Outraged -Confirmation Wearing Clash Strip this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
saint64 wrote:Please let sanity prevail here. I don't want to be watching the replay of our second ever premiership for the next forty years with our players wearing this year's clash strip.
That's what I have been thinking all evening long!

ITS A DISGRACE! I know some people are saying but your in Grand Final but to me when I think of the St Kilda football club, I think of our TRADITIONAL jumper and our theme song.

Not some shocking away clash jumper that has represented our club for 5 minutes.
Noone wants us to wear the clash strip.

I don't want it, but at the same time crying about it isn't going to change the fact that we are going to.

Collingwood finished on top, it seems that this gives them the right to choose, they've chosen, end of story.

Just because you whinge about it and other people accept it, doesn't make you more of a St Kilda supporter.

I would also suggest that if when the siren blows, signalling our triumph or when you are watching a replay you are worrying about the jumper, I'd suggest you are worrying about the wrong thing.
I am not crying about it, I am just disgusted that we have to wear it.
It was never a problem in 1966 when it was black and white TV, what has changed in 44 years, are more people struggling to see RED. I know I am seeing red right about now.

I am struggling to accept it and I know we are all going to have to accept it, but right now I can't end of story.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
vacuous space
SS Life Member

SaintWodonga wrote:I bet if we finished on top Eddie would still have his way.

They didn't get their way in the QF last year, why would they in a GF? Does Eddie get more powerful as September advances?

Personally, I don't care. I'm happy enough to win in any St Kilda jumper. If we lose, the last thing I'm going to be worrying about is what we were wearing.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote:The look of the white jumper looks as weak and feeble as some of it's fans!
I could do with a tan. Don't mind whatever we're wearing in a GF.

Anyways...big deal. If it bothers you, it's another reason to get angry at the Filth on Saturday night, for all the s*** they've pulled on us this year...Filth Anger can't be a bad thing.
We play during the daytime numbnuts or are you related to Nostradamus and you already know the result?

Has anyone warned you about the drinking water over there?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
jmac101
Club Player

as much as i'd love us to be wearing our home guernsey. i think that unfortunately it is right for us to wear the away strip this week.

the fact that the collingwood jumper is not the 'traditional' jumper is irrelevant here no matter what eddie says. the fact is, whether we like it or not, the pies 'black' jumper is their nominated home jumper in 2010. if it is true that the higher ranked team wears the home strip in the grand final then i think that unfortunately we will just have to deal with it.

personally, i think there is a clash between the two so wearing white shorts only is not an option. the fairest solution is for us to wear the clash if the rule is as it is.

for what it's worth..if we do win, the club would make a killing selling these 'premiership' jerseys to all us desperate fans. i know id rush out and buy one no matter what it looks like.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
saint64 wrote:Please let sanity prevail here. I don't want to be watching the replay of our second ever premiership for the next forty years with our players wearing this year's clash strip.
That's what I have been thinking all evening long!

ITS A DISGRACE! I know some people are saying but your in Grand Final but to me when I think of the St Kilda football club, I think of our TRADITIONAL jumper and our theme song.

Not some shocking away clash jumper that has represented our club for 5 minutes.
Yes, I have been thinking the exact same thing, it's an absolute DISGRACE and if both teams wore their traditional jumpers a so called clash would not even exist!

The AFL approved Collingwood's jumper change nine years ago at the whim of Eddie " we won't change our tradition, jumper for anyone" McGuire so WHY THE F*** should we be the ones forced to change our traditional jumper in a Grand Final to suit them?

Make Collingwood wear their traditional jumper that they wore for over 90 years and there is no so called clash!

Does anyone know Eddies home address, ( PM me ) I'm sure I can make him see reason?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The other issue is our board being so incompetent as to come up with a stupid away jumper design to begin with!

WHY DOES THE WHITE PANEL HAVE TO BE AS WIDE AS THE GRAND CANYON?

A HOME JUMPER WITH A RED BACK OR IF WE MUST A WHITE BACK WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER LOOK!

At least our HOME jumper would have been preserved at the front for such an occasion like a GRAND FINAL, but the incompetent fools deliver this abomination with a white panel as wide as the Great Wall of China!

FFS

FAIR DINKUM

GET A CLUE YOU IDIOTS!

A **** GRAND FINAL AND NOW WE HAVE TO WEAR THIS WHITE SHYTE!

AND AFTER ARCHIE FRASER GAVE ME HIS WORD THAT THE MEMBERS WOULD VOTE ON THE NEW DESIGN WHICH NEVER HAPPENED!

GET YOU **** ACT TOGETHER!

VERY VERY PISSED OFF!

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:The other issue is our board being so incompetent as to come up with a stupid away jumper design to begin with!

WHY DOES THE WHITE PANEL HAVE TO BE AS WIDE AS THE GRAND CANYON?

A HOME JUMPER WITH A RED BACK OR IF WE MUST A WHITE BACK WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER LOOK!

At least our HOME jumper would have been preserved at the front for such an occasion like a GRAND FINAL, but the incompetent fools deliver this abomination with a white panel as wide as the Great Wall of China!

FFS

FAIR DINKUM

GET A CLUE YOU IDIOTS!

A **** GRAND FINAL AND NOW WE HAVE TO WEAR THIS WHITE SHYTE!

AND AFTER ARCHIE FRASER GAVE ME HIS WORD THAT THE MEMBERS WOULD VOTE ON THE NEW DESIGN WHICH NEVER HAPPENED!

GET YOU **** ACT TOGETHER!

VERY VERY PISSED OFF!
you know what , I love you B4E, because on this topic I am 110% behind you mate.

I hate the clash jumper, the white is the size of the grand canyon and to me its NOT St Kilda, well not in a traditional sense, not even remotely close to it. I can handle it during the home and away season but finals and especially a Grand Final it should be OUR beautiful Red White and Black stripe jumper.

Yes we have to accept it sometime this week because it is going to happen no matter what so it appears, but it does not mean we have to like it and I will sure as hell kick and scream and jump up and down about it along the way.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
battye
Saintsational Legend

As nice as it would be to play in the traditional red/white/black jumper... the clash jumper is fairly close:

Imagine if it was :shock: :shock: :shock:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

footyjumpers.com :wink:

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SaintWodonga
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:A HOME JUMPER WITH A RED BACK OR IF WE MUST A WHITE BACK WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER LOOK!
+ 1

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
starsign
Club Player

degruch wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
degruch wrote:Don't quite get the obsession with clash strips...I'd rather we not be confused with the opposition. Regardless, I'm with Thinline...hypercolour t-shirts and acid-wash shorts would be fine, so long as we win.
shirts and No shirts used to work for Some as distinguishing feature I am informed.
...and wouldn't the ladies love it. Of course, Collingwood would be no shirts, as they're just so hot right now (FIGJAM). :roll:

And all those magnificent Collingwood tatts!!!
Wow !
It would be the greatest picture show on earth!!

And perhaps they could all wear their Moccos instead of footy boots for the full "traditional strip"

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Being discussed on SEN

saint4life
markp
Saintsational Legend

We're playing possibly the biggest game in our Club's history in 5 days time... yet some of you navel gazing, dong bong smoking, know nothing nuffy's are carrying on about the width of a front panel of a jumper, which would be less than 2 inches wider than our regular one... ??!

Get a clue. :idea:

I think I was sat in front of one of you for the prelim... always looking for the negative and something to moan and bleat about.

Razor blades or Prozac... just choose one, and STFU.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:We're playing possibly the biggest game in our Club's history in 5 days time... yet some of you naval gazing, dong bong smoking, know nothing nuffy's are carrying on about the width of a front panel of a jumper, which would be less than 2 inches wider than our regular one... ??!

I think I was sat in front of one of you for the prelim... always looking for the negative and something to moan and bleat about.

not just the panel width

I dont think there is a need....no clash

an opinion but you then support yours with words like hnow nothing nuffy's
etc etc.......a go at B4E or childish go at others who are entitled to an opinion.

saint4life
snowdelisaint
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:A HOME JUMPER WITH A RED BACK OR IF WE MUST A WHITE BACK WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER LOOK!
+ 2

markp
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
markp wrote:We're playing possibly the biggest game in our Club's history in 5 days time... yet some of you naval gazing, dong bong smoking, know nothing nuffy's are carrying on about the width of a front panel of a jumper, which would be less than 2 inches wider than our regular one... ??!

not just the panel width

etc etc.......a go at B4E or childish go at others who are entitled to an opinion.
It's not about merely an 'opinion', it's about some carrying on like we are being bent over, and demanding the Club make a song and dance about this... now.

The time to deal with this would've been before the start of the season.

Just like the guy behind me saying repeatedly during the prelim that we had to get kosi out of there... guess what, it's too late.

widereceiver
Club Player

A Possible Solution

PROBLEM

I, too, hate the clash strip. The players look less imposing in it IMO.

SOLUTION

The AFL is as bent as a Uri Geller spoon but we won't tell 'em to get stuffed. So, after we kick the Pies' asses, by 1+ pts, the property stewards bring on our real guernseys, the players change for the podium.

The club has 22 match worn guernseys to flog for as much as we can make, with the Norm Smith Medalllst's being the backdrop for our 2nd. cup in our new home.

Works for me.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
markp
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver wrote:A Possible Solution

PROBLEM

I, too, hate the clash strip. The players look less imposing in it IMO.

SOLUTION

The AFL is as bent as a Uri Geller spoon but we won't tell 'em to get stuffed. So, after we kick the Pies' asses, by 1+ pts, the property stewards bring on our real guernseys, the players change for the podium.

The club has 22 match worn guernseys to flog for as much as we can make, with the Norm Smith Medalllst's being the backdrop for our 2nd. cup in our new home.

Works for me.
As Saintbrat quoted earlier, that's exactly what the Club intends.

saint64
Club Player

quote="markp"]We're playing possibly the biggest game in our Club's history in 5 days time... yet some of you navel gazing, dong bong smoking, know nothing nuffy's are carrying on about the width of a front panel of a jumper, which would be less than 2 inches wider than our regular one... ??!

Razor blades or Prozac... just choose one, and STFU.[/quote]
In case you hadn't noticed markp this has been a festering sore for many years now. The disappointing thing is that I thought we finally had a Board that was going to stop things like this happening. It might not worry you, but it annoys the hell out of many long time supporters like me. I can't remember any time in the past when a team finishing as minor premiers has been so emphasised. i certainlt don't recall it being made such a big thing of last year and in 1997.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

While i would prefer to see our boys in our trad strip( which doesn't clash anyway), it shouldn't be a major distraction for the fans, or cause arguments amongst us.

Remember for years that the higher placed team in finals games would wear the black shorts? That seems to have changed recently, as the Cats wore white in the QF and we wore whire in the last 2 PF's.

i'm guessing the clubs have a coin toss during the week to decide that? And in last year's GF, why did Geleong wear white shorts? And in 07 thay did as well? Toss of a a coin? Maybe the jumper issue was done the same way, surely someone would know.

I don't mind wearing white shorts either - 66 we did, and every team this decade who wore white shorts won the flag - Bribane 01, Port 04, Geelong 07-09.

Also re changing if we win - Barcelona did this when they won the world Club challenge at the start of the year.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
chook23 wrote:

not just the panel width

It's not about merely an 'opinion', it's about some carrying on like we are being bent over, and demanding the Club make a song and dance about this... now.

Just like the guy behind me saying repeatedly during the prelim that we had to get kosi out of there... guess what, it's too late.
Get a clue? got one thanks, its a different opinion to yours.
AND For what it is worth, yes we are bending over once again to the AFL, I am telling you if this was the other way around and we finished above Collingwood. Collingwood would not give an inch about playing in a different jumper.

In Ross Get lost!

markp
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
markp wrote:
chook23 wrote:

not just the panel width

Get a clue? got one thanks, its a different opinion to yours.
AND For what it is worth, yes we are bending over once again to the AFL, I am telling you if this was the other way around and we finished above Collingwood. Collingwood would not give an inch about playing in a different jumper.
Yes, they would.

As they did in last years QF.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

saint64 wrote: In case you hadn't noticed markp this has been a festering sore for many years now. The disappointing thing is that I thought we finally had a Board that was going to stop things like this happening. It might not worry you, but it annoys the hell out of many long time supporters like me. I can't remember any time in the past when a team finishing as minor premiers has been so emphasised. i certainlt don't recall it being made such a big thing of last year and in 1997.
AMEN Saint64, you have summed it up perfectly. It is only because it is Collingwood there is a sudden emphasis on the minor premiers

In Ross Get lost!

saintlee
Club Player

Don't like the clash strip, annoyed we have to wear it....but if we win the flag will I care? Hell no, especially seeing we get to wear the traditional one for the presentation and photos.

Mooksy
Club Player

Seriously people don't worry about this rubbish. It does not matter one bit. We are in a GF against the pies FFS!!!