kossi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

southern saint

kossi

kossi is very important to us winning he needs to get the ball early so rooey can get some space what do you guys think off starting him in the ruck for the first 5 to ten minutes to get him in to the game and maybe gardner at full f ??

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Woah! Punctuation man!

Don't think starting him there is the way to go. He is more an impact player if we need to do something different, by puting him in there straight away I'd reckon we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot if it doesn't work.

Start as per normal, if it isn't working, then have a think about it.

They walk amongst us...

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

HSVKing wrote:Woah! Punctuation man!

Don't think starting him there is the way to go. He is more an impact player if we need to do something different, by puting him in there straight away I'd reckon we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot if it doesn't work.

Start as per normal, if it isn't working, then have a think about it.
Agreed, we have to start as normal.

I would be over the moon for Kosi to kick the first goal this week. He's a big confidence player I think.

Sure, he kicked the first goal of the match in round 16, but hopefully this is different.

goyousaints
Club Player

Have seen some very promising signs in both finals from kosi,think he may be about to take a game by the throat.

[SuB]
Club Player

If Kosi and Roo nail their first shots on goal, we will win.

Schillaci
Club Player

Needs to start forward. Hopefully he'll take some grabs early and rip it apart. I just had a look at sportsbet odds for the first goal...looks like Roo is favourite at $9 with Cloke, Milney and Kosi equal second faves at $11.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Who is kossi?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
noob
Club Player

He usually starts well but fades as the game goes on. I'd like to see the amount of goals his kicked in the first half compared to second.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

[SuB] wrote:If Kosi and Roo nail their first shots on goal, we will win.
this..and hopefully in the first 10 minutes :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Kosi has the opportunity to play the game of his life and become a legend in the history of the club.

If the Filth even think of getting rough, I'll expect Kosi to seek retribution and knock a couple of them out.

This may sound like a out-dated strategy, but Malthouse is a prick, this is a Grand Final. It happened to Dermie in 1989, and that scum-sucker Harry O could very easily attempt to take-out Riewaldt by foul methods.

Kosi could kick 5 goals, and join Cowboy as our leading Premership goal kicker.

Middo
Club Player

goyousaints wrote:Have seen some very promising signs in both finals from kosi,think he may be about to take a game by the throat.
Absolutely agree !!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
noob
Club Player

By the way you could add kosi to the 'nick dal santo and nick riewoldt influence' because he missed rounds 14 and 15 just before we played collingwood in round 16.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

This friend just rang from Perth and said his "psychic" reckons the luckiest numbers this week for betting are 8 and 23 ..... make of it what you will. :shock:
Not that I am superstitious, but it is interesting that we have no number 8 and Coll have no number 23.
I hope our score is 23 - 8
:lol:

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote: If the Filth even think of getting rough, I'll expect Kosi to seek retribution and knock a couple of them out.

This may sound like a out-dated strategy, but Malthouse is a prick, this is a Grand Final. It happened to Dermie in 1989, and that scum-sucker Harry O could very easily attempt to take-out Riewaldt by foul methods.
I read today that some Pies supporters are worried Gardi may turn enforcer and go out with a bang 8-)

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Toy Saint wrote: If the Filth even think of getting rough, I'll expect Kosi to seek retribution and knock a couple of them out.

I read today that some Pies supporters are worried Gardi may turn enforcer and go out with a bang 8-)
Gardiner won't go the whack, because he'll be playing next year. Mind you if someone starts something, he'll finish it.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Gardiner won't go the whack, because he'll be playing next year. Mind you if someone starts something, he'll finish it.
I don't think he will retire, but the media put that spin on his press conference...

Loved his finals series thus far :)

jroberts:)
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
Agreed, we have to start as normal.

I would be over the moon for Kosi to kick the first goal this week. He's a big confidence player I think.

Sure, he kicked the first goal of the match in round 16, but hopefully this is different.
Agreed

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

It is a nice luxury for us to have a ruckman in a GF - and our best one at that.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.