MCC Members

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

NoMore
Club Player

MCC Members

Hey everyone i was just wandering how many of u are MCC members and whether u will be queing to go in on friday night or early saturday morning.

I was thinking of catching the last train in on friday night and setting up camp. Only thing is i am by myself and don't want to be the only saints supporter there as i know lots of the filth will be there early

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry mate, got a seat in the ballot. Hopefully you'll get a bunch of neutral or Saints supporters around :)

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
wasaintsfan
Club Player

pay my flights and buy me a ticket and ill protect you from the filth.... oh and gimmie a spare room too:P

i feel its a fair deal and that you should take it

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sorry I was going to be in your shoes also, until I lucked out via the MCC facebook page - I wrote on it that I was after 1 or 2 ballot seats, and someone checked out my facebook, saw I was friends with someone he knew (thanks snoopygirl!) and because I wasn't a Pies fan, I've now got a reserved seat in the ballot.

So there you go.......facebook finally has achieved something useful lol!!!

avid
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Sorry I was going to be in your shoes also, until I lucked out via the MCC facebook page - I wrote on it that I was after 1 or 2 ballot seats, and someone checked out my facebook, saw I was friends with someone he knew (thanks snoopygirl!) and because I wasn't a Pies fan, I've now got a reserved seat in the ballot.

So there you go.......facebook finally has achieved something useful lol!!!
Gee we should start our own 'return a seat to a Saints fan' ballot here too!
I need two please!!!!
(We're not people who love camping, and we're not equipped to be outdoors all night!)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

A word of warning to all those sitting in the MCC reserve.

Make sure you are wearing acceptable clothing.
My nephew was refused entry on Saturday night becasue he was wearing Traccy dax, and had to go home and change them.

The MCC Staff seemed to be overly officious, so beware!

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I've got my hands on a few general admission MCC passes & will be going in on Friday night & setting up camp (well a sleeping bag & a camp chair).

You're welcome to join me & my mates... PM me.

Don't forget to wear a collared shirt & tidy jeans as it would suck to queue all night & get knocked back due to inappropriate attire.

The tix that my wife & I got through our social club membership have gone to two long time members that missed out on a ticket.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:A word of warning to all those sitting in the MCC reserve.

My nephew was refused entry on Saturday night becasue he was wearing Traccy dax, and had to go home and change them.

Not overly officious MM, that is just the dress standards (which are fine for a members section in my opinion). The GF is their biggest day of the year & you can be sure that the MCC will be hot on any misdemeanors (which should hopefully see numerous filth supporters ejected!)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:A word of warning to all those sitting in the MCC reserve.

Not overly officious MM, that is just the dress standards (which are fine for a members section in my opinion). The GF is their biggest day of the year & you can be sure that the MCC will be hot on any misdemeanors (which should hopefully see numerous filth supporters ejected!)
Actually, if you ask to see a copy of the regulations, there is actually no requirement to actually wear pants, just no traccy dax.
My nephew argued the point with them and was shown the door! :)

He left and found a mate at Richmond train station who he swapped pants with, and then came back to the MCG!

older saint
SS Life Member

Currently battling the flu but intention is to line up. Will probably get there around 9-10 so pm me if interested

casey scorp
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:I've got my hands on a few general admission MCC passes & will be going in on Friday night & setting up camp (well a sleeping bag & a camp chair).
What is an MCC general admission pass. Thought it was only full members (and holders of adult guest passes) who could get into the GF on swiping their tickets?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

casey scorp wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:I've got my hands on a few general admission MCC passes & will be going in on Friday night & setting up camp (well a sleeping bag & a camp chair).
What is an MCC general admission pass. Thought it was only full members (and holders of adult guest passes) who could get into the GF on swiping their tickets?

They have the ballot for reserved seats & then about 10,000 walk up (or general admission) tickets for the remaining seats & standing room. That's why there will be people lining up from sometime on Friday so they can get in & get the pick of the remaining seats. They then get a ticket reserving their seat & can exit the ground & return for the game. The passes I have are through a major sporting body that has rights for it's members & staff at the G- so they're probably akin to adult guest passes.

Sorry MM, my mistake... it's probably just my belief that wearing trakky dacks into the members would be frowned upon. I know they had the same issue in the Medallion Club at Etihad... dress regulations are tough to enforce unless you have a zero tolerance policy to certain items.

bendigo bob
Club Player

Im intending to join the queue about 4.30/5.00am on Saturday morning. Hoping like hell its not raining!!

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
philtee
Club Player

Re : Queueing. Some very handy info on the MCC's facebook page -
http://www.facebook.com/MelbourneCricketClub

These quotes are from the MCC -
"But we believe Full members who support Collingwood or St Kilda total about 10,000 people"
"The breakdown of unreserved seats in the Members Reserve for the grand final is 3000 (Level 1), 1500 (Level 2),
500 (Level 3) and 4800 (Level 4), plus more than 1100 standing room spaces. We can't really give you an accurate guide
as to how many people will queue, nor at what time they'll arrive, but history suggests that 4am would comfortably secure you a seat."
(Personally, I think they'e being pesimistic with that time).

ALSO - Breakdown of AFL club support within MCC members, as of early 2009, from the club newsletter -
Melbourne 21 %
Essendon 13 %
Collingwood 11 %
Carlton 9%
Hawthorn 8%
Richmond 7%
Geelong 7%
St Kilda 5%
Kangaroos 3%
Bulldogs 2%

A mate tells me the biggest MCC crush for a GF that he experienced was Essendon v Melbourne in 2000, which reflects the figures above.
But he still got a seat, at the back!

Trojan
Club Player

philtee wrote:We can't really give you an accurate guide
as to how many people will queue, nor at what time they'll arrive, but history suggests that 4am would comfortably secure you a seat."
(Personally, I think they'e being pesimistic with that time).
Just to clarify, do you mean that 2am will comfortably secure you a seat? Or will 6am comfortably secure you a seat?

Interesting other quote from Facebook from an MCC Member:

" [We] arrived at 1am to find about 200 people there last year."

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Also for males, make sure you're wearing a shirt with a collar. Even if you're wearing a jumper or jacket they'll still check to see if you have a collar underneath. Overly officious yes but just be aware.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
philtee
Club Player

Hi Trojan,
I think the MCC is being cautious, so no-one can complain afterwards.
I reckon 6 will be fine...BUT, just in case, I'll be getting there at 4!

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

There is a pic on twitter of the first MCC member lined up for Saturday.

avid
Club Player

Many, many thanks Philtee!!
Will see you about 4.00am
(Even if we don't know who we are.)

PJ Sainter

I got there about 3am last year and got 2nd row level 3

Going alone this year (Esendon mate has abondoned me), so might take my chances around 5am - level 1 hopefully

Happy to meet up with any one here going alone (better for queing etc)

PM me

avid
Club Player

If anyone's in the queue, and can get onto the web, could they let us know how the queue's looking?
We're intending to get down there at 4am.
We'll come faster if it's looking really massive.

Liam_G
Club Player

avid wrote:If anyone's in the queue, and can get onto the web, could they let us know how the queue's looking?
I second that question. I'm sure some fellow saints with Internet capable mobile phones will login are let us all know what state the queue is at? Please? :D

jmac101
Club Player

Will do guys. I'm probly going to get there at like 1130pm. Will keep you updated.

avid
Club Player

jmac101 wrote:Will do guys. I'm probly going to get there at like 1130pm. Will keep you updated.
Thanks very much.

Fidelis
Club Player

In the queue now. Much busier than last year. Would be about 100m long already. Estimate from the officials is 2000 people strong. Thatmay be a bit generous but my advice is earlier rather than later. Pretty chirpy crowd at this point. Will update later

Faithful Even Unto Death