Would you draft Andrew Krakouer?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

They just said on AFL 360 that he tore apart the WAFL grand final on the weekend, getting 40 possessions and kicking the winning goal, at the 32 minute mark of the last quarter, to get them over the line by a point. If his attitude is right and he's considered of "good character", now, he's surely the style we could very much do with. Someone who could add depth to our midfield rotations, who could break the lines with his speed and evasiveness (and break through "zones" and "presses" and "clusters") and then hit someone lace-out on the lead. Not to mention someone who could crumb off Rooey and Kosi in the forward line and also free up Schneider and Milne to have runs in the midfield, which seems to have benefitted them both at times this year. I imagine he would also be ideal in the forward line for his tackling. So many of the indigenous guys are brilliant at tackling and helping to keep the ball in the forward line and I don't imagine he would be any different. Mini does that now, but not much else. He could do the tackling that Mini does, but so much more:

"Andrew Krakouer's teammates and coach were left in awe after his unbelievable grand final display as Swans' beat Claremont to claim the 2010 WAFL premiership.
It was this calibre game that led him to winning the Sandover Medal as the competition's fairest and best player, but his performance in Sunday's grand final will be the one that everyone remembers as one of the best individual games ever produced.

It should also now see him re-enter the AFL system and with his body showing no signs of slowing down he would have at least three good years left for Gold Coast, West Coast or any other AFL side willing to give him a go.

His grand final performance had to be seen to be believed and the sheer numbers of 40 possessions and four goals read incredibly, but if it's possible his impact was actually bigger than the stats suggest....":
http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/wa-foot ... watoday_sb
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Thu 23 Sep 2010 2:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Rather blood young players, put more time into Steven, Heyne and others.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

he was awsome this year !! he has not put a foot wrong and was easily in a class of his own in the WAFL ... honestly i would give him a shot .. the bloke has done his time copped his punnishment and has come back a better man for it ... let face it how many in his situation would of flushed the rest of their life away ? he has shown the grit and determination to fight his way back and more power to him for it

having said that i feel he is already headed to the Westcoast (although they are gunna have to use a earlyer draft pick on him then they would of though 2 months ago )

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
jackal
Club Player

He seriously chopped up the GF. I think he'll go to Eagles after they trade pick 30 or something to the Goldy who have first dibs on him. If you don't want him at the Saints then you have not seem him play this year.

rexy
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:He was a bit like BJ at the tiges, never really cemented his spot and a bit slow to get moving early. He pretty much got moved on when after the frawley years, nothing seemed to be going right. He wasn't the worst at tiger land and always seemed like he was ready to really break out of the shackles. He was one of those guys who had a bit of bad luck timing wise. He was at a s*** club and a bit to old to stay, not quite there as a player and stigmatised by being involved at a club that offered one good season and fell away sharply. Fiora has probably made it hard for Saints fans to want anything from that era, but I saw more genuine potential from the Krak.

I wouldnt be disappointed if he was available with our last pick and we gave him a go, I suppose I wouldnt be overly disappointed if we used an arlier pick and the club won a flag with him either, although I would like to see us pick up some quality kids early in the draft really.

Comparing him to BJ is a fair way off the mark IMO, BJ debuted at 17 whilst still in highschool and at one stage stood Kouta at CHB without being disgraced, the few people who questioned BJs credentials as a number 1 pick were short sighted IMO. The talent, determination, desire and ferocity were evident almost off the bat to me???

Maybe this year?
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Definitely - especially after the reference above - and his GF performance. Sounds like Lovett is a poor man's Andrew Krakouer and they probably should not be compared.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

rexy wrote: I wouldnt be disappointed if he was available with our last pick and we gave him a go, I suppose I wouldnt be overly disappointed if we used an arlier pick and the club won a flag with him either
You wouldn't be overly disappointed? I'd be over the moon if we gave up our first pick for him and we won the flag with him!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

The stories coming out about this guy are quality. He's made a mistake and paid dearly for it.

It sounds like he could be a fantastic mature-age recruit.

GCSuns bound for sure.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Says in today's Collingwood newsletter (Herald Sun) that Gold Coast are after a first round draft pick for him. Might be a bit optimistic, considering his age.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Says in today's Collingwood newsletter (Herald Sun) that Gold Coast are after a first round draft pick for him. Might be a bit optimistic, considering his age.
:lol:

if collingwood pick him up surely they realise that he is 0-7 against St Kilda
ppl starting to realise that his AFL record stands at 34W 68L

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

ChicagoSaint wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Says in today's Collingwood newsletter (Herald Sun) that Gold Coast are after a first round draft pick for him. Might be a bit optimistic, considering his age.

Surely that record could be shared amongst 21 other players, not solely attributed to him?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:

Surely that record could be shared amongst 21 other players, not solely attributed to him?
sorry mate that's his record.
i didn't realise i was dealing with the #1 ticket holder of the andrew krakouer fan club.
it doesn't matter who he plays for, that's his record and at his age in the fullness of time history will state that he was a loser.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:

i didn't realise i was dealing with the #1 ticket holder of the andrew krakouer fan club.
it doesn't matter who he plays for, that's his record and at his age in the fullness of time history will state that he was a loser.
Trevor Barker's 230 games did not include any finals appearances..... Does that make him a loser too?

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:

Trevor Barker's 230 games did not include any finals appearances..... Does that make him a loser too?
do you know?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:

do you know?
Who?

Andrew? Trevor? Sheila Dikshit? Arsefrom Elbow?

A couple of those. :wink:

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

reminds self to google sheila dikshit.

no, do you know that no amount of reliving all those barker marks will ever mean that he played in a winning pattern.

similarly, krakouer plays footy as a loser. until he has more wins than losses (which will be never) history will be the toughest judge and will dictate that he's a loser by virtue of his pattern of loss.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:reminds self to google sheila dikshit.

no, do you know that no amount of reliving all those barker marks will ever mean that he played in a winning pattern.

similarly, krakouer plays footy as a loser. until he has more wins than losses (which will be never) history will be the toughest judge and will dictate that he's a loser by virtue of his pattern of loss.
That's very brave of you to categorise Trevor Barker as a loser.

I can hear B4E loading cannons as we speak. :wink:

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

B4E can go suck it.

comparing a semi-professional era to a guy who has played the majority of his footy in the 2000s or in jail is not really fair though GO.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:dikshit.
A very apt description of yourself!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

so charming b4E i demand an apology :roll:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:B4E can go suck it.

comparing a semi-professional era to a guy who has played the majority of his footy in the 2000s or in jail is not really fair though GO.
Where does it say I have to play fair?

Roos didn't. :wink:

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Good to see this post has kept on track.
So now, the Collingwood team that spanked us on the weekend could be strengthened by both Krakouer and Tarrant, on top of the natural development of their relatively young list. If they don't have a "premiership hangover" where the hell are we going to improve enough to even get close to them, especially if we do bugger-all at the trade table?

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Suggest you have a look at Chris Pikes article on page 35 of Sept 22nd Inside Football.

His coach Brian Dawson is more than happy with his redemption. Sandover Medal and the Simpson(Norm Smith).

Would i want him ??? Are you kidding me ? Why didnt we get him already !!!

Point to note in the article is a 16 year old kid named Coniglio also playing for the Swans ,, Certainly worth more than a look ,, but with a name like that is bound to be picked up by Carltoon

But Tarrant ?? No thank you

What will be next from this club ?
lennylegend

looks like he is gong to collingwood which will make them heaps stronger. He would be perfect for us jail or no jail record. However Captain Conservative wont go near him due to PAST HISTORY with Lovett. Will probably be awesome at the pies. Oh well another hard luck story we can write about this time next year

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

lennylegend wrote:Captain Conservative
I like that! :lol: