Didaks shoulder

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Didaks shoulder

I know we still have a game to go.... blah blah blah

So I'll presume we get through tonight.

Didak is carrying a bad shoulder. He needs to be stopped. It needs to be tested over 5-6 times early next week. He's in red hot form. I know there is one player in our squad who loves testing out opponents weaknesses.

Needs to be a late change tonight. Will be far more valuable than either Eddy/Dempster in the GF

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Didaks shoulder

jonesy wrote:I know we still have a game to go.... blah blah blah

Didak is carrying a bad shoulder. He needs to be stopped. It needs to be tested over 5-6 times early next week. He's in red hot form. I know there is one player in our squad who loves testing out opponents weaknesses.

Needs to be a late change tonight. Will be far more valuable than either Eddy/Dempster in the GF
Baker couldnt play on Didak. He is a midfielder. I dont think there is a match up for Bakes against the pies.

Russman
Club Player

Didak had performed poorly against us in the past.
Who has had the job on him before?
I can't remember myself

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Baker couldnt play on Didak. He is a midfielder. I dont think there is a match up for Bakes against the pies.
Bakes' 28 touches and one of the best on ground game against the filth in round 3 might suggest there will be a match up for him somewhere

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Bakes' 28 touches and one of the best on ground game against the filth in round 3 might suggest there will be a match up for him somewhere
It is round 25 next week. He hasnt played for 13 weeks. Who could he play on?

markp
Saintsational Legend

Hayes can handle that.

Baker would be a bad plan.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

plugger66 wrote: It is round 25 next week. He hasnt played for 13 weeks. Who could he play on?
I haven't ridden a bike for 13 years - but I know I can still do it just as well.

We need Baker's speed and tenacity .. I'm not saying he should be on Didak (if we get there)..
Last edited by samoht on Sat 18 Sep 2010 11:45am, edited 2 times in total.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Bakers only ideal match up would be Davis (provided he's picked)

BallBanger
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

stick to umpiring where knowledge of the game is not necessary

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He hasn't missed through injury remember....
He did miss a couple of weeks with the toe,otherwise he's in full training the entire time,with extra work. He's form first up has never ever been an issue in the past,he has a bigger pain threshold than most. He is born to play finals,always been superb for us in finals. It's the only reason he ever got an AFL career,his form in the under 18's was terrible,until the final series where he came of age

So the question is he not in our best 22 when fit? Of course he is. I'm sure they can find a match up for him,he's not a fringe pinch hit player. People comparing him with Max,don't get the comparison. Max's form was ordinary,his body was worse. Bakes form was as good as ever before the conspired 9 week sentence

He plays tonight, next week is round 2 for him,and he's fresh as a daisy

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

stick to umpiring where knowledge of the game is not necessary
Apart from potting me do you have any footy knowledge at all or are set on making a fool of yourself every post? Who could he play?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Didak can take a trip out to Craigieburn for some remedial medicine?

Personally I hope his shoulder turns gangrenous.

markp
Saintsational Legend

He hasn't played for how many weeks now?

To me, picking him would be an act of desperation.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Somone effectively tagged him recently, I remember him showing someone the ball in the last after having a pretty ordinary game up until that point?

Not sure he was that hurt, thought he was milking for a free personally.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

jonesy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He hasn't missed through injury remember....
He did miss a couple of weeks with the toe,otherwise he's in full training the entire time,with extra work. He's form first up has never ever been an issue in the past,he has a bigger pain threshold than most. He is born to play finals,always been superb for us in finals. It's the only reason he ever got an AFL career,his form in the under 18's was terrible,until the final series where he came of age

So the question is he not in our best 22 when fit? Of course he is. I'm sure they can find a match up for him,he's not a fringe pinch hit player. People comparing him with Max,don't get the comparison. Max's form was ordinary,his body was worse. Bakes form was as good as ever before the conspired 9 week sentence

He plays tonight, next week is round 2 for him,and he's fresh as a daisy

He missed our first final through injury.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:He hasn't played for how many weeks now?

None of our players played had played for 6 months in round 1.

He's not coming off an injury. If he was,then fair enough I'd have concerns bringing him in,but he's fit

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
markp wrote:He hasn't played for how many weeks now?

None of our players played had played for 6 months in round 1.

He's not coming off an injury. If he was,then fair enough I'd have concerns bringing him in,but he's fit
No one has played for 6 months in round 1. Not one pies player will have missed more than 3 weeks if we play them next week. Match fitness can never be trained for. having said that if there is a match up I wouldnt mind him playing. I really cant see one though unless they recall Davis which may be unlikely.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Good point Plugger, the late withdrawal of Davis meant that Cats had a small defender with no real matchup.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Sidebottom,or a 4 time 'shoulder crushed in first 4 minutes' didak resting in fwd line.

Tell me he's not better than Dempster,Eddy.

His match fitness will be fine next week

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Sidebottom,or a 4 time 'shoulder crushed in first 4 minutes' didak resting in fwd line.

Well I dont think Eddy has anything to do with Bakes playing. Dempster is the logical replacement and it gets down to whether RL rates Dempster ahead an unmatch fit Bakes.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:Sidebottom,or a 4 time 'shoulder crushed in first 4 minutes' didak resting in fwd line.

Well I dont think Eddy has anything to do with Bakes playing. Dempster is the logical replacement and it gets down to whether RL rates Dempster ahead an unmatch fit Bakes.
Alright well I might have to give in then with the mail I just got. Dempster better perform

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

My guess is there there is still a lot of discussion going on at the match committee on this issue. In my opinion, Steven Baker is much more valuable against Collingwood than the Bulldogs, but he would really have to play this week to play next week. I would take the risk. Anyway, we'll know in 6 hours.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:My guess is there there is still a lot of discussion going on at the match committee on this issue. In my opinion, Steven Baker is much more valuable against Collingwood than the Bulldogs, but he would really have to play this week to play next week. I would take the risk. Anyway, we'll know in 6 hours.
i would take thr risk and play him, at least then next week the coach can then have a choice. otherwise if he does not play him this week and we win, he for sure won't be playing next week!

Beej
Saintsational Legend

As poor as Davis' record is in big games, I'd still rather he didn't play.

I can just see him having a 5-minute purple patch kicking three goals in the last quarter to "answer his critics".

Goldsack, while more versatile, doesn't have a purple patch like that in his locker.

saintnick12
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Somone effectively tagged him recently, I remember him showing someone the ball in the last after having a pretty ordinary game up until that point?

Not sure he was that hurt, thought he was milking for a free personally.
I only saw a little bit of the game last night as I was out, but I watched a bit of the replay this morning. Besides the part in the last when he was lying on the ground and they showed Eddie grimacing in the stands, there was also another issue in the first half where he got knocked and was definately in pain. Didn't seem to stop him though. And we're clutching at straws if we're hoping for little niggles in their team, though I do think if Ball is ruled out it unsettles their midfield structure.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.