The stars are definately aligning

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

YoungSainterForever
Club Player

Re: The stars are definately aligning

saint patrick wrote:I felt a strange feeling of calm as soon as we qualified..

We have slipped beautifully under the radar this year..

We have fresh Grand final experience..and the bitter taste still lingers..interesting to hear Riewoldt mention that he heard Geelong players last night refer to it during the game last year!

That and the fact that everything has gone to plan for the pies and the they are overwhelming favourites..if's its close which I reckon our boys will ensure it will be their anxiety levels will blow sky high..

Don't even mind tempting fate..the feeling of upset win and the righting of last years injustice is palpable..

Have almost never been so confident that a side is going to have to play bloody well to deny us this moment..

Structure and effort in place and this will be the stuff of our wildest dreams...

Just win the bloody thing and send all saints to heaven!!!!

:twisted:
Yeap, cant agree more... I have the exact same feeling, its bizarre, i have no worries whatsoever, and no doubt in my mind that we will play beauitfuly, and (fingers crossed) take away the flag!

"Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat" COME ON SAINTERS!!!
markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Saints will be harder at the pill than anything the filth have faced this year.
Quoted for truth.

starsign
Club Player

yep and just for good measure this Friday night , sit them down in comfort and replay the last quarter and aftermath of last years GF!!!.... TWICE!!

What were Nicks words to the g after the game again????

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:07am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Last year I felt we played our best footy mid season and struggled to get back to our best. This year we've just been going about our business, not doing anything special (banking the four points as Ross would say).
I get the feeling we're still building towards our best this season. The Qualifying Final and second half of the Prelim indicated to me that on Saturday we are going to see the Saints best game of the season. Four quarters of sustained intensity and effort that will bring us our second flag.
BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

This is a brilliant thread and I agree we should have more confidence - after three other goes at winning our second have been squandered in ridiculous fashion - with us being ahead in all of them at half time and beyond.
However, although I appreciate it - it sort of seems creepy and weird having Essendon and Carlton types jump on the bandwagon - the horses might bolt and I am not sure I want to talk with those types!
I hope they remembered to BYO for the celebrations. 8-)

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Aker is now tipping us...heaven forbid. He reckons the Pies might lose a couple early to injuries that will muck up their rotations. And if they start missing shots the pressure will build.

Sounds good to me...even if he is an idiot.

wallbanger
Club Player

I too am surprisingly calm about it all this year - there is just a strange confidence and calm about the boys, like they have a secret that no one knows about at the moment - but they all will on Saturday!!

Lenny for the Norm Smith...and Saints to pull away in the last and win by 29 points.

You heard it first here.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

our boys are prepared to break their own bones, tear muscles, just to win.

We saw that last year with BJ's busted shoulder, plus various other nasty injuries.

And to win fairly, with the focus on the ball (and Ball!).

The Pies won't know what's hit them, they will be a bunch of very sore boys come half time.

All we need is to be within 3 goals of them at half time, and the wet sail will bring us home!

Born in Moorabbin
Club Player

Great post saint patrick. I feel very calm and confident after reading your well-reasoned post. Thanks!

Allwewantisaflag
stevie
Saintsational Legend

I feel more confident than last year, thought am more nervous. Its only Wednesday and the game is on my mind 24/7! The worst part is imaging another loss...

I think part of the confidence is knowing that our opponent isn't Geelong. Even though our record against is great at the moment, and we did our best last year, their rep and GF experience is always hard to combat.

Collingwood have had a great seaon and are in top form, take nothing away from them for that.
But they aren't as good a team as the Cats were on GF day last year.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:Aker is now tipping us...heaven forbid. He reckons the Pies might lose a couple early to injuries that will muck up their rotations. And if they start missing shots the pressure will build.

Sounds good to me...even if he is an idiot.
I dont think Aker is an idiot, he actually does understand footy. Sure he doesnt know when to shut up but that doesnt make him an idiot. I am really glad he has tipped us. He was right about Johnson wasnt he :?:

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I agree about Aker, he might have the inability to shut his mouth and the special skill of annoying the masses when he speaks but does have a good understanding of the game.
Even if his ego and big mouth often make just about everyone want to smack him.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through