the hell is Geelong!!!!!?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint vince wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
saint vince wrote:Joffa could just about put the jacket on i rekon.
with 4 to go in the first, its looking that way.
THe cats started slow against us tho and came back hard in the last, (that's what I am hoping for)
BUT.....
the way things are looking, I reckon Joffa might not bother taking it off for the next eight days
Anyone who thought they were "not the real deal" have not watched them play this year
Agree. Haven't been oerley worried about them until now.

I hate to say it but they look bloody unbeatable at the moment
Don't get too carried away. Only early. Lets just see if they can keep this pressure up for 4 quarters. Geelong will get their shite together and come at them at some stage.
But it isnt going to be that tough prelim we were hoping for and not one person on here realised how good the pies are because of their hatred to them. Common sense suggested they were always going to be hard to beat.
Calling it a bit earlier, aren't you? Let us see how it unfolds over the next 3 quarters. If Geelong don't come at them or make some changes, they are officially finished and G Ablett Jr will be announcing his departure to GC next week.
Well that makes me feel much better. I dont care about whether Geelong is finished. I wanted a hardgame and it will not be because the Pies are a great side.
Showing your true colours you flog ...
Showing your continuation of having no brain. At least you are a consistant no brain poster.
ENOUGH. I'm so tired of every thread being hijacked by idiots who just want to fight about crap.

Plugger, I understand that they actually started it but you kept it going. You're both as much to blame so one of you drop it.
Mate I gave not one personal comment until some moron said something to me. I will challenge statements but never make it personnel unless they do and if they do then they cop it. Sorry but that is me. I suggest you have a go at people who make it personal.

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

Thomson looks like he has given up.

Q5
Club Player

PakenhamSaint wrote:Thomson looks like he has given up.
That's the impression I got too...

Munga
Saintsational Legend

geez the pies just keep the ball moving forward quickly...
I just saw a pie not go for the mark, but instead knock it on forward to himself twice

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
saint vince
Club Player

Podsiadley. Is he the new Leon Davis??????

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Linton Street Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Statsman wrote:Isn't it strange to be suddenly barracking for the Cats? :wink:
Anyone who wants any advantage at all in the GF should be wanting for the Cats to at least put some pressure on them.
Do you ever have anything positive too say ? Your worse than old Rodger when it comes to pessimism ..... poor old conditioned Saints supporters who've lost their faith ... It's a shame
Apart from you being negative to me tell me what is good with this result? i just dont get it. If we win tomorrow night we can still win next week, I would just have rathered a more high pressure game. maybe you dont care.

Linton Street Saint
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:I would prefer to play collingwood in the gf, i reckon we can beat them, not confident agaisnt the cats. But im not barracking for Collingwood (just to set the record straight :))
I agree ... all these people shitting the bed over the fact that the Pies are pantsing Geelong ... 1) Collingwood have always matched up well against Geelong ... this isnt the first time they have been pantsed and the last time it happened we know who one the premiership. 2) We were giving Geelong what for before the rain. 3) Collingwood have had a weeks rest, Geelong haven't plus they have played in the rain.

.... Sigh, man I could go on

sRaf
Club Player

saint vince wrote:Podsiadley. Is he the new Leon Davis??????
At this rate, 21 men in blue and white are going to be the new Davis.

saint vince
Club Player

9 goals to much now. Pies in the GF

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

And another one to Swan...This is becoming insane.

Not a chance we can beat Collingwood next week if they play like this. Their pressure and speed of ball movement is amazing.

Linton Street Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Anyone who wants any advantage at all in the GF should be wanting for the Cats to at least put some pressure on them.
Do you ever have anything positive too say ? Your worse than old Rodger when it comes to pessimism ..... poor old conditioned Saints supporters who've lost their faith ... It's a shame
Apart from you being negative to me tell me what is good with this result? i just dont get it. If we win tomorrow night we can still win next week, I would just have rathered a more high pressure game. maybe you dont care.
I dont propose to know the future either way but whose to say this doesn't make the Pies over confident and think they are all over it. They havent had a tough game in a while and what effect that will have on them in the pressure of a grand final ... All I am saying is you seem always to be glass half empty....

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Thomson is signing the papers at Essendon as we speak! :lol:
Last edited by St. Luke on Fri 17 Sep 2010 9:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Watching this makes me dislike Geelong even more.

Sure the Filth are playing well and all that jazz... but Geelong are playing with absolutely no ticker and making them look better than they are, IMO.

To think practically the same team won two premierships. It's maddening.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
PakenhamSaint
Club Player

I saw this from Collingwood back in round 16. I reckon had Roo had of been up at full tilt and we were accurate we would of beat them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I dont propose to know the future either way but whose to say this doesn't make the Pies over confident and think they are all over it. They havent had a tough game in a while and what effect that will have on them in the pressure of a grand final ... All I am saying is you seem always to be glass half empty....
Can never really remember being negative. Just realistic but if that is negative in your eyes so be it. If anyone could see this result coming and still think that we could win next week well that is great but i doubt one person on here realised how good these pricks are.

older saint
SS Life Member

Who says the week off doesn't make a difference.
We beat Geel twice this year so if we win tomorrow night the best 2 teams from the year will be in the GF

marksnsparks
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Can never really remember being negative. Just realistic but if that is negative in your eyes so be it. If anyone could see this result coming and still think that we could win next week well that is great but i doubt one person on here realised how good these pricks are.
Get a room boys this love in is making me puke.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:Not a chance we can beat Collingwood next week if they play like this. Their pressure and speed of ball movement is amazing.
I'm not going to write us off just yet.

If we get through and they jump us we are in trouble. They are a terrific front-running side.

If we can start well and put some early scoreboard pressure on it is another game all together.

We can beat them.

This game was all over within 15 minutes because Geelong didn't turn up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
#1GILL wrote:Not a chance we can beat Collingwood next week if they play like this. Their pressure and speed of ball movement is amazing.
I'm not going to write us off just yet.

If we get through and they jump us we are in trouble. They are a terrific front-running side.

If we can start well and put some early scoreboard pressure on it is another game all together.

We can beat them.
If we win tomorrow night of course we can beat them. The difference is their best is better than ours. The thing is though we rarely let sides play to their best. In the next 2 weeks we must not let either side play anywhere near their best.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So this is the Grand Final that should have been :roll:

Fair Dinkum worse than the 2007 GF

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

t's just such a shame the two best teams wont be playing each other in the Grand Final. :roll:

The pace of this game proves to me why Baker is done for the season.

Only the Saints can stop the travesty of a filth flag now.... I just hope Ross has a little black book with 'dismantling the filth' on the cover.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
I agree. A high pressure game would have been nice, but obviously not on the cards by the looks of it. I think someone needs to run down to the Geelong change rooms and tell them that their season is nearly over and that they actually need to put some sort of pressure on the Pies if they want any chance at all of scoring, let alone winning.

Not overly worried at this stage. I think our game plan matches up better against the Pies than it does Geelong. Still would have preferred a Geelong/St Kilda GF for redemption, but not going to happen now.

Fortius Quo Fidelius