Standing room

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rooey5

Anyone else standing in M16? My sister and I got standing room, but the poor girl is going to be saving a spot for me by herself until about 1pm! I'm going to be feeding my 6 month old to the brim so (hopefully) he's not cranky for his dad!

Tom_Aus
Club Player

Rooey5 wrote:Anyone else standing in M16? My sister and I got standing room, but the poor girl is going to be saving a spot for me by herself until about 1pm! I'm going to be feeding my 6 month old to the brim so (hopefully) he's not cranky for his dad!
Stood there last year, its a ripper of a spot, right behind afl members

Rooey5

Good for midgets? :P :P

Tom_Aus
Club Player

Does anyone know from past experience if you can go into a different allocated standing room bay ( ie. go from M15 to M11) or are they very strict? From what i remember last year i don't think it was that difficult to just walk into a different bay..

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Tom_Aus wrote:Does anyone know from past experience if you can go into a different allocated standing room bay ( ie. go from M15 to M11) or are they very strict? From what i remember last year i don't think it was that difficult to just walk into a different bay..
Hey Tom, I was the guy next to you last year :) You can just stroll into any area, no one checked us last year.

Carpe Diem
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

Urgh i have to go to the loo 5 or 6 times during a game. And going by myself.. going to try to not eat salty food, drink water at all lol

Rooey5

Yeah it'll be a day for dehydration!

Tom_Aus
Club Player

Unforgiven wrote:
Tom_Aus wrote:Does anyone know from past experience if you can go into a different allocated standing room bay ( ie. go from M15 to M11) or are they very strict? From what i remember last year i don't think it was that difficult to just walk into a different bay..
Hey Tom, I was the guy next to you last year :) You can just stroll into any area, no one checked us last year.
How u been man? Get a ticket this year?

Born in Moorabbin
Club Player

Is anyone else standing in M10? I am quite nervous about it, never having stood for a match before (I am "grandma" age!). I just hope it isn't a filth area!

Allwewantisaflag
Tom_Aus
Club Player

Born in Moorabbin wrote:Is anyone else standing in M10? I am quite nervous about it, never having stood for a match before (I am "grandma" age!). I just hope it isn't a filth area!
Ill be in M11 right next to you. Standing room is fine, last year all stkilda supporters were in same bay. Just take some comfy shoes

DramRunner
Club Player

Is anyone in M15? I'll be there by myself this year as my brother couldn't make it. Hopefully some loud sainters cause I don't wanna be yelling by myself.

Saint Pup
Club Player

Anyone in standing M4? If so let me know, will need somebody to chat to to pass the time.

GET UP AND ABOUT SAINTERS!
Adz70

I'm in M9 with my 8 year old son. Can't get there very early so I hope he can see. Anyone been in SR in a final with young kids? Can they normally squeeze up the front, or are they then surrounded by ferrel supporter who have been on the piss since 8:30am?

Carn the Saints!
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Adz70 wrote:I'm in M9 with my 8 year old son. Can't get there very early so I hope he can see. Anyone been in SR in a final with young kids? Can they normally squeeze up the front, or are they then surrounded by ferrel supporter who have been on the piss since 8:30am?
Haven't done it before but I know I certainly would allow people considerably shorter than me to go infront. I imagine most others would do the same.

Tom_Aus
Club Player

Adz70 wrote:I'm in M9 with my 8 year old son. Can't get there very early so I hope he can see. Anyone been in SR in a final with young kids? Can they normally squeeze up the front, or are they then surrounded by ferrel supporter who have been on the piss since 8:30am?
I think you will find most people in standing room are not the ferals you normally get at home and away games. The majority of people in SR in grand finals are your members like you and me (we are not ferals are we :p).
In regards to your kids, not sure will depend on the rest of the people in the standing room bay

noblejohn
Club Player

Saint Pup wrote:Anyone in standing M4? If so let me know, will need somebody to chat to to pass the time.
I am along with 3 others, We are the ones in the red white and black lol
Actually I am the one yelling "Gwilt, you are a legend" or similar

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long
St.Carl
Club Player

I have stood for 2 GFs now (66 & 2009) - somewhat different experiences!

66 was in the old Outer - which was then replaced by the Ponsford Stand, which has since been replaced (makes me feel old!!).

Some suggestions for this year's standers (I wish I was with you, I have not been able to get anything so will be down at the StKilda big screen).
* as others have said, the standing room area was reasonably well behaved last year - all passionate supporters in the same boat.
* being an old (55) bugger now, I suggest taking a cushion or something to plonk on for the couple of hours from when the gates open to when things start to happen. Take a good book etc to pass the time (it is all a bit tense anyway).
* there was a certain amount of shuffling in the bay that basically meant the shorter people moved to the front - all part of the goodwill
* you can wander off to the loo etc - but I suggest only one of the group at a time, the rest need to guard the space (bags etc strategically placed are useful to mark territory as well)
* we were never checked to see if we were in the correct bay - not to say that it won't happen but didn't seem to be a big issue (there may be some standing areas that are more popular and therefore get a closer check on who is there)

Enjoy the experience!!! Hopefully a very memorable day!

GO SAINTS
Last edited by St.Carl on Tue 21 Sep 2010 10:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Carl
bigred
Saintsational Legend

M11.

We gonna roxxor that step.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint vince
Club Player

I am yet to see my tickets?

Did any social club members get standing room or is it only September Saints????

Tom_Aus
Club Player

Standing in M11 also, doesn't look like a half bad spot

saint1974
Club Player

saint vince wrote:I am yet to see my tickets?

Did any social club members get standing room or is it only September Saints????
Social club member 36 years plus the rest of family social club,all of us got standing room.

saint vince
Club Player

saint1974 wrote:

Social club member 36 years plus the rest of family social club,all of us got standing room.

What page were you on on the ticketek list?

saint1974
Club Player

saint vince wrote:
saint1974 wrote:

What page were you on on the ticketek list?
Page 26
Cheers

bigred
Saintsational Legend

saint1974 wrote:

28 years here and got standing room...My brother missed out and is gutted.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint1974
Club Player

Yep Big Red
Just so glad to be there even with kids!