Bakers last Game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bakers last Game

We all know that Baker is a marked man by the stooges at the AFL.

The suspension he copped against Geelong was nothing short of immoral and bordered on victimisation.

With that in mind and the fact that the AFl will rub Baker out just for running out on Saturday, this will definately be Bakers last match.

So with this in his head, and with the fact that Bakes knows that the AFL smarmy bastards in Demented and his lawyer monkey Anderson are going to get him, Collingwood should be very very worried.

Baker will be let off the leash. Baker will main and intimidate with impunity. Baker will HURT Collingwood players.

And there is nothing Demented and Anderson and the corrupt suckholes of the MRP can do about it.

Suspend him for 12 months. Doesn't matter when you are retired.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Be prepared for free kicks early.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Signed for 2011.

Highly unlikely

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
FullMonty
Club Player

Lets start a collection for his retirement!

Montyrules!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

jim o'dea mark two? who'll be johnny greening?

widereceiver
Club Player

He could certainly go round again, regardless of the stooges.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think we underestimate his ability to beat an opponent one on one.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:jim o'dea mark two? who'll be johnny greening?
I sincerely hope not.

I wasn't alive for that sickening incident but it really does make me ill thinking about that.

I know you're not being serious but if you are, pull your head.

If you're not being serious and just having a bit of a joke, each to their own. I wouldn't make a joke about something like that though.

Black day in the club's history imo.

Born in Moorabbin
Club Player

That's a bit sick bergholt - that incident is not one of our best!! Anyway, isn't Bakes playing on next year?

Allwewantisaflag
spert
Saintsational Legend

I would start Bakes in the forward pocket- run Milne on a wing...might just keep the smaller Pie defenders looking over their shoulders.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:If you're not being serious and just having a bit of a joke, each to their own. I wouldn't make a joke about something like that though.
i wasn't around for it and have no idea what the impact actually was. i was just taking the sentiment of the thread to its logical conclusion.

saint3d
Club Player

A mate of mine spoke to Bakes at the hall of fame dinner and this very subject came up.

I'm not convinced it's necessary or that Baker would be keen to retire.

Gershwin
Club Player

Don't be ridiculous Joffaboy.
Free kicks and 50m penalties can cost a game.
If Bakes does play he will play tight and hard and fair.

summertime and the living is easy ........
felixleo
Club Player

Would love Bakes to go out and give them hell but I have heard and don't know if it is true or not that if you go over a certain number of weeks suspension you are ineligible to coach later on or play in lower grades.

Are you gonna be the one?
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:If you're not being serious and just having a bit of a joke, each to their own. I wouldn't make a joke about something like that though.
i wasn't around for it and have no idea what the impact actually was. i was just taking the sentiment of the thread to its logical conclusion.
that's ok then.

like I said, each to their own.

I wasn't around either but i've heard a first hand account from a spectator at the ground and it sounded very gruesome.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bakers last Game

Confirmed via his facebook even before was signed he isnt retiring this year.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bakers last Game

Ralphy wrote:Confirmed via his facebook even before was signed he isnt retiring this year.
yes but if he does belt all and sundry as JB suggests, what's the point in him playing only 2 games next season?

GF suspensions are doubled, so Bakes can expect about 20 weeks if he gets carried away!

If he does play, then I hope he unleashes a career's worth of fury on the Pies :twisted:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

A 12 month suspension certainly isn't out of the question...for being named in the team. It's about time smoke and mirrors was stamped out of our game, an example needs to be set!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

felixleo wrote:Would love Bakes to go out and give them hell but I have heard and don't know if it is true or not that if you go over a certain number of weeks suspension you are ineligible to coach later on or play in lower grades.
I think you'll find he is already ineligible to play for anyone else but us. Apparently??? Something about already having too many points/suspensions etc??

He'll give his blood, sweat and tears for his team-mates on Saturday! No doubt!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
hotdish
Club Player

no need to push Bakes into retirement - we will need him for the 2-peat in 2011!!! :lol:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

needs to be selective, do it when the umpires are not watching... some nice little jumper punches etc..... get the pies focus off the boy and listening for foot steps

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Seriously, Didak will be Crappin'dak! :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
PeckettofChips
Club Player

Speaking of freaking Greening, I stumbles upon this maggot from the Pies writing about the incident.

http://www.thebigtip.com.au/afl/magpies ... champion-3

The article is bad enough, but the comment made by one poster (really popular article LOL) incensed me talking about karma.

These pricks never stop.

ThePunter
Club Player

That article by Magpie Greg is everywhere. He reproduces it whenever he gets the opportunity.

For most reasonable people, we may feel fleeting moments of hate, but then we move on. Hate is an awful emotion, it divides people.

As I have said in many places, I am yet to read an eyewitness account of what actually happened. Every account seems to be "Greening kicked the ball, I watched the ball sail down to the forward line, I turned back to see Greening on the ground..." No one can actually tell me from first hand accounts what actually happened.

I'm sure Greening feels awfully uncomfortable whenever the media drag this one up. We all need to move on.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Sounds like a horrendous incident. If I had seen it, I would never forget it, for sure. It's like the Lockett-Caven incident... you just don't forget those things.

It's actually really good that footy isn't blighted by these type of incidents - at least not very much - now.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.