NICKY WINMAR

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

secretsaint

NICKY WINMAR

Does anyone know where he is these days? I don’t think the Neil Mitchell program can get him here again if he is in WA.

It would be awesome if he could attend this year as we are playing the team that has made ‘that photo’ a piece of history

St Michele
Club Player

THere was a great article in the paper about him a few months back. He is living in rural Wa and seems to be going really well as for coming to the GF don;t know but would be awesome to have him there.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
kendall

I saw him at the Granny last year, so i think he will back up.

hellorocky
Club Player

I also caught up with him briefly last year at the GF, he was a bit overwhelmed by all the supporters I think.

St Michele
Club Player

hellorocky wrote:I also caught up with him briefly last year at the GF, he was a bit overwhelmed by all the supporters I think.
I would love to actually see him again I have his 'moment in time ' pster framed on my wall, wasmy favourite player for a long time.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
starsign
Club Player

just a sperm of the moment thought ....

but how would Elvis Winmar go presenting the cup to the Boys on Saturday and lifting up his jumper to the Filth!!!! as a little reminder to the likes of

Mr T Shaw ex Pie Premiership Capt / N Smith Medalist /Racist B@R$t@D and self confessed hero / King of Moomba!

they don't come any better than that lowlife in epitomizing the magnificent black & white in days gone by ...hopefully!!!

starsign
Club Player

Bit strong i know ...but can't help remembering the little piece of racist vermin this Captain Courageous directed at one of our own which started an all in punch-up as the 2 teams were coming off the G at half time one year after we had given the Pies a footy lesson for 2 quarters...(old collingwood tactic I know but the feeling flowed until that infamous day at Vic Park culminating in the famous jumper lifting episode)

guess what .... i hope we knock the ....... off again!!!
Yep I was there in '66 too!!

in fact i don't hope ...I KNOW WE WILL....
( and I can die happy)

GOSAINTERS
Last edited by starsign on Tue 21 Sep 2010 9:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Re: NICKY WINMAR

secretsaint wrote:Does anyone know where he is these days? I don’t think the Neil Mitchell program can get him here again if he is in WA.

It would be awesome if he could attend this year as we are playing the team that has made ‘that photo’ a piece of history
An interesting fact on Niel Elvis Winmar, it is his birthday on Grand Final day this year, just like me! It will be the best bday present ever if we get up!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
DJKCR
Club Player

Re: NICKY WINMAR

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:
secretsaint wrote:Does anyone know where he is these days? I don’t think the Neil Mitchell program can get him here again if he is in WA.

An interesting fact on Niel Elvis Winmar, it is his birthday on Grand Final day this year, just like me! It will be the best bday present ever if we get up!
Funny that, it's my birthday on Saturday as well. :D

"I don't roll on Shabbas" Walter Sobchak
Winmar
Club Player

It'd be great if he could get over here again. Last year his trip was paid for, for he's got no money. Love 'im!

hellorocky
Club Player

any news on this, anyone???

he just has to be there this year

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

hellorocky wrote:any news on this, anyone???

he just has to be there this year
Why?

hellorocky
Club Player

well if we can talk about the weather, Brumby and Gillard then surely I can talk about Nicky being there

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

hellorocky wrote:well if we can talk about the weather, Brumby and Gillard then surely I can talk about Nicky being there
Agreed.

snowdelisaint
Club Player

starsign wrote:just a sperm of the moment thought ....
Haha! It's "spur" of the moment -- but I think I like "sperm" better!

saintDal
Club Player

My Dad just told me he saw him downtown in Pingelly today so he isn't there unfortunately. Nicky gave him a big hug and seemed very pumped up for the game.

Hope he sees a Saints win :D :D :D